Our Friends from Upstate New York | The Boneyard

Our Friends from Upstate New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
A little Schadenfreude never hurt anybody..

4C1o6Vy.png

Irr8pEm.png

Reaction Score
They are acting he same way we would if we had missed the tourney two years in a row. Sad thing for them is they will suck next year too.

Reaction Score
Sad thing for them is they will suck next year too.
This year sucked for sure. If a couple chips fall our way, we should be significantly better next year. Lot of question marks though and you don't know who's going to be on the roster for at least another month or two.

Reaction Score
In my dream, UConn men go off on another run, win their 5th NCAA title, get to have another dual title basketball parade in Hartford in April followed by a May announcement that UConn is joining the XII or B1G. In that dream, I am going to create about dozen alias and troll the Syracuse fan board , beer in hand, watching it all burn down.

Reaction Score
This year sucked for sure. If a couple chips fall our way, we should be significantly better next year. Lot of question marks though and you don't know who's going to be on the roster for at least another month or two.
Yeah unless something crazy happens with Lydon or Richardson you guys should be good next year. Must be nice to get a cake punishment from the NCAA that didn't impact this year's recruiting class at all.

caw

Reaction Score
Nah. You guys are gonna blow.

Lose two starting fifth year senior guards. Bring in two 4-5 star players and Chukwu. It will be interesting to see if Richardson or someone else leaves. They actually weren't that different from UConn this year, but actually a bit luckier. Their challenge is 2018, when their coach in waiting takes over.

Reaction Score
Lose two starting fifth year senior guards. Bring in two 4-5 star players and Chukwu. It will be interesting to see if Richardson or someone else leaves. They actually weren't that different from UConn this year, but actually a bit luckier. Their challenge is 2018, when their coach in waiting takes over.
They really have no No. 1 option or reliable playmaker. Howard just makes up the numbers, and Richardson is more of a "Plan B" type player. Without Gbinije, they're meat.

As for Chukwu, if they have to play him more than 5 minutes a game they're in trouble.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Who are these people you all are talking about?

Reaction Score
Yeah unless something crazy happens with Lydon or Richardson you guys should be good next year. Must be nice to get a cake punishment from the NCAA that didn't impact this year's recruiting class at all.
The scholarship reduction have definitely hurt but yeah I get your point, selectively banning last season was a big advantage.

Reaction Score
Losing Gbinije is my only concern. He's the best playmaker on this year's squad. Not going to miss Cooney much. He was recruited as one of the best shooters in the nation and as one-dimensional as it gets at the college level, he's only a 33% career shooter from the arc.

Reaction Score
Losing Gbinije is my only concern. He's the best playmaker on this year's squad. Not going to miss Cooney much. He was recruited as one of the best shooters in the nation and as one-dimensional as it gets at the college level, he's only a 33% career shooter from the arc.
Wow a Cuse fan that actually wants to talk basketball and not bash UConn, I'm impressed. Stick around, it's fun talking with fans of other teams without all the name calling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom