OT with a bit of UConn twist: Lot of smoke about Saban to Texas | The Boneyard

OT with a bit of UConn twist: Lot of smoke about Saban to Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
for $10 million per year, plus $2 million from the Longhorn Network. Where this affects UConn is that Narduzzi is rumored to be on the staff at about $1.5 million/year. Will be crazy if this plays out. They would have one hell of a staff put together at the richest AD in the country.

Reaction Score
Ah yes, the great Longhorn Network.

Funny how Texas sucks at every sport now since they got their big network.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
After researching this lead myself, I found another UConn twist in the Saban to Texas rumors. The person that started this fire storm from InsideTexas goes by the handle "Jesus Shuttlesworth"!

http://outkickthecoverage.com/texas-site-goes-all-in-on-nick-saban-to-texas.php

Yep, supposedly he is very reliable. We'll see.

Funny how Texas sucks at every sport now since they got their big network.

Yeah, thanks to that awesome Network, maybe 25% of the country even gets to see them. It was a great money maker, but horrible for building the brand nationally.

Reaction Score
The money in college football is already insane and ruining the game. For that type of money they might as well emasculate the NCAA and start bidding for recruits.

Reaction Score
Perfect. Saban isn't as happy at Alabama as people would think. In fact it probably feels like a prison.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Perfect. Saban isn't as happy at Alabama as people would think. In fact it probably feels like a prison.

Yes, I don't think he's a huge fan of the non-graduate redneck portion of the fanbase either. You know, the ones that poison trees and kill each other for not being upset enough that Bama lost.

Reaction Score
Yes, I don't think he's a huge fan of the non-graduate redneck portion of the fanbase either. You know, the ones that poison trees and kill each other for not being upset enough that Bama lost.

A while back his wife was interviewed. She basically described a life of agony. If you are going to live like that then you might as well make 10 Mil doing it if someone is willing to pay you. Such is the life of the conqueror I guess.

Reaction Score

Life at Texas is not any better. Same pressures from the same crazy boosters.

This is his way of getting a raise at Alabama

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
A while back his wife was interviewed. She basically described a life of agony. If you are going to live like that then you might as well make 10 Mil doing it if someone is willing to pay you. Such is the life of the conqueror I guess.

She's going to love Austin high society, and I think he will too. I just think it will be totally different dealing with Texas as opposed to the Cult of Alabama.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Life at Texas is not any better. Same pressures from the same crazy boosters.

I disagree. The Texas fanbase and boosters are mostly well educated upper crust types. The Bama admin, fans, and state are completely different. Yes, the pressure will be the same, but the interactions will be very different, IMO.

Reaction Score
The money in college football is already insane and ruining the game. For that type of money they might as well emasculate the NCAA and start bidding for recruits.
Some schools have "been there, done that" already. And if UNC or Miami wasn't going to get taken to the woodshed, you can conclude the NCAA is emasculated as well.

Reaction Score
Actually I find this funny . . . . the Alabama job would become a stepping stone to a "really good job".

Reaction Score
Saban would be a fool either way (take the job or not)... $10 million a year to be HC at a college (not an NFL team) hard to pass up... but he'll be expected to be God (Natl Championships year in and year out... nearly impossible)

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
UT President Powers (awesome name) put out a pretty strong but not categorical denial of the Saban-to-Texas rumors.

The way I read his statements is that they arent firing Brown (forced retirment), and that he hasn't spoken with Saban directly (Saban's agent on the other hand...). The fact that he even addressed the rumor tells me there is some truth in there somehere.

Reaction Score
for $10 million per year, plus $2 million from the Longhorn Network. Where this affects UConn is that Narduzzi is rumored to be on the staff at about $1.5 million/year. Will be crazy if this plays out. They would have one hell of a staff put together at the richest AD in the country.

Blue horseshoe loves Blue Star Airlines

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Saban would be a fool either way (take the job or not)... $10 million a year to be HC at a college (not an NFL team) hard to pass up... but he'll be expected to be God (Natl Championships year in and year out... nearly impossible)

What exactly do you think he faces in Bama? At least in Texas he'll be allowed to have an off year where they are only the third or fourth best team in the country.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Oh snap....looks like Mack is stepping down. Announcement in the next 48 hours (tomorrow from what I hear)

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Overblown Uconn angle. We would be competing with the school whose guy is the guy replacing the guy who replaces Mack Brown.

This nonsense of Dantonio to Texas is silly, trumped only by the idea of Narduzzi leaving MSU for the same post at Texas while turning down a HC gig on the flight down.

We may throw a few nutters around here but that's nowhere near what passes for considered speculation on your typical CFB message board.

Jax Husky

Reaction Score
Overblown Uconn angle. We would be competing with the school whose guy is the guy replacing the guy who replaces Mack Brown.

This nonsense of Dantonio to Texas is silly, trumped only by the idea of Narduzzi leaving MSU for the same post at Texas while turning down a HC gig on the flight down.

We may throw a few nutters around here but that's nowhere near what passes for considered speculation on your typical CFB message board.

The UConn angle was from a couple weeks ago, but Narduzzi would make around $2 million at Texas. Basically, head coach B for them.

A good prank at the Austin airport:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-saban-paged-in-prank-at-austin-texas-airport

Reaction Score
Looks like there is not an agreement with Mack Brown to step down at Texas after all.

When reached by text moments ago, Brown refuted the story to Horns247.

"I haven't seen (the) article," Brown wrote.

"I'm in Florida recruiting. If I had decided to step down I sure wouldn't be killing myself down here. I have not decided to step down."

This should help give UConn and Warde the time he needs to finalize things with Narduzzi, IF that's the direction he wants to head in!

http://texas.247sports.com/Article/Mack-Brown-Responds-165559

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Looks like the board and Mack Brown meet Thursday about the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom