Other (non-UConn) games | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Other (non-UConn) games

Reaction Score
BYU! They have a nice win over TCU, but a really bad loss against...Southern Utah. Also more respectable losses over Cal and Utah. This makes the WCC much more open. BYU leads it currently, but has had really close wins over Pacific and LMU.

Reaction Score
Tennessee not only loses for the 5th time to perennial SEC doormat Alabama but lost for the 4th straight game-first time since 1970...and us on the BY are so sad :rolleyes:
Guys, being shadenfreude all the time is not healthy. Would ignoring them be a more effective way of revenge?

Reaction Score
@DallasBUFan what is going on with DeCosta? Is there an injury?

She had broken a bone in her foot at the beginning of the year. Didn't come back until the Stanford game. So I think she is playing catch up. You can see when she plays right now, it's like she is just a beat too slow on defense and still figuring out the offense. I don't know how much we will see her this year. The injury has slowed down her freshmen learning curve.

Reaction Score
I really wish Westbrook had decided to stay home. I believe she wanted no parts of the Ionescu show, so Oregon State was the other. She, Pivec, and Slocum would have been a scary back court.
Maybe Evina could transfer to Oregon State?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The only thing positive about last night is that I finally got around to trying out some Hard Cider for the time.

@j66kicker not sure if you are a hard cider person.... but since you are planning on getting a bottle of Cheerwine shipped out..... maybe you can get another North Carolina Product shipped out as well :cool:

boldRock-products-ca-apple.png

Reaction Score
VolNation wanted Holly fired after the last loss. I assume they're in meltdown now. And VN is the "nice" Vol forum. I imagine the Summitt is full anarchy.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
The only thing positive about last night is that I finally got around to trying out some Hard Cider for the time.

@j66kicker not sure if you are a hard cider person.... but since you are planning on getting a bottle of Cheerwine shipped out..... maybe you can get another North Carolina Product shipped out as well :cool:
@j66kicker You don't need to get Cheerwine shipped out here to the Phoenix Valley. They sell bottles of it at PDQ, a chicken chain that has its roots in North Carolina. There are several of these stores in the Valley.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@j66kicker You don't need to get Cheerwine shipped out here to the Phoenix Valley. They sell bottles of it at PDQ, a chicken chain that has its roots in North Carolina. There are several of these stores in the Valley.

1) clicked on their page.. and now im hungry for 2 chicken sandwiches :oops:

2) I hate when franchises open stores in cities around you,.. but not in the city that you live in Head bangHead bang:mad::mad::mad::mad: Buffalo Wild Wings has 3 restaurants in the my metro..... but zero in the biggest city in the area (Greensboro) Head bang

3) Now im realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hungry

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You've got yourself so worked up, you might be hangry at this point. :rolleyes:

Looking at the menu.. the closest thing we have here is Zaxby's.... unless I want to drive 30 miles over to Winston-Salem for a chicken sandwich (i dont). I happen to have a coupon for Zaxbys... but unfornuately its one of those buy one meal get one meal free things... meaning I would have to devour two chicken sandwiches..... 2 orders of fries... and 2 soft drinks. I really dont feel like being a glutton today.... so I may wait til tomorrow :p:D:oops::(;):cool:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
1) clicked on their page.. and now im hungry for 2 chicken sandwiches :oops:

2) I hate when franchises open stores in cities around you,.. but not in the city that you live in Head bangHead bang:mad::mad::mad::mad: Buffalo Wild Wings has 3 restaurants in the my metro..... but zero in the biggest city in the area (Greensboro) Head bang

3) Now im realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly hungry
Their food is good! Their sauces are much better than any other chain; they mix them up fresh each day. And they sell Cheerwine to patrons outside its local footprint.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Their food is good! Their sauces are much better than any other chain; they mix them up fresh each day. And they sell Cheerwine to patrons outside its local footprint.

Hmmmmm....... maybe I'll stop by for a post victory meal after Duke goes to Winston Salem next month. The menu seems quite impressive. Zuchini Fries..... Pimento cheese Chicken Sandwiches...... Shakes :eek:

I can see the local newspaper now....... Duke fan passes out in restaurant after attempting to eat seven chicken sandwiches at one setting :eek:

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Hmmmmm.. maybe I'll stop by for a post victory meal after Duke goes to Winston Salem next month. The menu seems quite impressive. Zuchini Fries..... Pimento cheese Chicken Sandwiches. Shakes :eek:

I can see the local newspaper now.. Duke fan passes out in restaurant after attempting to eat seven chicken sandwiches at one setting :eek:
I love feel-good stories!

Reaction Score

boldRock-products-ca-apple.png

Just did a store locator on PDQ. Only "<25 miles" result is new store opening in Tempe Jan 20 - will be sure to check it out. Every now & then somebody brings over some hard cider and leaves it in my frig. I try one every few years, but always too sweet. But I'm game to give Bold Rock a chance. I'm pretty sure Cheerwine will be too sweet too, but I'll try anything twice.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just did a store locator on PDQ. Only "<25 miles" result is new store opening in Tempe Jan 20 - will be sure to check it out. Every now & then somebody brings over some hard cider and leaves it in my frig. I try one every few years, but always too sweet. But I'm game to give Bold Rock a chance. I'm pretty sure Cheerwine will be too sweet too, but I'll try anything twice.

Actually its not that sweet..... then again Ive never had hard cider before to know the various levels of sweetness found in ciders. I had the Carolina version.... they have one made from Virginia Apples... not sure if there is a difference.

They do have an IPA version I see

Ciders Archive - Bold Rock Hard Cider

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
they have one made from Virginia Apples

Wait, I thought all apples come from Washington. Okay, most of them anyway. Kinda like all potatoes come from Idaho.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought all apples come from Washington. Okay, most of them anyway. Kinda like all potatoes come from Idaho.

There are alot of apple orchards/growers here in NC..... so I looked it up one day and NC was among the top 10 apple producing states..... along with VA. Our two big regions are on the eastern side of the Blue Ridge Mountains... same with VA. Not sure it has to do with elevation or soil type or what. Is there a particular section of Washington where the apples orchards are?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
With apples you need a certain number of chill days in the winter, the number dependent on the variety of apple. We can't grow apples here in Scottsdale, AZ because there are not enough cold winter days, but we can grow peaches and citrus. When we were young we used to go to Rogers orchard in Southington and they had great apples. New England is good apple country, too, but most apples are consumed locally. Our favorites were macouns, which don't store or ship well, but taste delicious. The Pacific northwest has great weather for apples, and they supply apples to most of the country. The apples they ship usually have less flavor than the ones that are grown for immediate consumption. Local orchards are great!

Boy has this thread gone off the rails. Sorry about that!

Reaction Score
New England is good apple country, too, but most apples are consumed locally. Our favorites were macouns, which don't store or ship well, but taste delicious. The Pacific northwest has great weather for apples, and they supply apples to most of the country. The apples they ship usually have less flavor than the ones that are grown for immediate consumption. Local orchards are great!

I have never had a better apple than a CT Macoun - ever. We lived down the street from an orchard in Avon. They had a refrigerated shed where you go in and help yourself to a bag of any of 8-10 varieties, leave your $3.00 in the cigar box. The Macoun shelf had to be bigger ‘cause they were SOOOOOO good - just like candy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
With apples you need a certain number of chill days in the winter, the number dependent on the variety of apple. We can't grow apples here in Scottsdale, AZ because there are not enough cold winter days, but we can grow peaches and citrus. When we were young we used to go to Rogers orchard in Southington and they had great apples. New England is good apple country, too, but most apples are consumed locally. Our favorites were macouns, which don't store or ship well, but taste delicious. The Pacific northwest has great weather for apples, and they supply apples to most of the country. The apples they ship usually have less flavor than the ones that are grown for immediate consumption. Local orchards are great!

Actually its my fault for bringing up after loss cider drinking ... well actually its Coach McCallie's fault.

Im not a huge apple consumer...... usually just go to the store and get those packaged apple slices... no idea what state they come from...... but every year I take trips to the mountains... and usually pass right through or near apple regions. A couple of years ago I stopped by an Orchard... it was late november.... so apple picking season was over.... but I did managed to pick up a couple of dozen apple cider donuts... and a handful of fried apple pies. This past fall.... i stopped by an orchard... thinking i could just purchase maybe 10 apples..... and this particular one only sold them by the bushel. Walked out with probably 120 apples :eek::confused: I had no idea of the wide variety of different apples. Its mind bogging. Already planning a few more apple orchard visits later this year. This video got me started....

Reaction Score

Remember taking the kids to Rogers Orchard for sleigh rides at Christmastime. They would drip maple syrup in the snow where it would solidify and the kids could pick it up and eat it like candy. And the hot cider with a cinnamon stick - to die for.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Is there a particular section of Washington where the apples orchards are?

Central Washington, just east of the Cascades. Yakima, Wenatchee, Chelan, all along the Okanogan Valley heading northward. Hailey Van Lith's neck of the woods. Also further south near the Columbia River, east of Portland/Vancouver. That's where I grew up. My dad was a foreman at one big orchard down that way when I was a kid, so I grew up wandering around among the trees. Lots of pears and cherries as well as apples. Although in recent years there's been a significant transition from fruit trees to wine grapes in some of those areas. Chelan in particular is a resort town with a bunch of wineries nearby.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom