Other (non-UConn) games | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Other (non-UConn) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I have to say I agree with you. They are both very athletic and can guard a lot easier when pulled out of the paint. With the news of Morris not returning, I am sure Landrum will slide into the the PG position and Smith will slide into the 4 spot. Leaving a guard position open.
I thought the latest word was that Morris might be back next year if she stays out of trouble. Not the case?

Reaction Score
I thought the latest word was that Morris might be back next year if she stays out of trouble. Not the case?

Word on the street is that she got in more trouble and is not even enrolled at Baylor this semester. Don't know what happened, but she is in the transfer log now. So much talent that might be wasted because she can't stay on the straight and narrow. I hope she can get things back on track!

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
I would have laughed too, but the more I watch this team, the more confidence I have in them. This is a very different team from last year. We do not have one go to player like Tyler Scaife, so everyone knows they might need to be the one who has to step up and make a big play on offense. I think this has made them better at playing together and relying on each other. We also had a lot of injuries early in the season and now we are basically healthy, although I doubt KK Sanders, who was expected to be our starting point guard, will play this season (rehabbing from wrist surgery). We also didn't have CC Cryor, now our starting point guard, for the first 10 games of the season as she was suspended for breaking an unspecified team rule. Last night, she fouled out in the fourth quarter, which definitely contributed to helping Purdue come back. CC is our best ball handler and a very good defender despite only being 5'5". While I don't think we are a top ten team at this point, I think we deserve to be ranked. All of our losses were early in the season when we were short handed and just learning to play together as a team. We also have a deep bench. I think, if we stay healthy, we have a chance to be the B1G champions and a tough out for anyone in March.
Yep. We still need Calhoun to get back on track with her shooting, and we’ll be even more dangerous.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
In addition to tonight's two marquee games between ranked teams, I'm keeping my eye on some other games that could have tournament seeding implications.

I've noted in bold the teams projected to be in the NCAA tournament in Charlie's latest bracketology, with projected seeding in brackets.

(All times Eastern.)

ACC (all games at 7p on ACCN)
  • Virginia @ #4 Louisville [1]
  • #12 Syracuse [3] @ Pitt
  • Florida St [5] @ Boston College
  • Georgia Tech [12] @ Clemson [10]. Who'dathunk that these two would be on the bubble.
  • Miami [7] @ Duke. If Duke has any hope of building an at-large resume, it needs to start with a win here.
  • Wake Forest @ North Carolina

That FSU-BC might be more interesting than most think. I wont be shocked if the Eagles win.

Duke needs 10 wins in the ACC to get a NCAA bid I think..... that means going 10-3 the rest of the regular season. Need to go at least 3-1 in the next 4.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
WOW! Maryland is 1 for 9 with 4 turnovers...timeout Maryland, their second. Spartans up 20-4!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Maryland came alive to end the 1st but Spartans lead 25-15. Spartans 5 of 7 from THREE.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maryland came alive to end the 1st but Spartans lead 25-15. Spartans 5 of 7 from THREE.
MSU started off the quarter red hot, but Brianna Fraser was the spark that Maryland needed on offense. Terrapins finished the quarter on an 11-5 run.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Maryland is clawing their way back in the game. Getting the Notre Dame treatment on the whistles and also grabbing lots of O-boards (8 so far). But MSU doing enough to cling to a 9-point lead.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Michigan State almost blew their entire lead...but has a 37-34 lead at the half.

Maryland is going to end up taking this one. Michigan State made some awful mistakes that allowed the Terps to get back into the game.

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard and Taylor Murray will both not be available tonight vs LSU due to injuries

Plebe

Reaction Score
Michigan State almost blew their entire lead...but has a 37-34 lead at the half.

Maryland is going to end up taking this one. Michigan State made some awful mistakes that allowed the Terps to get back into the game.
But MSU has come out strong in 3Q, stretching the lead to 11.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Rhyne Howard and Taylor Murray will both not be available tonight vs LSU due to injuries
What's up with Howard?
And is Maci Morris back?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Boykin is off to the locker room for the second time this half Head bang I worry every time she hits the floor

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think somebody on Wake Forest must have said something about a UNC's mama or something :eek::eek::eek:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think somebody on Wake Forest must have said something about a UNC's mama or something :eek::eek::eek:
Good lord. 56-18 at the half. Wake has 15 turnovers and has given up 10 offensive rebounds.

Reaction Score
I was surprised to see how bad North Carolina was beating them. Last time I checked it was like 20-3.

Reaction Score
Good lord. 56-18 at the half. Wake has 15 turnovers and has given up 10 offensive rebounds.
That’s even worse of a beatdown then what ND was putting on them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom