Our Albatross | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Our Albatross

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Do you remember all the posters calling for JC's head his last few years? The game had past him by, etc etc. There's a very, very slim line between average and greatness.

I doubt any coach in the country, sans K or Cal, was going to come in and be gangbusters off the spot. Definitely no coach who would have actually taken the job. Without patience you'll never get where you want to go. Yes, I understand you don't want to sink a program, but if all UCONN has to offer is a 'name', then without JC, they are sunk no matter what they do. Especially in today's climate.
Same dudes we have now. I remember my son having a tantrum. Fortunately he grew out of it. It's funny how so few people who get angry at players unable to stay poised lack that same ability.

Reaction Score
As Mau said at the start of this last week
STHU
you and Uconngb are broken records
the fact that KF didn't touch the ball in the 2nd half, the fact that AB couldn't play 10 minutes, the fact that UConn was playing 6 men vs 11 men (who were bigger, stronger and less tired), the fact that VJ faced special attention in the second half and really didn't know how to react - none of these things came into play
ITS RP and ONLY RP
Got it

C'mon gtcam, he's selects every game whom he would like to hammer on based on his weeks previous comments. So he wouldn't dare throw AB, who is heading to the NBA in the "to blame" list would he now?

Joke

Reaction Score
They gave up 45 points in 16 minutes to close the game.

Thats the story.

I think you're missing it.

and it wasn't fast break points either from UConn boneheaded plays or misses.
Turnovers and stupid shots lead to extra possessions for the opposition. Rodney alone contributed to 5 extra possessions for Gtown at a crucial point in the game and they took advantage. I think YOU are missing THAT.

Reaction Score
The teams shooting will always be the albatross. Multiple times they had great ball movement which led to a missed wide open shot.

Reaction Score
Turnovers and stupid shots lead to extra possessions for the opposition. Rodney alone contributed to 5 extra possessions for Gtown at a crucial point in the game and they took advantage. I think YOU are missing THAT.

9 turnovers.

I'll say it again: 45 points!

Reaction Score
9 turnovers.

I'll say it again: 45 points!
You're not really that stupid, are you?? Bad shots and offensive fouls are the same as turnovers. They both result in the other team getting the ball.

Reaction Score
You're not really that stupid, are you?? Bad shots and offensive fouls are the same as turnovers. They both result in the other team getting the ball.

How old are you anyway?

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Like I said after game 1 before injuries, this team won't break 1o games in the win column. Let's see what attendance is like at the last home game when the team in 9 or 10 and 20 losses. If they don't land Diallo, this team will more than likely finish the season 10-20, maybe eek out 11 wins. Sad really, so much potential.. I like KO too but tick toc... clock has started..
Well, you're wrong. We will win 5 of the next 7 at minimum. Look at our schedule. So that's 12 wins right there. I would be willing to bet that we will have a winning record at the end of the season.

Reaction Score
Really?

Yeah, usually adults don't discuss things by throwing insults. You sound like you're maybe 12, or 14 if Im generous

Point is, they gave up 45 points in 2nd half. And low turnovers, and no fast break points. If you think someone is being stupid by saying that means poor defense, then I'm imagining you are not very old.

Reaction Score
Yeah, usually adults don't discuss things by throwing insults. You sound like you're maybe 12, or 14 if Im generous

Point is, they gave up 45 points in 2nd half. And low turnovers, and no fast break points. If you think someone is being stupid by saying that means poor defense, then I'm imagining you are not very old.
You really make me laugh. And you STILL don't realize that stupid shots are the exact same thing as a turnover........THE OTHER TEAM GETS THE BALL!!!!!

But you really put me in my place with your tough words about my age.....well done bro.

Reaction Score
You really make me laugh. And you STILL don't realize that stupid shots are the exact same thing as a turnover...THE OTHER TEAM GETS THE BALL!!!!!

But you really put me in my place with your tough words about my age.....well done bro.

Wow, so you're saying you're older than 14? OK, then, I have to revise my thoughts. I was wrong. You are not 14.

Reaction Score
I thought the game was great, very well fought. Adams played well, Vance was impressive again inside/outside, he's going to be good. Getting better each game. Enoch played better, everybody else was fairly solid. Purvis is always the one out on the break and he plays 40 minutes. Good team effort all around. We were up 14, Gtown had a good run, they're a good team, big and rangy and everybody can shoot. The guards they have; Pryor is a GS coming off a championship team. He's real good.

Brimah was plagued; not a factor tonight but he's been playing great doing what he does. This game could have went either way. We are shorthanded and on that last Adams 3 he did not have the ooomph in his legs. That's why it fell short and rimmed.

All this negativity about KO and his staff and the team is weak. We are down at least 2 of the most important players and the depth that goes with them and that's a tough thing.

Maybe it's as simple as some of you grown men like to spend your life bitching about things. Not a good quality.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Well, you're wrong. We will win 5 of the next 7 at minimum. Look at our schedule. So that's 12 wins right there. I would be willing to bet that we will have a winning record at the end of the season.
Dude take off the rose color glasses, I'm a die hard like you but this team isn't winning 12 games

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Ok, I looked over the schedule, I'll give ya 12.. they'll finish regular season 12-19

Reaction Score
Yeah, I needed to amend my post from above. The other guard from Gtown, L.J. Peak, he was very good also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom