OTHER American Semi - USF - Tulane | The Boneyard

OTHER American Semi - USF - Tulane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Tulane ties it near the end! What the heck is USF doing? They seem so bored with this game. Compared with the energy they played with against us they appear to be sleep walking.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
USF is up by 5 with about 3 mins to go. Surprisingly close.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
USF is up by 5 with about 3 mins to go. Surprisingly close.

Amazing. I'm rooting for OT at least. Serves USF right for not putting forth their best effort. They are clearly better and should have taken care of this game long ago,

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Agreed but I think it's clear that Tulane is one of the top 64 teams in the nation. I hope they stay as one of the "last 4 in"...

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Team should remember USF played UConn even in the 2nd half of last weeks game. USF will go into the game believing they can beat UConn.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Agreed but I think it's clear that Tulane is one of the top 64 teams in the nation. I hope they stay as one of the "last 4 in"...

Absolutely, I hope so too. They deserve a spot for sure.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I sat next to the USF team and a handful of the Tulane players during the UConn game. The Tulane players were laid back doing their text thing and listening to their tunes with earbuds. Very little response to what was going on in the game.
The USF players were very engaged, applauding and cheering for good plays by both teams.

I don't know if that means anything, but I found it interesting that the teams seemed so different.

Reaction Score
Team should remember USF played UConn even in the 2nd half of last weeks game. USF will go into the game believing they can beat UConn.
Uconn by 40 this time. No second half letdown.

Reaction Score

That is soooo overrated. The game was decided in the 1ts half. East Carolina did well vs UCONN in 2nd half too.

Reaction Score
USF was the better team today, though Tulane gave them a fight.

Reaction Score
That is soooo overrated. The game was decided in the 1ts half. East Carolina did well vs UCONN in 2nd half too.
The second half when most of the starters were out of the line up? ????

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I agree, but it's likely that Coach Fernandez will tell his players that UCONN is beatable based on how close the 2nd half was last time. He needs to give his team confidence and hopes that they all believe they can beat UCONN. I don't disagree that logically from our perspective it's probably an incorrect presumption, but... I wouldn't be surprised to see USF tell themselves that...

Reaction Score

Right. I heard Stephanie (I think that's her name?) and the guy at halftime or postgame or pregame on ESPNU bring that up - I almost coughed up my drink.

Reaction Score
More like 45 or so with automatic bids, but point taken. Overall, I think this is the best result for us because A) Tulane still has an (outside?) shot at getting into the tournament and B) what's really going to make a difference in the short-term in boosting the perception of the AAC's strength is USF making a name for itself. USF making it into the second weekend is a great step in that direction, and astronomically easier if they get the 4-5 seed that I think they deserve rather than the 6-7 seed that Creme is projecting.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

The starters were mixed with the three main bench guys just like they were in the first half. Despite this, UConn was outscored by 1 over the first ten minutes of the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom