Our Next Tight Game | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our Next Tight Game

Reaction Score
The crown of being the biggest opportunity remaining for every team in the conference. It’s absolutely a crown. There’s a big fat target on our back. You can ignore it if you want. But we’re about to get everyone’s best shot
It’s a target on our backs not a crown. You only get one of those from winning the BE or a Natty

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Ourselves. Just keep playing as a team and we’ll win, start playing for the name on the back of your jersey and not the one in front and we’ll lose.
You know why I'm not worried about that one bit? Because Hawkins is all in with team ball and if your star is all in, the rest will follow.

Reaction Score
It’s a target on our backs not a crown. You only get one of those from winning the BE or a Natty
You’re playing word games. You get my point

Reaction Score
You know why I'm not worried about that one bit? Because Hawkins is all in with team ball and if your star is all in, the rest will follow.
Love it. I can’t envision them playing anything less than a team game. I haven’t seen one of those guys playing selfishly. Sanogo may not pass out the ball all the time when he’s getting double or triple teamed at times but he’s learning to pass out more and more. Sanogo is still getting comfortable with doing that, but when he’s not I don’t see him doing that with malicious selfish intent.

Reaction Score
At this point, I’m worried we will have so few close games we may get shook by a tight one in the tournament

But I mean where else can you look besides Creighton

Reaction Score
If this team loses @Xavier I’m never going to a UConn game again lol. I’m 0-11 and starting to think I jinx the team. It seemed like they lost every year when playing the Bearcats other than years I wasn’t able to be there. I’ve even traveled to away games at Memphis and Ohio State. This will be my first game since pre-Covid days and I’ll be cheering loud so I’m hoping to break this streak!

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I'll go on record that I'll be very surprised if we (or anyone) runs the table in the BE this season. It's never been done and there have been quite a few tremendous teams in this conference. Accomplishing this will take talent (we may have that), experience (not sure we have enough), consistent, sustained focus and determination (the 1998-1999 team was the only one I remember who had that) and luck (what derailed the 1998-1999 team from an undefeated season).

Will I want to win every game? Of course I will, ideally in blowouts. Will I be angry and upset after any loss? Absolutely. That said, the goal should be to win the conference regular season outright. Then the goal should be to win the BET. If we accomplish both, everything should fall into place.
We aren’t running the table. And when we lose, this place will be worse than the Syracuse board for like 6 hours.

Reaction Score
If this team loses @Xavier I’m never going to a UConn game again lol. I’m 0-11 and starting to think I jinx the team. It seemed like they lost every year when playing the Bearcats other than years I wasn’t able to be there. I’ve even traveled to away games at Memphis and Ohio State. This will be my first game since pre-Covid days and I’ll be cheering loud so I’m hoping to break this streak!
Stay away!

Reaction Score
Every conference game will be tough. A team beating us can launch them into the at large convo. We will be the game of the year for every team in this conference. Every road game will be bananas. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.
Meh, we’ve been there, done that. I expect us to do it again. Only multiple injuries would derail us.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Butler is a quad 1 win. They're a tough team away. Hurley will have them mentally prepared.
I was concerned that the 9pm start in Gainesville against a new SEC coach wanting to make an impression was a trap game, until shortly after the game started.

Saturday night at 7pm, after a week off, with Thad Matta debuting in Big East play as head coach of his alma mater in Hinkle gives me a similar pause. I'd like play on the court to clear things up as they did in Florida.

One game at a time.

You’re playing word games. You get my point
It's really no big deal, but if you start with one word and then switch to another, doing so is more likely to be seen as a word game than what you've claimed in somebody else.

Your second sentence fully makes your point, and gives others room to agree or not.

Reaction Score
Nova has been playing better with Whitmore, but that one is at home. And not that much better. That could be somewhat tight at least,

First chance to lose is probably @Xavier. Their fans will be going nuts and they're in desperate need of a signature win.

I'll also add that Butler randomly beats strong teams at home often. Feel like they beat Villanova almost every year at home.
You never lnow when you will have clunker. UCONNis much better than everyone on their schedule. But losing 1 to 3 games is possible, heck even probable

Reaction Score
I'll be the only one to stick my neck out in saying they will go undefeated. Creighton away is their only threat. It's the plane ride. As soon as someone is having an off night Hurley will replace them. It's not like last year. Each game someone new steps up and delivers. It will be Hawkins more often than not. There's no stopping this train.

Reaction Score
Lots of people sleeping on Marquette. 8-3 with some big wins and three very tight losses.
Big wins:
-Georgia Tech at home by 24;
-Baylor (#6 at the time) at home by 26;
-ND away by 15
Three losses:
-at Purdue by 5
-Mississippi St at home by 3;
-Wisconsin at home by 3

You can argue that we're undefeated, blah, blah, blah, but we'll find out in the next 3 months if we can keep the mentality that's been so important thus far while avoiding injuries and some team having their game of the year.

UConn holds the OBE record for regular season wins with 17 but no one has gone undefeated in the years we've been in the league and I'm too lazy tonight to see if anyone did it before we joined the NBE.

After watching some of the better teams it would seem the best are Xavier, Marquette and maybe Villanova with their injured players back. Creighton has no depth and we should handle them twice.

Reaction Score
Lots of people sleeping on Marquette. 8-3 with some big wins and three very tight losses.
Big wins:
-Georgia Tech at home by 24;
-Baylor (#6 at the time) at home by 26;
-ND away by 15
Three losses:
-at Purdue by 5
-Mississippi St at home by 3;
-Wisconsin at home by 3

You can argue that we're undefeated, blah, blah, blah, but we'll find out in the next 3 months if we can keep the mentality that's been so important thus far while avoiding injuries and some team having their game of the year.

UConn holds the OBE record for regular season wins with 17 but no one has gone undefeated in the years we've been in the league and I'm too lazy tonight to see if anyone did it before we joined the NBE.

After watching some of the better teams it would seem the best are Xavier, Marquette and maybe Villanova with their injured players back. Creighton has no depth and we should handle them twice.
I agree. Marquette road game will be our toughest conference test of the year. Shaka teams always bring the energy and physicality as well.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Next game at Butler.
They're respectable, and every BE road game is gonna be tough. Butler seems to always play well at Hinkle against top teams.

If playing at Hinkle in front of that crowd doesn't get the Huskies up and snap their minds in to conference play, I don't know what will.

No let downs and no overlooking Butler.

They'll be ready.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the Yard is psychologically prepared for a top team. We are the hunter not the hunted. Those who who feel safer rooting for a lower level team need to pick up their game.

Reaction Score
I don't see Georgetown, Providence, Depaul, or even a pretty solid Butler team as having enough horses to derail us. I've seen great defensive games by St Johns, Seton Hall, and Marquette, with significant on ball pressure which I think is the key to preventing us from exploiting our dominance at center. Of those 3, I believe only Marquette has the firepower to score enough to win. Xavier and Creighton are heavyweight fights if they are healthy. The outcome could be a romp or a single digit loss. We should dominate the Nova tha t played in November, but they are getting better. I like our chances but don't discount them. Their 3 point shooting and our 3 point defense will decide. In the end, anything between 20-0 and 17-3 seems actually on the table. Even if we slip due to injuries or bad Karma, I don't think anybody else does better than 15-5, so we should be the leader in the clubhouse for the Big East #1 seed.

Reaction Score
I'll be the only one to stick my neck out in saying they will go undefeated. Creighton away is their only threat. It's the plane ride. As soon as someone is having an off night Hurley will replace them. It's not like last year. Each game someone new steps up and delivers. It will be Hawkins more often than not. There's no stopping this train.
Post/handle. Also, doomed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom