(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ? | Page 9 | The Boneyard

(OT) What's been your reaction to Covid-19 vaccine ?

Reaction Score
CT VA Moderna shot. Some two day arm soreness for first shot, second was fine, just a little soreness at injection site. They had 10 shot stations, all busy, very professional, you sat down and were monitored for 20 minutes. I asked if anybody had a problem and was told no. Great to have it, a load lifted from your mind. America is the greatest.

Reaction Score
Back when they drafted you, you were hit with 5 or 6 shots all at once. They made you do push-ups several times that day. Now I know why, it does help the soreness Issue.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Back when they drafted you, you were hit with 5 or 6 shots all at once. They made you do push-ups several times that day. Now I know why, it does help the soreness Issue.
I remember standing in line and getting shots in both arms at the same time. The shots were given with an air gun and were fairly painful, like a bee sting.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Hoorah! Just got my second shot this AM at the Pratt & Whitney site in E. Hartford (Pfizer.) Only a sore arm so far.

Also noticed the CVS in Coventry (Rte 44) is distributing the Moderna vaccine for anyone in the area looking for a shot. Seemed empty when I stopped in.
My wife got her shot at Pratt & Whitney. A huge area marked off with traffic lanes. It looked like they were expexting thousands of cars. There were 4 cars in front of us and the other 4 shot lanes were about the same.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Anyone that served in any branch of the service remembers THAT experience. Walking through a gauntlet of 2-3 nurses on both sides with air shot guns, inject you as you walk by. My arms never hurt like that before or since.

We got our shots soon after our arrival at the basic training reception area of the base. The worst experience I had during my first 8 weeks in the service. I could barely lift my arms the remainder of the day. That’s why getting shots now don’t bother me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
First dose of Pfizer yesterday. I was very fortunate no side effects. My daughter got moderna this morning said okay with the exception of small headache.

Vaccination at a local community college with an amazing setup.

First Volunteer with a wax pen ask for my reservation and ID and with a wax pencil marked the reservation number on my windshield. I was asked to put all four windows down.

Second volunteer checked my health status and repeated the number of questions then with another color marked the time of my appointment.

Moving forward in my car on the line the third volunteer asked me again the health questions and noted in another colored wax pencil why that I was ready for vaccination.

Fourth volunteer was an RN who administered the shot and with another colored wax pen marked the time I could leave. They watched us for 15 minutes after the shot.

The final volunteer checked with me erased all the wax markings on my windshield and I was on my way.

Entire process took about 20 minutes. Unlike reporting the appointment process online was very straightforward.

I did ask the final volunteer who was clearly under 65 and yes if you volunteer for 8 hours you do get a vaccination which accounted for the ratio of volunteers to people being vaccinated. I think this incentive is fine as it promoted awareness and community involvement. In addition to the volunteers

There were three times that many volunteers many directing traffic every 10 ft.

My second shot is April 1. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Second moderna shot 1 week ago. Felt punkish the day after but they feeling was much overweighted by the joy of discovering my new, third testicle.

party time!
I think the current advice is continue to social distance and mask even after vaccination. Reasonable projections are for herd immunity midsummer. Till that point partying probably should be reconsidered.

However, vaccinated people should continue to take safety precautions, such as wearing a mask and avoiding close contact (within about 6 feet, or 2 meters) with others, when they are:

• In public
  • Visiting with people who are unvaccinated and at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
  • Visiting with people who have an unvaccinated household member at increased risk of severe illness from COVID-19
  • Visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I had both Pfizer jabs, 19 days apart some 18 days ago. I had zero pain and no negative reactions both time, but I had prepared to take it easy the day after my 2nd jab. It was not necessary; I played golf in the afternoon.

All the doctors say Pfizer and Moderna are just as effective for patients. Now, I continue to mask, etc but I can now visit my kids this weekend in the same room for the first time in a year.

I should add that the Johnson & Johnson 1-shot vaccine results are confusing. If I did have a choice among the three, I would select Pfizer or Moderna. Getting a 2nd jab is no big deal.
As do I. Congratulations and kudos for your commitment to stopping the spread. Masking and social distance after vaccine is still critical.

Reaction Score
Qualified for it because of my work, first Pfizer shot 16 days ago, second shot scheduled for this coming Thursday (apparently 21 days later is optimal for the second Pfizer shot).

Fairly sore arm the next day, no other side effects. Mostly just tremendously grateful for the scientific and medical communities, and the tremendous resources this country had to fund them and get (multiple!) highly effective vaccines to market in record time. The miracle of these vaccines is such a bright spot after this past year of darkness.

Looking forward to hearing about everyone's reunions with grandkids, fun vacations, and most of all, someday soon, IN PERSON ATTENDANCE AT WCBB GAMES!
Absolutely!

Given the potential seasonality of covid-19 like many coronaviruses wouldn't be surprised if we have annual vaccinations going forward. My wife and I are hopeful of road trip in June to visit her family ... will be driving. I too hope next season I can watch my beloved Sun Devils in person.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
Done! 2nd Pfizer yesterday. Sore arm only this morning. Trips north and south to see the kids are already locked in!

Attachments

• 20210319_101930.jpg
    20210319_101930.jpg
    510.3 KB · Views: 102
Reaction Score
Got both Moderna shots and had no ill effects. I really didn't feel the needle go in. No aftereffects either.

Now the Shingles vaccine is a different story...

arm was a bit sore.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom