Our guy Hurley | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our guy Hurley

Reaction Score
This University is TOTAL Stop for what it has done to KO. He brought us a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP for Christ Sake!!!!! This guy Hurley won't get us back to the Sweet Sixteen, you watch. We'll be here 5 years from now watching the mediocrity in the Poor AAC, and WISHING we never screwed KO, and has a True Huskie at the helm.
Alcohol is a heck of a drug.

C

Chief00

KO screwed himself. Like the dude but that’s what happened and continues to happen. Even his chosen legal representation seems to be perpetuating the downward spiral. The dude just needs to cut the chord and get an NBA job.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
This University is TOTAL Stop for what it has done to KO. He brought us a NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP for Christ Sake!!!!! This guy Hurley won't get us back to the Sweet Sixteen, you watch. We'll be here 5 years from now watching the mediocrity in the Poor AAC, and WISHING we never screwed KO, and has a True Huskie at the helm.
LOL go away.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Joins in June, makes 4th post ever at 3:47am 10 weeks later, uses odd capitalization, misspells, breaks a Commandment, triggers the profanity filter. Is there nothing this poster can't do?
jACksOn?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
“My expectations are higher than those of the most delusional fan,” says Dan Hurley, the new men’s basketball coach.

They would have to be, since the most delusional "fan" appears to be @Rangers. Or was that lowest IQ "non fan" Ollie shill. I get them confused.

If Dan's expectations are higher than mine, we will be in good shape.

Reaction Score
The two coolest things that UConn basketball ever did was 1) run fast breaks after opponents' made baskets and 2) lead the nation in blocked shots. That's what UConn basketball was to me. Hope we can get back to being that kind of team.
. . . and pressure defense.

C

Chief00

“My expectations are higher than those of the most delusional fan,” says Dan Hurley, the new men’s basketball coach.

Love the way Coach Hurley is reaching out to the casual fans. Making them feel part of things.

Reaction Score
Everybody loved all the Ollieisms. Taking the stairs....etc. It's nice Hurley has nice sound bites.

Stuff I'm looking for is, do we guard the tree point line, do we outlet rebounds to start the break, do we create turnovers.

I'm more at - 'just play somewhat competent basketball.' First thing's first.

But on a non silly note, he's hitting all the right notes and it feels like there's an adult in the room. Kids have really bought in which I was honestly skeptical of. Everything feels very much 'on track.'That's all we can ask right now, really. I'm much more optimistic than pessimistic.

Reaction Score
Joins in June, makes 4th post ever at 3:47am 10 weeks later, uses odd capitalization, misspells, breaks a Commandment, triggers the profanity filter. Is there nothing this poster can't do?
Hey now - there are people at the highest levels of government with similar traits.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Hey now - there are people at the highest levels of government with similar traits.
My last few posts to the place where such comments are allowed and welcome were deleted, I think because they hurt somebody's feelings

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Tough to play a team that hounds every dribble, pass and shot. You wear out opponents by making their best players work hard on offense and defense. Putting a body and boxing out on every play takes a toll on opponents.
Hurley seems to get that and wants as a minimum to make teams wear out their ice baths after playing UConn.
Couple that with an offense and this could be fun to watch.

Brings to mind Nolan Richardson's "40 minutes of Hell" style of man full court pressure and force the break, even when you don't have an advantage. It was either 95/96 or 96/97, in the NIT. Richardson was asked how he intended to deal with the Huskies' trapping press and uptempo style. He said something to the effect that his guys would wear our guys out in the first half, and stifle them in the 2nd, and we didn't have enough capable bodies to deal with them for 40 minutes. I remember his closing the interview with something along the lines of, "They haven't seen real pressure till they've seen 40 minutes of Hell." Pretty sure we beat them by double digits. I swear a couple of his starters fouled out on purpose in the 2nd half, just to get to the bench.

Reaction Score
Hurley has never dealt with the kind of expectations that he's going to have here, but that said I do agree that he seems ready for it and capable of both coaching on the court and building the program through recruiting. I'm hopeful.

Hurley has Diaco level confidence but seems to actually know what's going on. He's not a slogan guy and he doesn't mince words. I do wonder how Ollie's guys are adjusting to him because he's the polar opposite of the guy who brought them in. But more and more I'm sure he was the right hire at the right time.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Hurley has Diaco level confidence but seems to actually know what's going on. He's not a slogan guy and he doesn't mince words. I do wonder how Ollie's guys are adjusting to him because he's the polar opposite of the guy who brought them in. But more and more I'm sure he was the right hire at the right time.

Unlike Diaco, he's already proven his metal as the head man at other institutions/levels.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom