OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT - Yard Goats Home Opener Sold Out in 30 Minutes

Reaction Score
Blocking HWP was the best move I ever made. He hasn't posted 1 thing pertaining to UConn, except for derogatory comments about the hockey team.

The subject of this thread has nothing to do with UConn if you haven't already noticed.:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Blocking HWP was the best move I ever made. He hasn't posted 1 thing pertaining to UConn, except for derogatory comments about the hockey team.
He was going off on the Whalers. He's clearly a Rangers fans.

Screw the Rangers. Would rather cheer for the Devils or Islanders.

Reaction Score
He was going off on the Whalers. He's clearly a Rangers fans.

Screw the Rangers. Would rather cheer for the Devils or Islanders.

This guy has been trolling anything Whalers since before the CT Whale came about. He lives a sad existence

Reaction Score
Why? It looks good imo
I totally beg to differ. They need their own identity. This Whalers worship is getting really tiring. They can easily find a palette that identifies with the Victorian era better.

I have a Whalers flag from the Hockey HoF hanging on my wall. The green and blue on teams all over the state is overkill. The Whalers are not coming back for a long time. Maybe after Bettman has passed away.

Reaction Score
I totally beg to differ. They need their own identity. This Whalers worship is getting really tiring. They can easily find a palette that identifies with the Victorian era better.

I have a Whalers flag from the Hockey HoF hanging on my wall. The green and blue on teams all over the state is overkill. The Whalers are not coming back for a long time. Maybe after Bettman has passed away.

Truer words have never been spoken!

Reaction Score

Agree to disagree. I think its perfect. And what others teams besides them are blue and green in CT? Honestly can't think of any other.....

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree. I think its perfect. And what others teams besides them are blue and green in CT? Honestly can't think of any other.....
Why do we need more? It's so uncreative and unoriginal. People in college used to tell me I should have went for a sports marketing degree. I'm involved in that sorta crap anyway.

To be honest, it's ugly. Green and blue have nothing to do with goats or trains or the Victorian era "Yard Goats" projects. Maybe besides water and plants. Worked perfect on the Whalers for obvious reasons.

Reaction Score
Why do we need more? It's so uncreative and unoriginal. People in college used to tell me I should have went for a sports marketing degree. I'm involved in that sorta crap anyway.

To be honest, it's ugly. Green and blue have nothing to do with goats or trains or the Victorian era "Yard Goats" projects. Maybe besides water and plants. Worked perfect on the Whalers for obvious reasons.

But you just said we don't need more teams with blue and green color scheme when they're literally the only one lol. And it does work for Yard Goats green for the grass they graze on and blue for the state of Connecticut...

It obviously was a smart choice since they sell some of the most apparel in MiLB

Reaction Score
Just for fun I'd like to hear what you would've named them and what colors they should've worn

Reaction Score
But you just said we don't need more teams with blue and green color scheme when they're literally the only one lol. And it does work for Yard Goats green for the grass they graze on and blue for the state of Connecticut...

It obviously was a smart choice since they sell some of the most apparel in MiLB

You do know that a "Yard Goat" has nothing to do with farming or even the animal, right? A "Yard Goat" is a small train used in the yard to push cars around. That's why the original design had the goat wearing a conductors hat, and why the wordmark uses the old Springfield-Hartford-New Haven train line script. The team is supposed to be themed around trains but they forgot that and only focused on goats and the Whalers.

Reaction Score
At the very least I hope we can agree a Wolf head coming out of the break of a wave is ridiculous. What do submarines have to do with Hartford anyways?

Reaction Score
What do Whalers have to do with Hartford? Should have called them the Connecticut Whalers. As far as colors? Even a velvety red/purple, silver and black would work. Your reasoning on colors was just....c'mon man. Please. Yeah, people like Whalers stuff, cool. If you want this to be all about nostalgia rather than actual creative sports marketing, power to you.

The Wolf Pack belong in New London or Groton or wherever, not Hartford.

Reaction Score
At the very least I hope we can agree a Wolf head coming out of the break of a wave is ridiculous. What do submarines have to do with Hartford anyways?

Hartford is the capital of Connecticut and Connecticut is home to a U.S. Navy submarine base.

Reaction Score
The rightful name of the Whalers was the New England Whalers.

I think the Bruins objected to that name.

Reaction Score
The rightful name of the Whalers was the New England Whalers.

I think the Bruins objected to that name.

The "Whalers" name made more sense when they played in Boston during their WHA days.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
The "Whalers" name made more sense when they played in Boston during their WHA days.
FWIW Connecticut has a huge whaling history. Other than New Bedford and Nantucket, New London was the biggest whaling port in the US.

Reaction Score
they originally wanted the team to be named the Seawolves (after the then-cutting-edge submarine (USS Seawolf (SSN-21) - Wikipedia ), but some minor league team down south (I believe) pitched a fit so they changed it to Wolfpack.

Reaction Score
Continuing off topic of this thread, I want the UConn hockey team to wear Whalers colors once a year - some non-HE game. If they can pull off the actual jersey even better, although I'm sure the NHL and/or the NCAA would have some kind of issue.

Reaction Score
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom