Our last few hours in the American. | The Boneyard

Our last few hours in the American.

Reaction Score
We all found out the location of East Carolina. People from Connecticut went to Tulsa.

Reaction Score
I loved the AAC Tourney game in Memphis against Memphis when Giffey went off hitting three pointer after three pointer. At one point everybody in the place had eyes on him. We come down the court and pass to Giffey in the corner without a Memphis defender near him. You could hear the Memphis fans let out a sigh before the ball left his hand for another three pointer. At that point - in the first half- it was over.

Reaction Score
57C515CD-6F43-439E-9CDE-6EBF37C7301A.jpeg

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This couple was telling us the story of how they paid $150 for tickets off the street to the AAC semis in Orlando and I didn't crack a smile even though we only paid $30 for 2. And we overpaid I know. It was only when they said the tickets turned out to be counterfeit did I start biting my knuckle.

pj

Reaction Score
This couple was telling us the story of how they paid $150 for tickets off the street to the AAC semis in Orlando and I didn't crack a smile even though we only paid $30 for 2. And we overpaid I know. It was only when they said the tickets turned out to be counterfeit did I start biting my knuckle.

The definition of an optimist is someone who makes counterfeit tickets to American conference events.

Sometimes optimism pays off!

Reaction Score
It's a good breakup for everyone involved.
We peaked early in hoops and were an embarassment for a few years. Football was a complete disaster and a black eye for the AAC. The best highlights were more baseball related than anything. Very good baseball conference.
Onward and upward. Homeward bound.
In one day we will have a perfect setup. Big East, Hockey East, independent football.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Let’s share our favorite American Conference moments.

I don’t have any.

We can lock the thread.
So friggen funny. True LOL.

Reaction Score
Our National Champonship!!!!

You crazy Fishy.
Although we were part of the AAC when we won the National Championship in 2014, I don’t consider that the real AAC. That season kind of felt like we were just playing extra non conference games. It was our first year out of the Big East, Louisville and Rutgers were still in our conference, so 8 of the 18 conference games were played vs teams from the old Big East, and Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU were not there yet.

Im not really sure how history will remember these last 7 years in the AAC. In some ways it feels like longer because there were a lot of things that happened on and off the court during that time. Once again, we are moving into a new place, but at least this time we have some old friends to greet us when we get there.

Reaction Score
Although we were part of the AAC when we won the National Championship in 2014, I don’t consider that the real AAC. That season kind of felt like we were just playing extra non conference games. It was our first year out of the Big East, Louisville and Rutgers were still in our conference, so 8 of the 18 conference games were played vs teams from the old Big East, and Tulsa, Tulane, and ECU were not there yet.

Im not really sure how history will remember these last 7 years in the AAC. In some ways it feels like longer because there were a lot of things that happened on and off the court during that time. Once again, we are moving into a new place, but at least this time we have some old friends to greet us when we get there.
Whether you "consider it" or not. It happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom