OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes

Reaction Score
That and the concessions/tickets are over priced. Why would someone want to spend $20+ to watch an Atlantic League game? You'll be able to go to the Yard Goats for cheaper and it will be better all-around. I also have a better time at the Bristol Blues which everybody should check out if you're in the area.

actually, they dropped the price of tickets and concessions, it was even cheaper than the old Rock Cats days.

Reaction Score
actually, they dropped the price of tickets and concessions, it was even cheaper than the old Rock Cats days.

Pretty sure the cheapest ticket is $12, that's not cheaper. And when I went to the game last year, ice cream was $6. That's more expensive than the XL Center pricing. It is not cheap and it is 100% not cheaper than the Rockcats were, or the Blues are or Yard Goats will be.

Reaction Score
And in the Northeast for a third of the year it's 2 million degrees below zero so why not try to accommodate the vastly superior population up North like the forward thinking entrepreneurs in the South accommodate their masses?

Well, no outdoor sports are played in February and March, and the teams themselves don't want them. In football, for example, weather is seen as a nice advantage that causes southern teams to trip over their labia when they come visit late in the year.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
The stadium is perfect for those coming from the east and north. Park for $5. in the Morgan St. Garage just off I-84. Short walk to the game and easy access to the highway home.

Reaction Score
The minor league stadium in the area of PA where I grew up has urinal gaming.

Reaction Score
I'll get you my nephew's Jr. Wolfpack schedule - it's better than D3 and it's free!
Jr Wolfpack? I wouldn't want anything to do with the Rangers or that Hartford's team they forced on Hartford when the Whalers got stolen from Connecticut.

Reaction Score
FYI, I went to all 3 games and payed $20 total for all sessions on stubhub.

Note, it's the other FYI... (jk)

I even posted a Ticket Galaxy (easy seat) link on here right after you posted your screenshot of remaining seats on vivid.

Our fanbase can suck, but I went to all sessions of the 2015 AAC tourney buying individuals sessions for 6-10 from easy seat.(60 or so for final). If I remember, the Semi or final were pretty packed(11-13k), but was NOT as loud as the 8k or so that were there on FRI/SAT.

So true on the corporate suit/donor crowd during most games in 100's.
Katz even mentioned on TV about the crowd noise and noticed how louder it was because of st patty's, but mainly that most of fans in the 100s were the loud screaming diehards normally regulated to the 200s. Most were very happy to be cheering and screaming obscenities 10-20 feet away vs 50-70ft away from the court in 200s

I'd rather have 7 or 8k diehards closer to the action than all of them stuck drinking up in the 200s.
Fri and sat were LOUD!!!

Whaler, XL is getting tired. If they renovated it and had this tourney with the same record and injuries, I bet the place would have been close to a sellout on fri/sat.

True, the XL is tired. I want to see them renovate it, upgrade it to NHL standards.

Reaction Score
Jr Wolfpack? I wouldn't want anything to do with the Rangers or that Hartford's team they forced on Hartford when the Whalers got stolen from Connecticut.

True, the XL is tired. I want to see them renovate it, upgrade it to NHL standards.

jiFfM.jpg

Reaction Score
Nice article in Hartford Business Journal about the new park. Embracing, 'carnival' atmosphere coming to Hartford's ballpark

"We'll probably end up having over 250 sponsors — big and small,'' said Abramson, who has spent the last four of his 12 years in baseball with Yard Goats owner Josh Solomon's organization. "The way the corporate community has enveloped us has been what we thought, and then some.''

Ticket prices, ranging from $6 to $16 for advance tickets to game-day prices from $8 to $18, are the same as when the team was the Rock Cats. Concession prices have yet to be set, but Abramson vows there "won't be any $20 beers'' like in many big-league ballparks.Each of the team's 70 home games this season are pocked with promotions. Fireworks will be a staple most night games. Other fan-appreciation events on deck include foam-finger, baseball cap and mascot Chompers bobble-head giveaways, and "baseball bingo.'' During the July 14-16 home series, there will be a "Whalers Alumni Weekend,'' in which ex-players from the former Hartford NHL team will be in attendance.

Reaction Score
I'll get you my nephew's Jr. Wolfpack schedule - it's better than D3 and it's free!

Better? Do me a favor and let me know how many kids on your nephews team are ever good enough to play D3 hockey. The following link is the Jr. Wolfpack's latest college commitments.

College Placements

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Better? Do me a favor and let me know how many kids on your nephews team are ever good enough to play D3 hockey. The following link is the Jr. Wolfpack's latest college commitments.

College Placements

Guy I was just busting Butch's chops. I'm sorry if I offended your D3 hockey sensibilities.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Not offended at all. No D3 hockey sensibilities (or any others for that matter)

My cousin is actually on that list. He turned down Michigan Tech for a D3 school. It was an odd decision.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
How'd it work out?

He ended up quitting the hockey team and joining the golf team.

He led the NAHL in penalty minutes one year so college hockey wasn't really his bag.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure the cheapest ticket is $12, that's not cheaper. And when I went to the game last year, ice cream was $6. That's more expensive than the XL Center pricing. It is not cheap and it is 100% not cheaper than the Rockcats were, or the Blues are or Yard Goats will be.

What's with the lies? We all know you've never been to a Bees game. Oh and their ticket prices are all under $12. Nice try though.

upload_2018-1-30_0-28-14.png

Reaction Score
I didn't go to a game last season, the prices definitely changed. Be at some this year since they got Wally Backman, that was a great move.

Reaction Score
What's with the lies? We all know you've never been to a Bees game. Oh and their ticket prices are all under $12. Nice try though.

View attachment 28148

Actually, the average price is less than that since over 50% of their tickets are giveaways. Nice way to inflate attendance numbers . . .

Reaction Score
Actually, the average price is less than that since over 50% of their tickets are giveaways. Nice way to inflate attendance numbers . . .

My buddy used to work for them and gave me a stack of ticket vouchers. Yeah it was pathetic how many free tickets were given out but it was also nice not having to pay to get in.

Reaction Score
When you go from AA to independent baseball, promotion is not a bad idea to get things rolling. Maybe they won't be giving out vouchers as much going forward, with the loss of the Bluefish. I am pretty sure there's a new owner, too.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Bees games are horrifically bad. I went two years ago and will likely never go back. Nothing against the stadium, prices, etc but the product on the field was terrible. It’s a bunch of washed out MLB players who are still clinging to their dream or players not good enough to even make it to one of the 100’s of MiLB teams.

At least in MiLB games you have the chance to see future MLB stars or even rehabbing current stars. The game itself is better and more entertaining. The feel of the game at Bees games was just boring.

Sorry to those old Rock Cat fans who hold a grudge against the Yard Goats but the entire Yard Goats experience is light years above the Bees.

Reaction Score
20th Anniversary Season of Atlantic League Baseball

"Over its first 19 seasons of play, over 800 of the league's players have signed contracts with big league organizations and over 100 players have been promoted to Major League Baseball. Over 50 former Atlantic League players and coaches are managers or coaches in MLB organizations."

Helps to do a little research to understand how independent leagues actually work.

Reaction Score
20th Anniversary Season of Atlantic League Baseball

"Over its first 19 seasons of play, over 800 of the league's players have signed contracts with big league organizations and over 100 players have been promoted to Major League Baseball. Over 50 former Atlantic League players and coaches are managers or coaches in MLB organizations."

Helps to do a little research to understand how independent leagues actually work.

Amen to that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom