OT X FActor Final 16 | The Boneyard

OT X FActor Final 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Hard to believe some of the singers that didn't make the Final 16. The judges seemed to choose based on the background of the singers instead of how talented they were. The homeless, youngest, oldest or if you had an interesting life story won out over talent. Sure the ones put through had talent, but they weren't the most talented singers or entertainers. Even Simon left his two most talented singers out of the show to choose two 14 year old singers that IMHO have no chance of winning the show.

I'll continue to watch the show, but it won't be as good as it could have been as some of the more talented entertainers didn't make the live shows. Don't see a Superstar from those that made the show.

I posted the above before they changed it to the Final 17. Melanie definitely deserved to be in the show and Simon should have chosen her to begin with.

Reaction Score
I definitely prefer Idol so far.

Simon's choices were pathetic. I'm fine with Rachel and Drew, both of them have performed so well throughout this competition that they do deserve to be there. But Caitlin, Jazzlyn (one of the only people with superstar potential, IMO) and Tora were HUGE snubs. (Thankfully he at least made it right with Melanie. Simone and Tiah had no business being in the top 4.

IMO, LA made the right picks, other than perhaps Phillip. (Marcus, Brian/Astro, and Chris were obvious picks) but even then, I'm not sure if anyone else was really better than him.

Nicole's picks were pretty obvious. Clearly, her and Paula didn't want contestants that were too similar (Why only Stacy made it through) But those four would have been my guesses. It's just not that strong of a category.

And Paula, actually picked the most strategically. No two groups are similar and she picked based on marketability.

If voting demographics are similar to Idol, Chris Rene will win, with Drew as an underdog and Lakoda Rayne as a very very dark horse). But I'm really hoping for a Melanie/Marcus final. I actually think Marcus could be really special, and Melanie is so obviously the most talented.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
It is the the X Factor and the premise of the show is that something more than pure music talent is involved.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe some of the singers that didn't make the Final 16. The judges seemed to choose based on the background of the singers instead of how talented they were. The homeless, youngest, oldest or if you had an interesting life story won out over talent. Sure the ones put through had talent, but they weren't the most talented singers or entertainers. Even Simon left his two most talented singers out of the show to choose two 14 year old singers that IMHO have no chance of winning the show.

I'll continue to watch the show, but it won't be as good as it could have been as some of the more talented entertainers didn't make the live shows. Don't see a Superstar from those that made the show.

I posted the above before they changed it to the Final 17. Melanie definitely deserved to be in the show and Simon should have chosen her to begin with.
I disagree, and predicted almost everyone of the finalist except 2. The ones chosen have unique styles. EX: the male county singer had a good voice, but they come a dime a dozen in Nashville. Melanie has the best combination of polished stage presence and singing range Think Queen Latifa. X factor did the same thing America's got talent did. They made everyone think Landau Eugene Murphy was being eliminated when the other person standing next to him was told they were going through only to then tell him he also made it. They knew he was a likely finalist. This gimmick was planned to create melodrama. I just want to here them sing. All the other filler just sucks. I think she is a favorite to win this. They took those they see as having more than great voices. Most of the top went through. Is it me or does Rachel Crow come across as a modern day Shirley Temple (that by the way is big props from me). The goal of the show is not just to win but to get someone in the music world to take notice of you. If Eminem decides to take Chris Rene under his wing I think he will do just fine.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
While I didn't do as well as you did in predicting the finalists, I did well and predicted some that would be picked even though I didn't think they should.

Dexter Haygood, Homeless James Brown Wannabe. He is one dimensional and IMHO not that talented and only chosen because of his story. Will be out of the competition by week three. Could be out the 1st week, but expect one of the groups to be first out. Would have taken Elaine or Tiger over him. Thought he would be picked because of his story.

LeRoy Bell is boring and IMHO only picked because of his age. Not a bad singer, but no personality.

Tiah Tolliver, probably should not have made it out of the auditions, although she did reasonably well when getting down to the Final 16. Definitely would have chosen Caitlyn or Jazzlyn over her.

Brian Bradley, young obnoxious overbearing rapper. I understand why he was picked, but I wouldn't have. He'll be good TV for a few weeks until the public gets tired of his act. I wonder how LA Reid will be able to handle his attitude.

Phillip Lomax one dimensional Jazz or Michael Buble type singer that probably won't go over well with the American public. Would have chosen one of the country singers over him.

Wasn't completely impressed with any of the groups, although the all girl group has potential if the public gives them a chance until they get more experience as a group. None of the groups will be in the Final Six.

I regularly watch X Factor UK and Australia and while the talent for the US version is better, the production values aren't as good. The host for X Factor USA is a waste of time and can't believe they couldn't have found someone better here in the US.

421"]I disagree, and predicted almost everyone of the finalist except 2. The ones chosen have unique styles. EX: the male county singer had a good voice, but they come a dime a dozen in Nashville. Melanie has the best combination of polished stage presence and singing range Think Queen Latifa. X factor did the same thing America's got talent did. They made everyone think Landau Eugene Murphy was being eliminated when the other person standing next to him was told they were going through only to then tell him he also made it. They knew he was a likely finalist. This gimmick was planned to create melodrama. I just want to here them sing. All the other filler just sucks. I think she is a favorite to win this. They took those they see as having more than great voices. Most of the top went through. Is it me or does Rachel Crow come across as a modern day Shirley Temple (that by the way is big props from me). The goal of the show is not just to win but to get someone in the music world to take notice of you. If Eminem decides to take Chris Rene under his wing I think he will do just fine.[/quote]

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
it seems to me this show is a pretty huge disappointment. Simon predicted this show would blow American Idol away. IIRC AI gets over 20 million viewers per week. this show is struggling to get over 10 million viewers...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Watching with my family. My conclusion is that they are pretty much aiming at the teeny bop votes/audience that AI apparently thrives on. Within those parameters, there were bound to be a few young'uns cut among the boys and girls because there were more than 4 in those groups It is a little harder to aim at the teeny audience with the over 30s and to a point with the groups (two artificially contrived groups "made it through"). There were so many sad stories that some of them were bound to be cut as well. I think Dexter is a an outdated, one trick pony, or so it seems. He was picked for ratings. Obviously a sad tale, but this is supposed to be a singing competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom