OT: Your Favorite Comedian | The Boneyard

OT: Your Favorite Comedian

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
But there are rules - no samples of political humor. Just say who it is and why you like her or him - that would not include please because their politics are your politics, viz ..........

Okay, I'll go first. Bill Burr hands down. 'Cuz he's profanely funny on even very mundane slices of life and he's such a good actor on stage in timing, gestures and seeming to genuinely get into the anger of it and wind himself up right in front of your eyes.

Reaction Score
But there are rules - no samples of political humor. Just say who it is and why you like her or him - that would not include please because their politics are your politics, viz .....

Okay, I'll go first. Bill Burr hands down. 'Cuz he's profanely funny on even very mundane slices of life and he's such a good actor on stage in timing, gestures and seeming to genuinely get into the anger of it and wind himself up right in front of your eyes.

Stoakley Carmechael (phonetically correct --spelling who knows)
His politically incorrect punch lines are hard to repeat in this "enlightened day"

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Stoakley Carmechael (phonetically correct --spelling who knows)
His politically incorrect punch lines are hard to repeat in this "enlightened day"
I never thought of Stokely Carmichael as a comedian. I know of his political activism, and I admired his passion though.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
George Carlin stand up because , well... he's George Carlin! Johnny Carson for day in and day out, year after year funny. Bob Newhart for his timing. Jack Benny as best pregnant pause. And Monty Python for ensemble insanity.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
When Robin Williams was on, there was no one funnier. Richard Pryor, though. Man!. Of course, Rodney Dangerfield. Of course, Sam Kinison.

Today, Bill Burr, hands down. Too bad about Louis CK.

Reaction Score
Comedy, just like everything else in this world, is starting to be greatly effected by political correctness. Thankfully, there are still a few comics like Bill Burr, Artie Lange, Nick Dipaolo, Jim Norton, Kevin Brennan, Aaron Berg, Luis J. Gomez, etc that still put "funny" above all else. My favorite comic of all time was Patrice O'neal, but like most great ones, he left us far too young.

Reaction Score
For stand up, I'll go with John Mulaney and Dave Chappelle.

Reaction Score
Old School: Richard Pryor & Paul Mooney

New School: Dave Chapelle & Kevin Hart

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
George Carlin stand up because , well... he's George Carlin! Johnny Carson for day in and day out, year after year funny. Bob Newhart for his timing. Jack Benny as best pregnant pause. And Monty Python for ensemble insanity.

"There's seven words you can't say on TV and they are...." His riff on people and their "stuff" always a fav of mine (because my spouse was making me live it!). George got very dark towards the end for me; too bitter.

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score

You named all my favorites and their trademark shtick. I thought you were younger than that. ;)

dogged1

like a dog with a bone
Reaction Score
It ain't fair. If I put on the headphones and listen to all these great routines everybody at work will know I'm goofing off, especially if I start laughing out loud. Going to have to login at home and do it on my own time, d*mn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
It ain't fair. If I put on the headphones and listen to all these great routines everybody at work will know I'm goofing off, especially if I start laughing out loud. Going to have to login at home and do it on my own time, d*mn.

Wireless ear bud.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Bob Hope and Jonathon Winters, were my favorite. But I have many that I like George Carlin, Robin Williams, Richard Prior, Tim Allen, Abbott and Costello, Red Skelton, Lucy Ball, and Rodney Dangerfield, just to name a few.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom