Other games, Dec. 9-15 | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Other games, Dec. 9-15

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Did you the Alabama commentator who was the head coach of Alabama when Alabama last played UNC back in 96? He said he would try to get UNC to play in Tuscaloosa and Hatchell (my words) never returned the favor of playing them on the road. The UNC-South Carolina series ended in part because Dawn wanted it to be a home and home series and Hatchell wanted to remain a neutral game to be played in Myrtle Beach.

UNC had seasons wghen Hatchell was the coach, that the only true road game they had on their non conference schedule was if the B1G Ten/ACC challenge game ended up being a road game.

Rick Moody?

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
UCLA played this game without Corsaro, Horvat and Jefferson. I don't know what their prognosis is, but it will be extremely hard for UCLA to compete with Indiana on Dec. 22 if they don't at least have Corsaro back.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA played this game without Corsaro, Horvat and Jefferson. I don't know what their prognosis is, but it will be extremely hard for UCLA to compete with Indiana on Dec. 22 if they don't at least have Corsaro back.

It's been several games. I haven't heard anything about the nature of their injuries. Horvat seems snake bit, I think she's been injured more often than not during her career.

Plebe

Reaction Score
It's been several games. I haven't heard anything about the nature of their injuries. Horvat seems snake bit, I think she's been injured more often than not during her career.
All three of them played against UCF and Virginia but missed the CSUN game.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Maybe she's afraid that if she doesn't spread the playing time around, she won't develop her bench.

She's definitely spreading the minutes around. Some of the starters probably aren't starter quality, there's definitely some interchangeable parts. But I'd rather see more of Melgoza and Peterson on the floor rather than less (averaging 24.6 and 22.5 minutes respectively before today's game). Bench nearly outscored the starters today, but when you subtract Melgoza and Peterson's combined 31 points, the starters nearly had a goose egg Other 3 starters were 0-11 from the field and had a total of 4 points.

Side note, I think it's typical for JC transfers to struggle a bit adjusting to D1 level, but wow Pleskevich is having a rough go of it so far. I sure hope Noble and Sadler are ready to play from day 1 next year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
So apparently Plum was in the house @ USD today. The local yokel broadcast production couldn't pick her out of the crowd of dozens.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Greg Heister and Elise Woodward working together for the Washington St. game on Pac 12 Network? I think that's gotta be a first. Woodward does all things UW and Heister mostly does Gonzaga men's games, but also randomly various sports for WSU. Weird.

Reaction Score
She's definitely spreading the minutes around. Some of the starters probably aren't starter quality, there's definitely some interchangeable parts. But I'd rather see more of Melgoza and Peterson on the floor rather than less (averaging 24.6 and 22.5 minutes respectively before today's game). Bench nearly outscored the starters today, but when you subtract Melgoza and Peterson's combined 31 points, the starters nearly had a goose egg Other 3 starters were 0-11 from the field and had a total of 4 points.

Side note, I think it's typical for JC transfers to struggle a bit adjusting to D1 level, but wow Pleskevich is having a rough go of it so far. I sure hope Noble and Sadler are ready to play from day 1 next year.
Don’t forget Whitfield! I think she was the highest ranked of the bunch, at least by espnW.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Don’t forget Whitfield! I think she was the highest ranked of the bunch, at least by espnW.

No slight intended, I was specifically thinking about guards who could potentially play the PG.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Greg Heister and Elise Woodward working together for the Washington St. game on Pac 12 Network? I think that's gotta be a first. Woodward does all things UW and Heister mostly does Gonzaga men's games, but also randomly various sports for WSU. Weird.
I remember you commented recently on WSU's new court design. I found this quote interesting:

"THE SILHOUETTE THAT RUNS from baseline to baseline symbolizes WSU’s unique connection across the state of Washington. The court includes images of WSU’s four branch campuses plus the Cascade Mountains; the Seattle skyline; the Cable Bridge in the Tri-Cities; Spokane’s Riverfront Park Pavilion and Clock Tower; and the iconic Bryan Clock Tower on the Pullman campus."

Reaction Score
No slight intended, I was specifically thinking about guards who could potentially play the PG.
Speaking of UW freshmen, I expected a little more from JaQuaya Miller. She has been struggling from the field. Prospects Nation had her pretty high, and HoopGurlz used to have her really high. Maybe she just needs some time to settle in.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Speaking of UW freshmen, I expected a little more from JaQuaya Miller. She has been struggling from the field. Prospects Nation had her pretty high, and HoopGurlz used to have her really high. Maybe she just needs some time to settle in.

It's still early enough, I'm intrigued by her. She's quicker and more mobile than she looks like she would be. She can put the ball on the floor. She has some moves, but she hasn't been finishing very well obviously based on her FG%. Bamberger has been the better of the 2 so far, but I think Miller just had her best game to date today.

Reaction Score
Did he say all that at the start of the game? I missed almost all of the first half.

But yeah, two years ago UNC played no true road games in the nonconference. Three years ago, the only true road OOC game was the challenge game.
I believe Rick Moody (the former Alabama head coach, now commentator) said it in the 4th quarter.

Reaction Score
Anyone catch the St. Johns and FL State game? It perfectly showed why UConn going back to the Big East is a great thing. St. Johns really pushed them up to the end.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anyone catch the St. Johns and FL State game? It perfectly showed why UConn going back to the Big East is a great thing. St. Johns really pushed them up to the end.

The same St Johns team lost to UNLV and only beat Wake Forest by 8 points. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

It was one of those games...the Noles blew a 15 point lead...but came out rebounding. And Woolfolk pumped in 25 points.

For St.Johns...their outside shooting was on....shot 44% (24 points) from the 3.

FSU has played then #6 and #11 ....and St. Johns had a better game... due to outside shooting...and they had great free throw shooting (14-15).

It is games like these that help define a team...you can lose...or you can stay composed and pull out a win.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom