OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes

Reaction Score
You do know that a "Yard Goat" has nothing to do with farming or even the animal, right? A "Yard Goat" is a small train used in the yard to push cars around. That's why the original design had the goat wearing a conductors hat, and why the wordmark uses the old Springfield-Hartford-New Haven train line script. The team is supposed to be themed around trains but they forgot that and only focused on goats and the Whalers.

Yaa I do know that but they kinda threw that out the window when the went the direction they did with the logo wouldn't ya say?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
And Butch that article is about apparel sales is 2016 not 2017. Yard Goats undoubtedly did better last year since the team was actually playing in their own stadium and selling merch there.

Reaction Score
Continuing off topic of this thread, I want the UConn hockey team to wear Whalers colors once a year - some non-HE game. If they can pull off the actual jersey even better, although I'm sure the NHL and/or the NCAA would have some kind of issue.

Even tho I'm a fan of both I rather see UConn just get a 3rd jersey to wear.

Reaction Score
you're familiar with the concept that submarines have a tactic of hunting in packs, which is called a wolfpack?

I get that. I'm confused as to what that name has to do with Hartford/Hartford County.

Reaction Score
I get that. I'm confused as to what that name has to do with Hartford/Hartford County.

It has to do with Connecticut, and they probably couldn't use Connecticut since there's a team already in Bridgeport, hence Hartford.

Reaction Score
Well if you ask me they named the team as an underhanded insult to Whaler fans since the Hurricanes became co-tenants with the NC State Wolf Pack in Raleigh. *X-files theme playing in background*

Last edited:
Reaction Score
But you just said we don't need more teams with blue and green color scheme when they're literally the only one lol. And it does work for Yard Goats green for the grass they graze on and blue for the state of Connecticut...

It obviously was a smart choice since they sell some of the most apparel in MiLB
Connecticut Whale (NWHL) - Wikipedia

I know that link is about 2016 sales. I can read. Nothing about 2017 has been published so far. A hockey team called the Danbury Whalers existed not too long ago.

Reaction Score
Connecticut Whale (NWHL) - Wikipedia

I know that link is about 2016 sales. I can read. Nothing about 2017 has been published so far. A hockey team called the Danbury Whalers existed not too long ago.

OK then you know that the sales are not up-to-date. And how many people go to or know about the NWHL team? Very small number of people. Danbury already had another team (Titans) since the Whalers.

Reaction Score
OK then you know that the sales are not up-to-date. And how many people go to or know about the NWHL team? Very small number of people. Danbury already had another team (Titans) since the Whalers.
And you're the one who claimed they are one of the best sellers when there is no published data?

You just finished school, right? Which means you didn't see the Whalers? Your justification of the teams' colors for a team was not strong at all, to put it nicely. It's all BS nostalgia, as stated by the Yard Goats. And at least 2 other teams that existed (or still exist) used same colors and same name or close. And everyone who uses Brass Bonanza claims it is homage.

Notice I said the Danbury Whalers existED. I know of the FHL, thank you. This going around in circles over lame nostalgic colors that have no relevance to name of the baseball team is futile. It's been stated by the team that they have blue and green as colors to pay homage to the Whalers. No other reason. Not goats eating grass and the blue on the flag of Connecticut. (Wtf?)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom