Our Next Tight Game | The Boneyard

Our Next Tight Game

Reaction Score
OK. Butler, Georgetown, Nova, Xavier, Providence, Creighton and Marquette. First, do we lose to any of these teams? Second, which ones are closely competitive games? As lackluster as many of them have been, we will be their game of the year with our ranking and some of them are very likely to get better, right? Off nights can happen.

Reaction Score
Nova has been playing better with Whitmore, but that one is at home. And not that much better. That could be somewhat tight at least,

First chance to lose is probably @Xavier. Their fans will be going nuts and they're in desperate need of a signature win.

I'll also add that Butler randomly beats strong teams at home often. Feel like they beat Villanova almost every year at home.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
If our expectation is that we win every game, and that we don’t eclecticism them to be close, I think we are going to be let down. Conference play is a different animal. I love this team but these games are going to be closer than you think most nights.

Reaction Score
Nova has been playing better with Whitmore, but that one is at home. And not that much better. That could be somewhat tight at least,

First chance to lose is probably @Xavier. Their fans will be going nuts and they're in desperate need of a signature win.

I'll also add that Butler randomly beats strong teams at home often. Feel like they beat Villanova almost every year at home.
I was going to say: Butler is Top 70 Kenpom and 51 in NET, so that will be a Quad 1 game. We should still absolutely win it, but they do often play teams tough.

Reaction Score
Nova will definitely be a close game, and I'd expect Butler to be relatively close too. Of course close for this team is a game where the lead hovers around double digits

Reaction Score
I forgot to add that I expect that if we are in trouble on the road that the refs will be with screwing us, although if Sanogo or Hawkins gets 2 quick ones we have the depth.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Who is on the record for UConn running the table?

There are some bad teams at the bottom of the league. Georgetown is bad. Depaul plays decent team ball but has no talent. Seton Hall looks pretty bad this year. After that, it is a lot of OK teams. UConn should win most of those games but I don't know if UConn is good enough, or those other teams bad enough, for UConn to run the table. Someone will get hot, or cold, and a game that should be a 12 point win turns into a battle. That is why they play the games.

Reaction Score
Every conference game will be tough. A team beating us can launch them into the at large convo. We will be the game of the year for every team in this conference. Every road game will be bananas. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

Reaction Score
OK. Butler, Georgetown, Nova, Xavier, Providence, Creighton and Marquette. First, do we lose to any of these teams? Second, which ones are closely competitive games? As lackluster as many of them have been, we will be their game of the year with our ranking and some of them are very likely to get better, right? Off nights can happen.
Butler , Providence are trap games as are almost every league away game except Georgetown , Seton Hall those teams are horrible, maybe DePaul. On paper our first test will be at Xavier New Years Eve ( day) .
You can’t bring you C game and expect a walkover .
I did’t see the LIU game just highlights but
It would have been the perfect time to have Sanogo play. Facing the basket with Clingan at the 5 .
I know he put it on the floor but
facing up and hitting mid range jumpers is his real ticket to the NBA.

Reaction Score
The longer we stay undefeated the more pressure will build and the more other teams are going to play out of their minds against us. I still think we can stay undefeated for a while though

Reaction Score
All conference road games will be tough. We are who we are, however. The best team in the country.

Reaction Score
I don’t even care that much about catching a few losses (I mean I do, but not as much as I thought I would). I just want this team to be as battle tested as possible, so that we are fully prepared for the tourny.
This

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
I won't jinx the team but some of you are thinking the same thing I am (and have been for weeks). I am looking forward to our Creighton games, time to change that tide.

After seeing them play Florida not sure why a road game would be scary - that place was LOUD. Until the hammer fell.

Reaction Score
No reason we shouldn't beat anybody, but can't overlook anybody. Butler made pretty handy work of Cal. Granted Cal is 0'fer, but still have to put the ball in the hoop and Butler did it convincingly against them. Can't underestimate anybody as we have a target on our back for the rest of the season. Just have to handle business.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be any more suprised if they go undefeated than picking up a couple losses. Might even be more suprised if they don't. I can't remember a team (UConn team at least) that has had more players on it with this much confidence and killer instinct than this one. Add in the talent depth and the unselfish team play, and they really feel special.

Reaction Score
Personally, I don't think Georgetown, DePaul and Seton Hall have the horses to beat UConn this year. Any of the other Big East teams could knock us off with their A game, especially at home. I expect two losses, and I think they'll come from two of Xavier, Creighton, Marquette and St. John's.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom