Our Albatross | The Boneyard

Our Albatross

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Well today's loss was expected from pretty much all of us and this is the sad state we are in where for the first time in 25 years we are going into games expecting to lose. It is becoming clearer year by year that our achilles heel or albatross, the one player most responsible for our horrible display for 3 years running has been Rodney Purvis. This was the single biggest recruiting whiff by Ollie that is sad to say as Rodney is a good guy and good ambassador off the court for us.

Kevin Ollie should be thanking Jim Calhoun and Shabazz Napier for that title as his coaching deficiencies whether it be substitution patterns, passe attitude, recruiting whiffs has put us in a bad position moving forward. I have a hard time seeing this time get to 10 wins for the season as I think Ollie has lost this team. Kevin Ollie also should be thankful to have Brimah whose 3-point play against St. Joes was instrumental in helping us get title #4. This season is pretty much over unless HAMI commits, and we should use this opportunity to promote Brimah and audition him for the NBA like Memphis is doing with Dedric Lawson.

2017-2018 season is judgement day for Ollie, the program, and our conference affiliation moving forward. No questions about it. I am not a fan of the Killings hire. He looks to have Ollies ear and since he got here its been one thing after another with this team now looking like they don't even know how to play basketball. The level of ineptitude and lack of discipline and lack of toughness we are seeing out there is concerning to any rational UCONN fan.

Reaction Score
STHU really please stop.

Do you need a constant reminder KO can thank JC for his NC but exactly how good were the players he inherited? The best every one of them played was under Kevin Ollie. They grew with Kevin Ollie as a coach. They played through a season which meant nothing and had us all clapping in joy winning #20 at Providence showing some the most heart any UConn team has shown. Then they all matured as players, smart player mind you of what we are missing as we speak, and they won a National Title. Until you figure this out your posts continue to be a mish mash of inconsistent BS.

I am sure Chief will let KO know you're not a fan of the Killings hire, because we know you're at practice every day so why would you be?Head bang

Reaction Score
Honestly I'm not convinced next year will be the year that change will be needed, or at least fairly considered. I mean I'm not down on the program in any way, but people are calling for ollies head. Please stop

Next year were essentially going to have a freshman Alterique, won't have played in a game for close to a year. Larrier too. Their gonna have to reacclimate themselves. Losing Rodney, Amida, and Kentan. There's gonna be a lot of new, moving parts, so if the team disappoints again next year I'm not gonna point the finger at Ollie. I love Ollie. I think he's the best coach for these kids and this type of situation. Love UCONN in general.

Reaction Score
I never, ever want to see Purvis take a layup. How is it statistically possible for someone to be so bad that close around the rim?

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
its_magic.jpg

Reaction Score
Honestly I'm not convinced next year will be the year that change will be needed, or at least fairly considered. I mean I'm not down on the program in any way, but people are calling for ollies head. Please stop

Next year were essentially going to have a freshman Alterique, won't have played in a game for close to a year. Larrier too. Their gonna have to reacclimate themselves. Losing Rodney, Amida, and Kentan. There's gonna be a lot of new, moving parts, so if the team disappoints again next year I'm not gonna point the finger at Ollie. I love Ollie. I think he's the best coach for these kids and this type of situation. Love UCONN in general.

I wouldn't fire KO after a disappointing year next year, but he'd have to sew oven mitts onto his pants with how hot his seat will be.

Next year (2017-18) we should see a talented young team that comes together throughout the year and emerges with an AAC title, a protected seed, and a Sweet 16 or better.

2018-19 there is no excuse not to be Top 10 wire to wire and a legit Final Four contender.

I fully expect the development of this team over the next 2 years to resemble periods like 2003 to 2004, 2008 to 2009. To expect less is a disservice to ourselves and this program.

If KO can't get the program to that level in 2 years, it's time to reevaluate.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Well today's loss was expected from pretty much all of us and this is the sad state we are in where for the first time in 25 years we are going into games expecting to lose. It is becoming clearer year by year that our achilles heel or albatross, the one player most responsible for our horrible display for 3 years running has been Rodney Purvis. This was the single biggest recruiting whiff by Ollie that is sad to say as Rodney is a good guy and good ambassador off the court for us.

Kevin Ollie should be thanking Jim Calhoun and Shabazz Napier for that title as his coaching deficiencies whether it be substitution patterns, passe attitude, recruiting whiffs has put us in a bad position moving forward. I have a hard time seeing this time get to 10 wins for the season as I think Ollie has lost this team. Kevin Ollie also should be thankful to have Brimah whose 3-point play against St. Joes was instrumental in helping us get title #4. This season is pretty much over unless HAMI commits, and we should use this opportunity to promote Brimah and audition him for the NBA like Memphis is doing with Dedric Lawson.

2017-2018 season is judgement day for Ollie, the program, and our conference affiliation moving forward. No questions about it. I am not a fan of the Killings hire. He looks to have Ollies ear and since he got here its been one thing after another with this team now looking like they don't even know how to play basketball. The level of ineptitude and lack of discipline and lack of toughness we are seeing out there is concerning to any rational UCONN fan.

WOW
I can't even begin to reply to this
Did you know JC and Karl Hobbs recommended RP to KO?? Did you know Hobbs tried to get RP to come to UConn??
Killings has been with the team for a few months and now the season is on his back too? Do you know what he does, hired to do and what his strengths are?
Yes AB made a big play vs St Joes but others made big plays in other games on the march to win the NC and without some of those efforts #4 would not have happened
Ollie lost this team? yep, the injuries had zero to do with it
Your gibberish is ridiculous BS

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
WOW
I can't even begin to reply to this
Did you know JC and Karl Hobbs recommended RP to KO?? Did you know Hobbs tried to get RP to come to UConn??
Killings has been with the team for a few months and now the season is on his back too? Do you know what he does, hired to do and what his strengths are?
Yes AB made a big play vs St Joes but others made big plays in other games on the march to win the NC and without some of those efforts #4 would not have happened
Ollie lost this team? yep, the injuries had zero to do with it
Your gibberish is ridiculous BS

It's Magic, dude. Every post is wack.

Reaction Score

If the team is bad again you won't point the finger at Ollie? At some point you run out of excuses, it's time to put together a good regular season.

Reaction Score
I never, ever want to see Purvis take a layup. How is it statistically possible for someone to be so bad that close around the rim?
Be patient your request will be granted. I enjoy his layups, they are really adventurous and comical.

See . . . . turning a negative into a positive. :cool:

H

huskymagic

Already the apologists are coming out with next years excuses of why the team will be bad. The epitomy of irony and the continued justification of ineptitude being shown by UCONN men's basketball. These are the same brilliant minds that will lead to our demise. I'm not calling for anyone's head, but expressing my strong opinion on where we stand in all aspects. This is embarrassing for this great program to be punked on a weekly basis.

Reaction Score
If the team is bad again you won't point the finger at Ollie? At some point you run out of excuses, it's time to put together a good regular season.
I'm pretty far from an Ollie apologist, but there are legitimate reasons for why they've underachieved the past three seasons. Tons of turnover after the title, too many new faces the year after, and obviously the injuries this year.

Next year will be the first time since 2013-14 that UConn will have continuity on its roster. While I'm not expecting a deep run, there needs to be legitimate signs of progress in both player and team development.

And if there isn't? Well then I think the excuses have pretty much run out.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
Like I said after game 1 before injuries, this team won't break 1o games in the win column. Let's see what attendance is like at the last home game when the team in 9 or 10 and 20 losses. If they don't land Diallo, this team will more than likely finish the season 10-20, maybe eek out 11 wins. Sad really, so much potential.. I like KO too but tick toc... clock has started..

Reaction Score
Like I said after game 1 before injuries, this team won't break 1o games in the win column. Let's see what attendance is like at the last home game when the team in 9 or 10 and 20 losses. If they don't land Diallo, this team will more than likely finish the season 10-20, maybe eek out 11 wins. Sad really, so much potential.. I like KO too but tick toc... clock has started..

If they happen to land Diallo how will that change it, pure moral you thinking? He's not playing anywhere he goes this year Dr Lecter.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how anyone could watch the past 2 1/2 seasons and be optimistic for next season. We will have plenty of talent on paper, but the team will still have an extremely low basketball IQ from the coaching staff down. This is an absolute train wreck that many of you refuse to see.

Reaction Score
I have no idea how anyone could watch the past 2 1/2 seasons and be optimistic for next season. We will have plenty of talent on paper, but the team will still have an extremely low basketball IQ from the coaching staff down. This is an absolute train wreck that many of you refuse to see.

Jesus dude relax. There's a 100% chance this team will be more fluid next year without RP and AB. They're both the main issue for any sloppy play that occurs. When have you ever seen 2 such inconsistent and low BBIQ seniors in such prominent roles?

Reaction Score
Whoever is blaming Ollie for this is lost.....the only thing he struck out was not getting Taurean Thompson or Justin Jackson late in recruiting.

Do you watch the games?

Adams and Purvis play all game.

Nobody can shoot or score besides them.

The big men are inept.

Could Ollie be a better offensive coach Yes, but defense wins championships and he is one of the best defensive coaches in the nation.

Wake up!!

No talent on this roster right now.

Adams & Purvis and the rest of the players are too young or Brimah and Facey who have ZERO offensive ability.

John Wooden couldn't coach this roster to an NCAA bid.

Wake up guys!

Reaction Score
Whoever is blaming Ollie for this is lost.....the only thing he struck out was not getting Taurean Thompson or Justin Jackson late in recruiting.

Do you watch the games?

The big men are inept.

Could Ollie be a better offensive coach Yes, but defense wins championships and he is one of the best defensive coaches in the nation.

Wake up!!

Adams & Purvis and the rest of the players are too young or Brimah and Facey who have ZERO offensive ability.

Wake up guys!
Yeah. It's isn't like Ollie recruited these guys...oh wait...

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
If they happen to land Diallo how will that change it, pure moral you thinking? He's not playing anywhere he goes this year Dr Lecter.
It will change by the simple fact he's better than just about any starter we have. That's how...

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score

Do you watch the games?

The big men are inept.

Wake up!!

Wake up guys!
Yeah defense does win championships, but you can't win if you can't score no matter how well you play defense.

Reaction Score
Yeah. It's isn't like Ollie recruited these guys...oh wait...

He also recruited 3 other guys who are out for the season, two of whom were supposed to play major minutes on the perimeter. Without them, Adams and Purvis have to go close to 40 every game and Vance and Vital - who would be promising as 10 minute a game freshman subs, as they were supposed to be - have to cover the other 40.

The only people who have difficulty understanding this are those who do not want to understand it.

Reaction Score
He also recruited 3 other guys who are out for the season, two of whom were supposed to play major minutes on the perimeter. Without them, Adams and Purvis have to go close to 40 every game and Vance and Vital - who would be promising as 10 minute a game freshman subs, as they were supposed to be - have to cover the other 40.

The only people who have difficulty understanding this are those who do not want to understand it.

Bingo-rama;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog