OU May Stay In Big 12, Outlines Demands | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OU May Stay In Big 12, Outlines Demands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
noey, I'm not sure I agree...I think the Pac 16 could give them cover...turn the Longhorn network into one of its regional nets. Texas doesn't need the B-12.

Reaction Score
They don't need em, but why would you agree to share revenue with new schools, when you are refusing to share it what old partners?

Again texas could afford to go independent did they really wanted to, but they are finding out they aren't walking into any other conference and dictating terms.

Reaction Score
They don't need em, but why would you agree to share revenue with new schools, when you are refusing to share it what old partners?

Because these new partners can actually bring in significantly greater revenue than your old partners. USC, UCLA, Oregon, and the balance of the P12 all bring something to the table. The bulk of the B12, save OU and maybe OSU and Mizzou really don't.

Reaction Score
Because these new partners can actually bring in significantly greater revenue than your old partners. USC, UCLA, Oregon, and the balance of the P12 all bring something to the table. The bulk of the B12, save OU and maybe OSU and Mizzou really don't.
Again, they're going split revenue with schools who haven't been long time partners, like Oregon State, Utah, and Washington State, because they don't think Iowa State, Baylor and Kansas State are worthy?

They'd destroy their current partners, and how MUCH more are they going to make in the Pac 12?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I agree, UT is acting like ND and no conference is going to put up with it. The PAC brings them nothing but lots of west coast games with bad tv ratings. They can go independent or stay in the Big 12. I think OU regents realized all this and are calling the bluff. Nobody in Austin wants to see ucla, Oregon St, etc. Only USC would be real draw.

The smart move for UT and OU is to stay together and poach the Arizona schools, and reform the southwest conference. Colorado might even come back if they did and A&M could be enticed to stay.

Reaction Score
Good grief. Potential nightmare scenario. Big XII has nothing to do with Big East.

Next question for Big East football schools -- do you leave the Catholics to go back up to 8 or do you just replace Syracuse and Pitt with UCF and someone else and go back to where you were? And would the Catholics go for that? Remember -- we have two and a half years to come up with the replacements.

I will say this -- if our President isn't going tonight, she better either know where we're going already or have a prior commitment of substantial importance. Because with this story things just got a lot more complicated.

Why so worried? It looks like they're blowing smoke. Who in their right mind asks for an interim commissioner to be appointed so they can stay. That's like submitting your job resignation and telling your boss you'll actually stay if they fire themselves. Didn't Beebe just get a raise too? If I was Herbst I would send my admin there, send a message that it's option 3 for us to everyone, not just the Big East.

Reaction Score
This is the key line in the story and it applies to the BE and B12

“It's true there's some things in favor of the Pac-12. Plain stability. We don't want to have to do this every year. I don't want our successors having to deal with the drama.

This is the reason dancing w/the BE is a dance we should sit out. Add UCF, ECU, whomever and guess what, you still have the B12, B10 and ACC circling you like a shark. The drama will never end for the BE. Move on, sad as it may be to part with the only conference we have ever known.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
According to this OU's first demand is that revenue is shared evenly among members of the conference. Texas wasn't willing to do this when the B-12 began, there is no way they'll agree to that now. The second demand is that UT become a third party to the LHN. The P-12 has them sharing excess revenues. This is not a situation where it would be the same for UT in either conference.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...-staying-big-12-wants-reform-according-report

If anything, this forces UT's hand and may expedite their move to the P-12 (instead of allowing them to once again negotiate a favorable deal to stay, this time getting everything west of Topeka ceeded to the school in a land grant).

Reaction Score

Again texas could afford to go independent did they really wanted to, but they are finding out they aren't walking into any other conference and dictating terms.

Pretty lucrative market in LA, San Francisco, Phoenix, and they are leaving behind only KC/St. Louis, from an LHN perspective.

Reaction Score
Pretty lucrative market in LA, San Francisco, Phoenix, and they are leaving behind only KC/St. Louis, from an LHN perspective.
But how much more money are they going to reap than they were currently making in the Big 12? The fact that they continue to look at every conference on earth, leads me to believe that no one is letting them in and keeping all of their revenue from the LHN. If that is the case, is all this trouble really worth it? Lesser schools in the Big 12 could live with LHN arrangement, A&M told them duck no, I was shocked OU didn't say the same thing much earlier. OU and A&M hold weight.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
But how much more money are they going to reap than they were currently making in the Big 12? The fact that they continue to look at every conference on earth, leads me to believe that no one is letting them in and keeping all of their revenue from the LHN. If that is the case, is all this trouble really worth it? Lesser schools in the Big 12 could live with LHN arrangement, A&M told them duck no, I was shocked OU didn't say the same thing much earlier. OU and A&M hold weight.
I believe the thing with UT is that every time the threaten to leave they get a better deal from the lesser members of the B-12. I think they are expecting KU, KSU, Baylorn and ISU to offer the first 40 cents on every dollar of ticket sales if they stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom