Our Best Transfer Ever? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Our Best Transfer Ever?

Reaction Score
Chuck Aleksinas
I was just reading about Chuck and posted in another thread. He transferred from Kentucky during his sophomore year but I couldn't find out why. I know he is from Litchfield.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I was just reading about Chuck and posted in another thread. He transferred from Kentucky during his sophomore year but I couldn't find out why. I know he is from Litchfield.
Chuck barely played as a freshman at KY. Much heavier usage as a soph, but his last couple games, he was down to single digit minutes again, and he left mid-season. KY was known as a "physical" team back then. Physical in this case being a euphemism for dirty.

It was a lot harder to follow a CT kid playing outside the state back then, but I remember being enthused about a fairly high scoring game he had in a KY loss his sophomore year, and then reading a Joe Hall quote along the lines of he "recruited him for 8 or 10 rebounds and 5 fouls a night, not 20 points and 2 rebounds.."

He had a passable two years at UConn, but considering how he distanced himself from the school after his career was over, he shouldn't get any consideration in this thread.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Chuck barely played as a freshman at KY. Much heavier usage as a soph, but his last couple games, he was down to single digit minutes again, and he left mid-season. KY was known as a "physical" team back then. Physical in this case being a euphemism for dirty.

It was a lot harder to follow a CT kid playing outside the state back then, but I remember being enthused about a fairly high scoring game he had in a KY loss his sophomore year, and then reading a Joe Hall quote along the lines of he "recruited him for 8 or 10 rebounds and 5 fouls a night, not 20 points and 2 rebounds.."
Chuck was quoted back then as being disappointed that Hall wasn't designing the offense to go though him. Chuck never got dirty, he just hung outside looking for jumpers. Shots better taken by Corny. After he graduated he said he was saving his knees for the NBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom