OT: Worst teammate of the year goes to D'Angelo Russell | The Boneyard

OT: Worst teammate of the year goes to D'Angelo Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

The entire Lakers team has isolated Russell. There is no turning back from this, I know kids who understand not to do something as stupid as this.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
This will blow over in the media and in society. However, I'm interested to see how the NBA/entertainment community handles him, he might not be able to make many friends in that community going forward.

The better question I think is, what is worse? Nick Young cheating on his fiance or D'Angelo dry snitching on his teammate to the world?

Reaction Score
Kid is a complete idiot for filming this, but I highly doubt he intentionally leaked it to the world.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
12920350_10154076624176100_4351498120720888416_n.jpg

polycom

Reaction Score
D'Angelo & Nick Young are doing a press conference before the Heat game tonight, should be some good sound bites.

Reaction Score
The better question I think is, what is worse? Nick Young cheating on his fiance or D'Angelo dry snitching on his teammate to the world?
......nick young cheating on his fiance

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Must be way too old but I don't understand a word in that Swaggy P video thus I don't know what this is all about!!!!!!!!!!!

polycom

Reaction Score
Must be way too old but I don't understand a word in that Swaggy P video thus I don't know what this is all about!!!!!!!!!!!

Swaggy P admits to cheating on his fiance and Russell at the end of the video says Thanks, I got it on camera.... or something to that effect. Swaggy P didn't know he was being recorded. It was so weird.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Very appropriate here too...
dTzA8pA.gif

I know this isn't about Kobe, but at the end of this clip, is it just me or does Kobe look like Banjo Boy from Deliverance?

Reaction Score
In the video, Russell asks Young at one point, "You was 30 and she was 19?" referencing Young's age and the age of another woman that Young said that he met in a nightclub.

"What about Amber Rose?" Russell later says, mentioning another celebrity.

"No, she knows my girl, (Iggy Azalea Pop star)" Young is recorded as saying.

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.

Reaction Score
I can't stand Kobe but I don't even like watching him with his severely diminished skills being surrounded by this group of clowns. As much as I dislike Kobe he always brought it and was a professional on the court, the team is a collection of immature morons now. Can somebody tell me what was said in this video? Only words I could make out were "Amber Rose" and "fat."

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
In the video, Russell asks Young at one point, "You was 30 and she was 19?" referencing Young's age and the age of another woman that Young said that he met in a nightclub.

"What about Amber Rose?" Russell later says, mentioning another celebrity.

"No, she knows my girl, (Iggy Azalea Pop star)" Young is recorded as saying.

Later in the conversation, while apparently still recording, Russell is heard telling Young, "I'm glad you told my video all that."

"Huh?" Young says, turning his face toward Russell before the video cuts off.

Thanks for the translation
What a circus

Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this qualifies Russell for the worst teammate on his own team over Kobe. Irresponsible and stupid video recording is worse than wasting the entire year on a disingenuous 'hey I'm really a nice guy, not a cutthroat overly competitive psycho' image rehabilitation effort.
The only purposes of this Laker's season are to tank for draft and re-write Kobe's legacy as beloved. No wonder with that corrupt a premise there is some negative fallout.
Stupid, stupid move by Russell, but he's young & they'll fix it by simply moving Young - his scoring with the ladies vastly more efficient than with the basketball.

Reaction Score
Many NBAer are so vulnerable to the ladies. Some women are schooled on how to catch an NBA fish even if they are married or engaged.

'There's a lot of money in them der shorts' the saying goes. Its no secret the number of NBA babies out there, alimony, child support, hush money, etc.. that's paid out by players. Its been happening for decades so this is nothing new or unheard of. In fact its a nice racket and easy to make some money if you are 'in'.

These women know what to wear and what to say. I had a co-worker (single) who went to the All Star game after party in NYC, when I saw her picture I was floored. She was certainly dressed as bait but there were a hundred fishing poles at the party with better bait. Some got fish others didn't.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Any professional athlete who is married or in a committed relationship is CRAZY. Plenty of time for that when you're done playing. Derek Jeter should be the role model for all pro athletes.

Reaction Score
Any professional athlete who is married or in a committed relationship is CRAZY. Plenty of time for that when you're done playing. Derek Jeter should be the role model for all pro athletes.
I know they are grown arse men but something should be contracted that they always use protection, for their own protection.

Amazing how many kids are made by pro athletes. Many of the mothers knew precisely what they are doing and executed their plans to perfection.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I know they are grown arse men but something should be contracted that they always use protection, for their own protection.

Amazing how many kids are made by pro athletes. Many of the mothers knew precisely what they are doing and executed their plans to perfection.
I was watching a show a couple weeks ago and there was an episode about someone who gives advise to pro athletes on avoiding pitfalls. Here are a couple of the highlights:
1.) Always hookup in hotels, never take the girl to your own home. Fail to heed this advise, be prepared for a home invasion robbery in the near future.
2.) Always flush your condoms after hookups. Some girls have retrieved them from the trash and used took steps to get pregnant through extraordinary means to get a pay check.

Sound advise for all you playas out there.....

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
First of all, we don't know the whole story. Nick Young is a 30-year-old man who calls himself "Swaggy P", after all. Let's not paint Nick Young as a victim, especially since he's the one that just admitted to cheating on his fiancee. However, both are in the wrong, obviously. All I'm saying is that there must be more to why D'Angelo did this, otherwise that is a sick, sick joke.

Reaction Score
I think the biggest thing about this besides the fact he's a kid still making a stupid decision, who cares?

Reaction Score
Go to a party and tell everyone you post on the yard, you'll be baited in every way imaginable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom