Other Sat. games (2/9) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other Sat. games (2/9)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@triaddukefan , I can't keep track of how many teams you claim as your own! .

Well I had to shed a few teams ;)

I'll claim Duke.... and the three mid-majors that are in my county.... UNC-Greensboro, NC A&T, and HPU

And I have to say, I don't even recognize you anymore now that your avatar isn't wearing a bag over it's head.

It may be back..... :oops:

uconnbaseball

Hey there
Reaction Score
Rice won easily at Marshall to improve to 20-3. If Mulkey had been available prior to conference play, I bet they would have beaten one of UCLA or Texas A&M and would be ranked right now.

Reaction Score
Rice won easily at Marshall to improve to 20-3. If Mulkey had been available prior to conference play, I bet they would have beaten one of UCLA or Texas A&M and would be ranked right now.

I see a #9 seed in Waco or a #12 seed in Austin/College Station in their future.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I see a #9 seed in Waco or a #12 seed in Austin/College Station in their future.

I hate when the committee does that.. ... especially to a team that hasnt been to the NCAA's in awhile... or is their first time appearance. I get the whole saving money thing....... but reward the kids by giving chance to play out of region in their short NCAA appearance. They did that to Elon last year as a #13... sent them 30 minutes down the road to play in Raleigh.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
They did that to Elon last year as a #13... sent them 30 minutes down the road to play in Raleigh.
And was my son p.o.’d. He’s in the pep band and he and the rest of the band were hoping the team would be shipped to California

Reaction Score
I hate when the committee does that.. ... especially to a team that hasnt been to the NCAA's in awhile... or is their first time appearance. I get the whole saving money thing.. but reward the kids by giving chance to play out of region in their short NCAA appearance. They did that to Elon last year as a #13... sent them 30 minutes down the road to play in Raleigh.

1) Saves money. Last minute air tickets -- you're talking like 10k per team.
2) Allows more fans & family (+ band) of the team to see the game in person.
3) bc of #2, sells more tickets which not only increases revenue, but makes for a better TV environment

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wait, if you're highly seeded you want to play as close to home as possible but if you're in the teens you want to be shipped as far away as possible? How does that make any sense?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
#13 Gonzaga having no problems, up 22 midway thru Q4 @ Portland. Will be 2 games up in the loss column against BYU in conference standings and BYU still has to visit Spokane.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Texas Tech ended its 8-game losing streak with a 90-79 win over Oklahoma State. Bad loss for the Cowgirls...but the Lady Raiders, which led by just 1 point after 3 quarters, just outplayed them in the final stanza.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom