OT: Your Favorite Comedian | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Your Favorite Comedian

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
Bob Hope and Jonathon Winters, were my favorite. But I have many that I like George Carlin, Robin Williams, Richard Prior, Tim Allen, Abbott and Costello, Red Skelton, Lucy Ball, and Rodney Dangerfield, just to name a few.

You just put yourself in an age group with Bama and me.
Sad that the only one you mentioned still around is Tim Allen.
Edit: just occurred to me, does that make him "Last Man Standing"?

Last edited:

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Seriously now...early Steve Martin because of The Jerk.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
You just put yourself in an age group with Bama and me.
Sad that the only one you mentioned still around is Tim Allen.
My dad would watch them all the time when I was growing up, he played for Bob Hope when they were doing an USO show during WWII up in Alaska. The drummer in the band got sick and he was the only drummer on base, so he filled in.

Reaction Score
For me, it is and always will be Bob Hope. His visits to the troops in WWII, Korea, and Viet Nam will always remain special with me.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I'll be honest, I like to some degree almost all of the "classic" comedians mentioned.

Carlin, Hope, Carson, Abbott and Costello, Monty Python, etc . . .

I don't know the modern folks. I watch 2 political humorists that I sometimes agree with and sometimes don't. Other than that, I am pretty much not exposed to current humor, and I have never cared for SNL.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Bob Hope, and Bill Cosby. Eddie Murphy in his early years. Thats pretty much it.

Reaction Score
Robin Williams and Jonathon Winters were on 60 MINUTES years ago and they were given a big wooden box filled with all sorts of props and they were told just start and go for about 10 minutes!
And these 2 geniuses never stopped once just pulling out items and riffing. And they had the whole crew, camera men, sound men, interviewer, etc. crying from laughing so hard!
One of the greatest exhibitions of the human mind creating ideas instantly!
Psychologists say great comedy comes from the most disturbed minds!

Reaction Score
Just called up a 1985 video of St even Wright. Yep. He's still my favorite.

Also notable, as I thought about it, because there is not one R rated word in his schtick. I'm no prude, but some comics measure funniness in f-bombs. I just don't think that's automatically funny. I laughed hard at Sam Kinison when he first burst on the scene, but it got old very fast.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Dick Gregory, Eddie Murphy, Katt Williams, Paul Mooney, Redd Foxx and Richard Pryor. Honable Mention: Monique and Sommone.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
So many wonderful talents already mentioned, but, had to add this fella - and, like so many listed, gone too soon..

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So many wonderful talents already mentioned, but, had to add this fella - and, like so many listed, gone too soon..

"You eat no more. You go away!".... @pinotbear, you eat like crazy to hibernate, this wonderful comic just ate because he liked it ... too much.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom