OT- Yard Goats | The Boneyard

OT- Yard Goats

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Yeah, I remember some of the BYers were able to purchase those 1st night tickets
I too would love to hear some feedback - especially about getting into Hartford, parking and concession stand offerings etc

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Didn't attend yet, but the parks been getting rave reviews. Like a miniature big league park.

Reaction Score
I expect this stadium to be a hit and help revitalize the city. Bridgeport is succeeding, started with athletic facilities at Harbor Yard.

(We should also go after the Paw Sox!)

Reaction Score
I expect this stadium to be a hit and help revitalize the city. Bridgeport is succeeding, started with athletic facilities at Harbor Yard.

(We should also go after the Paw Sox!)

I dont think the blue fish have really revitalized Bridgeport, sure they probably get a decent showing to games but its not like the area surrounding the stadium has popped up with restaurants and bars

Reaction Score
I know this looked bad for awhile with the lawsuit and delays but all indications are that the stadium is a jewel. Because it is so nice I would expect developers who were worried to follow through. What happened to the brewery?

Kauffmak10

BleedBlue
Reaction Score
Went to the game last night and the stadium is wonderful.. very well done

We went in about 6:15 and the place was already crazy.. We uber'd in from Manchester and had zero issues with traffic..

Other than taking and L, it was a great night out and will be a great addition to Hartford.. hopefully the city will continue to build off of this..

Reaction Score
I know this looked bad for awhile with the lawsuit and delays but all indications are that the stadium is a jewel. Because it is so nice I would expect developers who were worried to follow through. What happened to the brewery?
The Rumor is that Hooker Brewery will not be moving into a new building by the stadium. Hooker is now supposedly moving into the Colt building.

Reaction Score
Hooker Brewery couldn't reach an agreement with DoNo which was the development company for Centerplan (the contractor of the stadium that was fired and is sueing).

Centerplan still has control of properties around the stadium. So the whole "use the stadium to spur development around north downtown" is still up in the air with all these lawsuits.

Hooker is indeed doing a tasting room in the Colt building. But who knows if the opportunity to consolidate their brewery and tasting room back into one facility near the park comes up, I guess it could still be an option down the road.

Reaction Score
Very unflattering article in the WSJ earlier this week. Having left Hartford 25 years ago, sure hope the article ends up being wrong.

Reaction Score
Hooker Brewery couldn't reach an agreement with DoNo which was the development company for Centerplan (the contractor of the stadium that was fired and is sueing).

Centerplan still has control of properties around the stadium. So the whole "use the stadium to spur development around north downtown" is still up in the air with all these lawsuits.

Hooker is indeed doing a tasting room in the Colt building. But who knows if the opportunity to consolidate their brewery and tasting room back into one facility near the park comes up, I guess it could still be an option down the road.

There was an article in the Courant a few weeks ago and the owner said he wouldn't rule out moving the brewery to Hartford at some point.

Reaction Score
As far as yard goats, I parked on Pratt street, paid $1, had a few beers at Vaughn's and walked over.

Overall very positive experience and showing for Hartford. Police were out keeping things organized and helpful at crosswalks. Ticket pickup at will call just before the game went smoothly. Everyone inside was happy and excited, with a we're in this together let's give the team a chance mentality.

I agree with the mini big league park comment. It was def a little surreal hearing baseball sound and announcements over the stadium PA system, like who's we really have baseball I downtown.

The suites upstairs we full with early investors and the stadium sold out of the extra standing room only tickets that went on sale the day before the game.

Yard Goat (YG) Club upstairs has one big bar, large selections on canned and bottled beers, on tap yuengling Sam summer, bud light and Hooker Nectar of the Goats (might be an apa, attendant told me it was an ipa but I didn't get that fun hoppy flavor I was expecting), also have a full bar with high end liquor.

The food upstairs in yg club was limited, hot dogs, Italian sausage, paninia, nachos, NE claim chowder, lobsters rolls, pretzels. (They ran out of everything accept hot dogs, pretzels and nachos toward the end of the night)

The more wacky stadium food that the Courant covered in an article - donut burger, donut chicken kabobs, etc. are on the main concourse. But I didn't get to try them. Main concourse also had Bears bbq and some smaller food stands that will alternate with local restaurants through out the season.

Overall very good. There's still some kinks they're working out but nothing extremely noticeable that effected the product on the field or hurt the presentation for opening day.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

As a native of the Park City who still lives nearby, I wonder what revitalization you see in the city, because I can't see any. I see some attempts, but they all seem to be futile and very temporary.

Reaction Score
I went as well, definitely some kinks but they place was beautiful. Great sight lines and standing room behind the plate and down the lines. Wish we would have given up on our seats out in center sooner.

Biggest issues I saw were understaffed bar and team store, but that'll work itself out and the crowds will shrink down a bit with time. The bigger head scratcher was the size of the restrooms. Small for a sporting venue and poorly laid out. Maybe 10 urinals (a couple were broken and filled to the brim) and 4 stalls on the main concourse 1st base side. Also, all of the sinks weren't working so they moved in some portable hand sanitizer stations. It was only the 4th inning when I broke the seal so they probably only got worse as it went on.

For the first couple of innings the center and corner fields didn't have any visibility to the counts/outs as it was only posted on the boards directly under us in center. Someone from our group went to the control room which is right on the main concourse with glass windows to peak in (its cool that they made it so visible), and complained that the smaller boards on the baselines were only showing main box score lines. They apologized and said they'd fix that immediately to which they did.

As another poster mentioned they ran out of a number of menu items way to early on. Jamaican beef patties were gone by the 4th being one of them. I overheard from another member in our group that on their dry run the night before I guess they lost power for 20min and couldn't figure it out, only to find out it was still set to a timer.

Some first go at it fumbles, but they seem like they'll iron it out.

Reaction Score
"Reggae in Right" featured a big set up by Scott's Jamaican Bakery....as mentioned...the Jamaican Meat patties sold out....

Comerio offered a Latin American menu...

Unlike the stadium in New Britain....its cool to be able to walk all the way around the stadium 360.
They had live goat for a mascot in a small fenced in area too.

Reaction Score
As a native of the Park City who still lives nearby, I wonder what revitalization you see in the city, because I can't see any. I see some attempts, but they all seem to be futile and very temporary.
Massive crime reduction and lots of redevelopment underway. Even restoring historic buildings. Also setting up more and more corporate outlets.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom