Our Best Transfer Ever? | The Boneyard

Our Best Transfer Ever?

Reaction Score
In another thread @Kitaman raised the notion of Tyrese Martin being among the best transfers we have had. We have certainly had some good ones. Kromah was an important part of the 2O14 NC and Shonn Miller was quite good as well. Purvis was a transfer...there have been quite a few.

Anyway, who do you think has been our best transfer? Thanks in advance

Reaction Score
Hard to think UConn wins the national championship without Kromah’s defensive presence and versatility. Miller is an obvious one but Sterling Gibbs was also a bright spot on that 15-16 team as well

Reaction Score
Shonn Miller or Rodney.

Shonn- best transfer. Worst timing. Beginning of the downfall. Imagine him on this team...

Rodney-lead the program through the dark ages. A true legit #2 scorer that was forced to be a #1. Never quite lived up to Ferrari expectations but when hot was lethal.

Both were dogs. Wish we could have had 4 years of Shonn Miller though.

Reaction Score
Didn't we just do this last month?

Yup, we did.

Reaction Score
Chuck Aleksinas
Chuck was a great tough insise player for us and he was one of the first players I remember watching with Karl Hobbs, Mike Mckay, Vern Giscombe and Corny. Jimmy Foster and EJ Harrison should be near the top too. Shonn obviously should be at tbe top with Johnnie Selvie ofcourse lol.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Chuck was a great tough insise player for us and he was one of the first players I remember watching with Karl Hobbs, Mike Mckay, Vern Giscombe and Corny. Jimmy Foster and EJ Harrison should be near the top too. Shonn obviously should be at tbe top with Johnnie Selvie ofcourse lol.
Norm Bailey, although not a transfer, was part of those early 80’s teams with Chuck and Corny and fun to watch. I remember Foster but did not remember that he transferred from Becker until I googled. Was that a D3 school back then?

Reaction Score
sterling and shonn were key during the KO era. i don’t think we would’ve ranked preseason top 25 and made the tournament w/o them

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Hard to think UConn wins the national championship without Kromah’s defensive presence and versatility
Kromah scored the final points of the NAT'L CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.
Shonn- best transfer. Worst timing. Beginning of the downfall. Imagine him on this team...
He'd have trouble finding minutes.
Rodney-lead the program through the dark ages. A true legit #2 scorer that was forced to be a #1. Never quite lived up to Ferrari expectations but when hot was lethal.
Other than that first season, no-one from the KO era can qualify as best ever at anything.
Johnnie Selvie transferred from a juco
And if Johnnytime would have passed the ball more than three times in his career here, he might edge out Tyrese. But he didn't. Pretty sure that Martin has more asissts right now than Johnny's career total.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Another vote for Kromah. Just a great glue guy who contributed to a title.

His pedestrian stats don't tell the story IMO.

Reaction Score
Covington “Cupp” Cormier.....just cuz he had a great name. RIP Cupp

Reaction Score
Covington “Cupp” Cormier.....just cuz he had a great name. RIP Cupp
I didn't realize that Cormier passed away in 2018 but others on the board were aware. Obviously he was not the greatest transfer but I remember his quickness on the court,

Here is what Calhoun had to say about Cormier when he transferred out.

"I think athletically he is more talented than [Ollie]," Calhoun said. "Kevin is a better basketball player in the fact he's able to think more. But Cupp probably is one of the two or three greatest athletes I've ever had. We only saw flashes of his athletic ability. After Scott [Burrell], Cupp was the best athlete on the team. He can run, jump, has some strength, he's quick as a cat, and he's got quick hands."

I read that he was good at snowboarding as well.
Covington wasn’t only just good at basketball. In his life he navigated black diamonds and some of the hardest slopes around, totally by accident! From Colorado, Canada, Japan, and even to the Swiss Alps, he knew how to manage a snowboard.

Reaction Score
Norm Bailey, although not a transfer, was part of those early 80’s teams with Chuck and Corny and fun to watch. I remember Foster but did not remember that he transferred from Becker until I googled. Was that a D3 school back then?
JC

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom