OT: Visited UConn today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Visited UConn today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Weather has never been our strong suit, but the last two winters have been absolutely brutal. Imagine basing your decision whether to attend a Boston-area school on last winter's weather?

New England weather is what it is. I've lived in better and worse climates, but at the end of the day I love the change of seasons, and you don't get that in any greater contrast than here. And Fall and Spring are almost always beautiful.

I remember many great weather days as a student at UConn. Hell, when I lived in Watson they sold t-shirts for "Watson Beach," the little hill where people would lay out on nice weather days. If it's really nice, Mansfield Hollow was a great scene. And yes, winters like the one we just had make the nice days all that much nicer.

Reaction Score
8893 said:
Weather has never been our strong suit, but the last two winters have been absolutely brutal. Imagine basing your decision whether to attend a Boston-area school on last winter's weather? New England weather is what it is. I've lived in better and worse climates, but at the end of the day I love the change of seasons, and you don't get that in any greater contrast than here. And Fall and Spring are almost always beautiful. I remember many great weather days as a student at UConn. Hell, when I lived in Watson they sold t-shirts for "Watson Beach," the little hill where people would lay out on nice weather days. If it's really nice, Mansfield Hollow was a great scene. And yes, winters like the one we just had make the nice days all that much nicer.

Your mind is remembering very selectively. Reality is, you probably did Mansfield Hollow a few times and those t-shirts got used twice. The school year ends too early for UConn to have much good weather. I remember some great spring days golfing at Skunk or hanging around outside while people served drinks from basement windows in the Jungle. When my thoughts come together I start to realize many of these memories were made on one particular day.

The best weather is September and October. By then everyone wants the weather to cool down so it isn't used for bikinis and what not.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Your mind is remembering very selectively. Reality is, you probably did Mansfield Hollow a few times and those t-shirts got used twice. The school year ends too early for UConn to have much good weather. I remember some great spring days golfing at Skunk or hanging around outside while people served drinks from basement windows in the Jungle. When my thoughts come together I start to realize many of these memories were made on one particular day.

The best weather is September and October. By then everyone wants the weather to cool down so it isn't used for bikinis and what not.
No, I remember it accurately. I've said that the weather has never been a selling point, but imo it's not a deal breaker, either. Some of my favorite memories are from some of the worst weather days, especially hurricanes like Gloria and Bob. And at least a couple Spring Weekends that were close to washouts.

I guess my take is that I am a New Englander and what I remember is New England weather--nothing more, nothing less. If people chose their colleges based on weather, New England colleges wouldn't continue to be among the most popular and well-regarded in the world. I tend to think it makes you stronger, and I've always been a bit of a mudder.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
As the title suggests, took a guided tour of the campus today. What a beautiful day and a beautiful campus, I can definitely see myself there. Also as a side note, saw Terrence and Phil Nolan at the Student Union. Also ran into Omar Calhoun a little bit later.
What are you looking to study?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky