OT: Visited UConn today | The Boneyard

OT: Visited UConn today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As the title suggests, took a guided tour of the campus today. What a beautiful day and a beautiful campus, I can definitely see myself there. Also as a side note, saw Terrence and Phil Nolan at the Student Union. Also ran into Omar Calhoun a little bit later.

Reaction Score
Only 3 scholarships available. Might want to get on board before they go to someone else.

Reaction Score
Only 3 scholarships available. Might want to get on board before they go to someone else.
As the title suggests, took a guided tour of the campus today. What a beautiful day and a beautiful campus, I can definitely see myself there. Also as a side note, saw Terrence and Phil Nolan at the Student Union. Also ran into Omar Calhoun a little bit later.

I hope Phil didn't fall over when you ran into him

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Best of luck to you. Your story reminds me of a fateful encounter I had in the union several years ago...I want to say it was September of '11 when a few HS friends and I were eating there for lunch. I bumped into AO and J. Lamb in line at Wendy's and ended up chatting with them for a few minutes. Despite everything that transpired with him after that season, AO couldn't have been nicer and more gregarious. He jokingly said "sure thing" when I asked if they could bring back another title. In retrospect, I realize that was horrible mojo. :confused:

Reaction Score
Think about the long term also. Which school will give you the most money vs education. I have ex students who visit and they joke how their grandkids will have to make their final loan payment. Wild times for higher education

Reaction Score
It's not really fair to see the campus on a beautiful day like this.. unfortunately it's the outlier not the norm.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's not really fair to see the campus on a beautiful day like this.. unfortunately it's the outlier not the norm.

Reaction Score
I guess the weather pattern around Storrs changed since I went there. I remember beautiful days all the time.
Nope! In my nearly 2 years here, I think we've had a Tuesday with NO rain maybe twice (guess what the forecast says for Storrs tomorrow?). It's really taken on its own persona. Not to mention that this winter was the most brutal that any student had seen on campus. Plus the weather overall has been very peculiar since about the second week of October. Hopefully this week is the swing in the other direction we've been waiting for since March.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Nope! In my nearly 2 years here, I think we've had a Tuesday with NO rain maybe twice (guess what the forecast says for Storrs tomorrow?). It's really taken on its own persona. Not to mention that this winter was the most brutal that any student had seen on campus. Plus the weather overall has been very peculiar since about the second week of October. Hopefully this week is the swing in the other direction we've been waiting for since March.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but the weather this winter was also bad off campus.

Reaction Score
I am a senior. The weather here is awful. Rains all the time and the wind is brutal. BUT that makes nice days like today and yesterday even better.

Reaction Score
I am a senior. The weather here is awful. Rains all the time and the wind is brutal. BUT that makes nice days like today and yesterday even better.

I went from 96-01. Spring and Summer was always beautiful. The quad in the Jungle was always packed with people everyday just hanging out.

Reaction Score
Visited Chapel Hill yesterday and looked around some of the classrooms their athletes "learrn" at. At Wake Forest tomorrow, hitting up the carwash and my boy in the wake pullover

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if you noticed, but the weather this winter was also bad off campus.
I'm not sure if he noticed but it does tend to cool down a bit in the winter, but the good news is that it warms up pretty much every Spring.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
The reason you didn't see DHam, Brimah or Purvis is because KO is saving them for Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom