Our Friends from Upstate New York | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Friends from Upstate New York

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Wow a Cuse fan that actually wants to talk basketball and not bash UConn, I'm impressed. Stick around, it's fun talking with fans of other teams without all the name calling.

Yep.

Now it remains to be seen if the folks here can act like normal human beings and not internet wing nuts.

caw

Reaction Score
Losing Gbinije is my only concern. He's the best playmaker on this year's squad. Not going to miss Cooney much. He was recruited as one of the best shooters in the nation and as one-dimensional as it gets at the college level, he's only a 33% career shooter from the arc.

I'm not a huge fan of Cooney, though he does play well at the top of the zone. The main issue is he has eaten so many minutes this year, it's really hard to tell how his replacements will do.

What's the depth chart?
Battle, Howard
Richardson, Howard
Moyer, Lydon
Roberson, Lydon
Coleman, Chukwu

Deep bench: Joseph

That's solid but not outstanding. Do you see Joseph transferring? Richardson wading into NBA waters?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The NIT is a great tournament - they'll be okay.
No doubt. They are a plucky, gritty bunch of kids.

Reaction Score
If you listen to Lunardi after the game, he says he's putting the Huskies in as one of last four. However, he also says that there are a lot of games left to play this weekend and that things could change. So nothing is certain in such a fluid situation. We have to route against upsets occurring which allow current non-qualifiers to win conference tournaments and be added to the field. For good measure, we need to win our next game too. With our mojo now though, a win against Temple Saturday not only seems entirely possible, but like it's something we're destined to do. Go Huskies!

C

Chief00

They really have no No. 1 option or reliable playmaker. Howard just makes up the numbers, and Richardson is more of a "Plan B" type player. Without Gbinije, they're meat.

As for Chukwu, if they have to play him more than 5 minutes a game they're in trouble.
Big men take a while to develop - even with Clyde.

Reaction Score
They really have no No. 1 option or reliable playmaker. Howard just makes up the numbers, and Richardson is more of a "Plan B" type player. Without Gbinije, they're meat.

As for Chukwu, if they have to play him more than 5 minutes a game they're in trouble.
Lydon will most likely be the best player on their team next year. He's real good.

Reaction Score
The scholarship reduction have definitely hurt but yeah I get your point, selectively banning last season was a big advantage.
Do you guys have any restrictions on how you can recruit as well, or is it just the scholarship losses? I think restricting how much our coaches could recruit had a much bigger negative impact on us than the loss of scholarships.

I do have to say, I die laughing everytime I read your board and everyone thinks the NCAA has it out for your program and you were punished far too harshly. You were punished less for cheating than we were for having some guys transfer with a GPA below 2.6.

Reaction Score
The best post was a cuse fan hoping there would be no live cameras watching the team not get in the tourney. I would love to see JB's face when the field is set and their's no cuse on the list.

Reaction Score
Wow a Cuse fan that actually wants to talk basketball and not bash UConn, I'm impressed. Stick around, it's fun talking with fans of other teams without all the name calling.
Agree I like when opposing fans visit our board but every team and board has it's fair share of people who just want to scream .

Reaction Score
Do you guys have any restrictions on how you can recruit as well, or is it just the scholarship losses? I think restricting how much our coaches could recruit had a much bigger negative impact on us than the loss of scholarships.

I do have to say, I die laughing everytime I read your board and everyone thinks the NCAA has it out for your program and you were punished far too harshly. You were punished less for cheating than we were for having some guys transfer with a GPA below 2.6.
From 6/1/2015 to 5/31/2017, SU can only have 2 coaches on the road recruiting vs. the allowed 4. This hurts as it is 50% less in house visits, workouts/games attended, talks with HS/AAU coaches, general visibility at big events.

The scholarship reduction stings but isn't lethal. Those are scholarships that usually go to walk-ons, which is why a lot of people criticize this as a punishment from the NCAA, and not just w.r.t. SU (taking schollies away from SU/UConn/SMU/PSU football etc. really harm the incoming kids who probably weren't at the program during the violations, see Jay Bilas talk about this).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I didn't know the Southern Canadien Conference Tournament was this week. You'd think they would wait until the thaw or at least daylight savings time.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Really don't care to see Cuse fans on this board
I like to get on their board a few times a week and read all the moaning and groaning - let's keep it that way
I know that we have contributors (myself included) who spew hate at other programs like Puke, Kensucky, Loserville, and yes, Cuse
Yet the hate on that board towards UConn is at times ridiculous but I find it amusing
After the Cinci win yesterday I didn't go on the Boneyard but went to Cuse board - it was comical release at the highest degree

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
A little Schadenfreude never hurt anybody..
Irr8pEm.png

Ahhhhhh. I can feel it in my plums.

Reaction Score
Lydon will most likely be the best player on their team next year. He's real good.
He is, but it's difficult moving from the 4th option to the first, especially when you can't get your own shot. That's made appreciably harder given that the one guy who excelled at getting looks for others is graduating.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
For good measure, we need to win our next game too. With our mojo now though, a win against Temple Saturday not only seems entirely possible, but like it's something we're destined to do. Go Huskies!

doomed

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Now it remains to be seen if the folks here can act like normal human beings and not internet wing nuts.

In your heart of cold-dead-hearts, I think you already know the answer to that.

Reaction Score
They were rooting for us today. A Temple win probably would have knocked them out.

Of course they were.

We won when they didn't all those years in the BE and we're still doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom