OT- Women's Soccer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT- Women's Soccer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's nice to be playing your best football at this time of the tournament. Still would feel better if Morgan had her finishing touch but US looks like they are in control. Then again England played a great game vs. Japan and then lost in the most brutal fashion imaginable, outside of penalty kicks.

Disappointed to go to football365.com (I think it's owned by Sky sports / Murdoch but I could be wrong) and there was zero mention of the WWC. Zip. Get with it England.

That's just England, I listen to Talksport on Sirius at lunchtime and they are just blathering on about the signing window.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I guess F365 put up their WWC material in the morning (London time). Their mailbag is entertaining as usual.

I think I originally found out about that site when one of you guys linked to it a couple world cup cycles ago...

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Gotta feel for that girl on England. Absolutely the worst way to lose. 92' minute of 3' of stoppage time. I can't imagine what she is feeling. Should be an interesting rematch in the finals against Japan

Reaction Score
Whats too bad is that England was the better team in the second half and had multiple scoring chances. I think we beat Japan by a couple of goals.

Reaction Score
Gotta feel for that girl on England. Absolutely the worst way to lose. 92' minute of 3' of stoppage time. I can't imagine what she is feeling. Should be an interesting rematch in the finals against Japan

Probably like the kid on my son's travel baseball team who struck out looking with 2 out, bases loaded in the top of the 6th (U8 only plays 6 innings) down by 2 runs. Oh, and the ball was in the dirt and the Ump ran away telling both coaches he a dinner reservation at 8 PM (it was 8:05).

Reaction Score
Strongly suspect the sub-8 year old kid felt extremely down and maybe even miffed by a bad call, but absolutely beloeve it's a dramatically different feeling for a young adult's individual error at the highest level of her sport career.

Total tangent, but why the heck are < 8 year old kids traveling to play other towns? What the heck's wrong with adults organizing kids' sports? Don't expect an answer, but find it bizarre some adults running leagues view this as reasonable or parents are almost forced to toe the line. MLB's right around the corner ...

Slightly less of a tangent, but Goal.com or some site had a great, albeit unfortunate, article about the loss of some of the best young, particularly ethnic minority, soccer players missing out on opportunities due to economics, high-cost leagues, etc. The article suggests Juergen Klinsmann and USSF are trying to influence changes, but definitely keep a lot of talented kids from getting opportunities as well as moving up the soccer ranks in the U.S.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Strongly suspect the sub-8 year old kid felt extremely down and maybe even miffed by a bad call, but absolutely beloeve it's a dramatically different feeling for a young adult's individual error at the highest level of her sport career.

Total tangent, but why the heck are < 8 year old kids traveling to play other towns? What the heck's wrong with adults organizing kids' sports? Don't expect an answer, but find it bizarre some adults running leagues view this as reasonable or parents are almost forced to toe the line. MLB's right around the corner ...

Slightly less of a tangent, but Goal.com or some site had a great, albeit unfortunate, article about the loss of some of the best young, particularly ethnic minority, soccer players missing out on opportunities due to economics, high-cost leagues, etc. The article suggests Juergen Klinsmann and USSF are trying to influence changes, but definitely keep a lot of talented kids from getting opportunities as well as moving up the soccer ranks in the U.S.

I have never heard of a U8 travel baseball team, let alone one where they actually pitch at that age. Could just be me though. ;)

Reaction Score
I have never heard of a U8 travel baseball team, let alone one where they actually pitch at that age. Could just be me though. ;)
The U8 remark could well have been disguised sarcasm. Then again, so many bizarre developments occurred in the States during my ongoing several expat years. Often, deciphering facetiousness from the current American reality show proves challenging. Missing out on much of the latter show's a massively favorable attribute to life abroad. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

In North Jersey, rec T Ball is Kindergarten, 1st/2nd Grade baseball is coach pitched, and then 3rd/4th grade is player pitch. Concurrently, travel baseball begins at U8 (grade 2 & 3) and it is try-out, player pitched baseball. Roughly 12 players on the team, 9 in the field; but, all 12 bat in order. Pitchers have a 30 pitch maximum per game and 50 pitch maximum per week, so, just about everyone pitches. The quality of pitching, of course at this age, is erratic. My son, who just completed 2nd grade, made the team. He's an OK hitter; but a good, smart fielder and just learning how to pitch.

Reaction Score
Props to the coaching staff, made changes after the first 2 games and the team got better each game, Johnston, Kreiger , Holiday were money all tourney.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Carli Lloyd got it going at the right time. "I was on a mission" yeah no kidding.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Really fun game to watch. Congrats to the team. They really surprised me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom