Other games, Dec. 9-15 | The Boneyard

Other games, Dec. 9-15

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
The excitement takes a bit of a dip this week; not nearly as many compelling games, with a lot of teams taking exam breaks.

Monday, Thursday and Friday are particularly quiet days.

Tues., Dec. 10

• Villanova at Temple (5p, live stream). Crosstown rivalry game. Can the Owls build on their strong performance vs. South Carolina?
  • Minnesota at George Washington (7p, ESPN+). GW is on a 4-game winning streak. Minnesota's win streak is at 6.

Wed., Dec. 11
  • #16 DePaul at Notre Dame (6:30p, ACCN). Gee, I wonder which team I should root for here?
  • TCU at #11 Texas A&M (8p, SECN+). Another nonconference challenge for the Aggies. The first significant test for undefeated TCU.
  • Iowa at Iowa State (8p, FS1). What was it that @triaddukefan says about those in-state rivalries?
Thu., Dec. 12
  • UNC Greensboro at North Carolina A&T (5:30p). Battle of the 'Boro. I couldn't find any broadcast or streaming info, so hopefully @triaddukefan will report live from the Aggie gym.

Sat., Dec. 14
  • Central Michigan at South Dakota State (3p, live stream). Another good mid-major battle.
  • Penn State at Princeton (3p, ESPN+). Intriguing test for Berube's squad.
Sun., Dec. 15
  • Green Bay at Marist (12p, ESPN3). Both teams look like the clear favorite in their respective conferences this year.
  • #7 Louisville at #14 Kentucky (1p, ESPN). Kentucky's first significant test.
  • Purdue at #5 South Carolina (2p, SECN+). Last year's game at Purdue went down to the wire.
  • North Carolina at Alabama (3p, SECN+). UNC tries to remain unbeaten.
  • Ohio at TCU (3p, live stream). Ohio has a now-significant win over Ohio State and looks to build on its resume with a road trip to Fort Worth and then Austin.
  • Missouri at #20 Missouri State (4p, ESPN+). Whouda thunk Missouri State would be the top 25 team and Mizzou would be 3-7?
  • Ohio State at #1 Stanford (8:30p, Pac-12 Network). Can the Buckeyes follow up on their upset win over Louisville?

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Evidently Plebe looked past the big matchup on Thursday. The battle of the Boro...... UNC-Greensboro travels to NCA&T... to renew acquaintances. Campuses are separated by less than 3 miles...... Im sure the players run into each other at the nail/hair salons... Chipolte's, Walmarts etc. My Lady Aggies vs My Lady Spartans.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Evidently Plebe looked past the big matchup on Thursday. The battle of the Boro...... UNC-Greensboro travels to NCA&T... to renew acquaintances. Campuses are separated by less than 3 miles...... Im sure the players run into each other at the nail/hair salons... Chipolte's, Walmarts etc. My Lady Aggies vs My Lady Spartans.
Kinda reminds me of how University of Houston and Texas Southern University are separated by literally only a few city blocks.

I added the Battle of the Boro. Couldn't find any broadcast or streaming info on either team website. Hopefully you'll live-report ?

Reaction Score
  • #2 Louisville at #15 Kentucky (1p, ESPN). Kentucky's first significant test.

Looking forward to this one. Kentucky has yet to be tested. Unfortunately I don't think Chasity Patterson is eligible until next week. I would have liked to see her for this matchup. Kentucky is pretty physical defensively and disruptive but other players will need to continue to help R. Howard out on the offensive end. Should be a good game though.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Kinda reminds me of how University of Houston and Texas Southern University are separated by literally only a few city blocks.

I added the Battle of the Boro. Couldn't find any broadcast or streaming info on either team website. Hopefully you'll live-report ?

If there is anytime to go to a NCAT home game... this would be the one. This is the last home non-conference games. The MEAC does the women/men's doubleheaders once conference season starts...... an I aint trying to stay for two games.

Plebe

Reaction Score
If there is anytime to go to a NCAT home game... this would be the one. This is the last home non-conference games. The MEAC does the women/men's doubleheaders once conference season starts...... an I aint trying to stay for two games.
Ha you couldn't just leave after the women's game?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Ha you couldn't just leave after the women's game?

Yeah... but I dont know how the egress is going out of the arena. I can just picture myself having to fight through the incoming traffic of fans coming to see the men's team play. Don't wanna rough up any senior citizens and or college kids with my brute strength.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Our friend @DefenseBB pointed out the FGCU game tonight vs. an NAIA team.

Well, there's another game I'm checking in on: St. John's is up 57-25 at halftime over Army, and even more impressively, freshman Leilani Correa has a career-high 25 points in just the first half, on 9-11 shooting.

Second half coming up, on ESPN+

Reaction Score
While that's certainly a ho-hum battle to be all aquiver about in the Boro, I would humbly put forth that the battle for primacy in the state of Colorado is worth keeping an eye on. The Pioneers of Denver University make the strenuous trek up Rt. 25 and Rt. 36 to the University of Colorado Boulder to face off against JR Payne's Buffaloes. While the Pioneers have never won in Boulder in just five attempts, the Pioneers did manage to pull a fast one on a Buffalo team led by none other than Brittany Spears in 2010 by eking out a 70-69 victory despite 5-6 shooting from the legendary singer the stalwart Buffalo.

Plebe

Reaction Score

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
While that's certainly a ho-hum battle to be all aquiver about in the Boro, I would humbly put forth that the battle for primacy in the state of Colorado is worth keeping an eye on. The Pioneers of Denver University make the strenuous trek up Rt. 25 and Rt. 36 to the University of Colorado Boulder to face off against JR Payne's Buffaloes.

Surely somewhere Colorado St. and Northern Colorado fans are bristling at this comment, being left entirely out of the battle for state supremacy.

Reaction Score
Surely somewhere Colorado St. and Northern Colorado fans are bristling at this comment, being left entirely out of the battle for state supremacy.

Colorado already beat Colorado State and Denver hammered Northern Colorado. Air Force lost to Northern Colorado. Northern Colorado has also lost to Colorado State. CSU and DU do not play this season.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Colorado already beat Colorado State and Denver hammered Northern Colorado. Air Force lost to Northern Colorado. Northern Colorado has also lost to Colorado State. CSU and DU do not play this season.

Wow, I didn't realize there have been so many inter-state games already. Thanks for breaking that down for me.

Plebe

Reaction Score
@LETTERL will be thrilled to know that Nicholls is actually leading in the 3rd quarter of its in-state rivalry game vs. Louisiana-Monroe. The Colonels of Nicholls are eyeing their first win over a D1 team this season. Now showing live on YouTube:

Meanwhile, Minnesota is running George Washington out of its own gym, up 57-22 in mid-3Q.

Reaction Score
The excitement takes a bit of a dip this week; not nearly as many compelling games, with a lot of teams taking exam breaks.

Monday, Thursday and Friday are particularly quiet days.

Tues., Dec. 10

• Villanova at Temple (5p, live stream). Crosstown rivalry game. Can the Owls build on their strong performance vs. South Carolina?
  • Minnesota at George Washington (7p, ESPN+). GW is on a 4-game winning streak. Minnesota's win streak is at 6.

Wed., Dec. 11
  • #16 DePaul at Notre Dame (6:30p, ACCN). Gee, I wonder which team I should root for here?
  • TCU at #11 Texas A&M (8p, SECN+). Another nonconference challenge for the Aggies. The first significant test for undefeated TCU.
  • Iowa at Iowa State (8p, FS1). What was it that @triaddukefan says about those in-state rivalries?
Thu., Dec. 12
  • UNC Greensboro at North Carolina A&T (5:30p). Battle of the 'Boro. I couldn't find any broadcast or streaming info, so hopefully @triaddukefan will report live from the Aggie gym.

Sat., Dec. 14
  • Central Michigan at South Dakota State (live stream). Another good mid-major battle.
  • Penn State at Princeton (3p, ESPN+). Intriguing test for Berube's squad.
Sun., Dec. 15
  • Green Bay at Marist (12p, ESPN3). Both teams look like the clear favorite in their respective conferences this year.
  • #7 Louisville at #14 Kentucky (1p, ESPN). Kentucky's first significant test.
  • Purdue at #5 South Carolina (2p, SECN+). Last year's game at Purdue went down to the wire.
  • North Carolina at Alabama (3p, SECN+). UNC tries to remain unbeaten.
  • Ohio at TCU (3p, live stream). Ohio has a now-significant win over Ohio State and looks to build on its resume with a road trip to Fort Worth and then Austin.
  • Missouri at #20 Missouri State (4p, ESPN+). Whouda thunk Missouri State would be the top 25 team and Mizzou would be 3-7?
  • Ohio State at #1 Stanford (8:30p, Pac-12 Network). Can the Buckeyes follow up on their upset win over Louisville?
I'm looking forward to the Louisville Kentucky game. The off starting guard for Kentucky Sabrina Haines is a transfer from ASU. Two years ago she suffered a knee injury during conference play. CTT had recruited outstanding guards in the freshman class and Sabrina saw the writing on the wall. I was very sorry to see her leave. She's a local product and played with Kristine Anigwe at Desert Vista High School in Tempe. She's a tremendous defensive player and plays the game with great energy and passion. Sometimes she's out of control on the offensive end at least when she was in Tempe. She must have ironed out that part of her game since she's starting for Kentucky.

She is shooting 47% from the three line has a positive assist-to-turnover margin and has both 16 steals and 16 assists.

Really looking forward to seeing her play against a high-quality opponent.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The Troy Trojans are trouncing the Lady Bucs 50-30 in the 3rd Q. The Lady Vols squeaked by the Lady Bucs 72-68 earlier this year.

Reaction Score
The Troy Trojans are trouncing the Lady Bucs 50-30 in the 3rd Q. The Lady Vols squeaked by the Lady Bucs 72-68 earlier this year.

With a NCAA RPI of 37, Troy's early performance this season has been solid.

Reaction Score
Tenn tunes up for Stanford with a 79-41 home win against tough Colorado St.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
BYU @ Boise St. is an interesting game, neither team is what they were last year it appears. Broncos up early 17-13.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Boise St. wins 66-55. BYU drops to 3-4 on the season.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Boise St. wins 66-55. BYU drops to 3-4 on the season.
It's been a disappointing OOC season for both teams.

The West Coast Conference will likely be a one-bid conference, unless perhaps Pacific can bounce back from its loss to Cal State Bakersfield with a win at UCLA on Sunday, or BYU can shock Oregon State when they play in Hawai'i just before Christmas .

I notice that BYU is 2-4 against D1 teams. Their 3rd win was over the Javelinas of Texas A&M Kingsville, a D2 school formerly known as Texas A&I, which is where my father started college.

1576172296250.png

Cool logo, but not a very good WBB team.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I can't help but wonder if our own @triaddukefan made the trek to Buies Creek this morning to watch "his Camels" host Bluefield College on "screaming kids day":

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom