OT: Veterans Day Today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Veterans Day Today

Reaction Score
Jake Hotsky Navy WWII deceased
My Uncle "Doc" Howenstein Navy deceased WWII Pacific Theater
Herman Cohen WWII Army deceased European Theater
Ex-Wrestler Ron Welch Sniper Iraq/Afghanistan presently General CT National Guard
Ex-Wrestler Captain Jason Hamill Army Killed in Iraq 2006
Richard Cavallaro Navy retired 25+ years Submarines
"Red" Farwell Army Air Force deceased Tail Gunner B-17European Theater
Ex-Wrestler Jason Ashburn Coast Guard graduated Coast Guard Academy
Ex-Wrestler Greg Kapral retired Army military police graduated West Point served Iraq/Afghanistan
Ex-Wrestler Tom Combs graduated Coast Guard Academy 20+ years
Ex-Wrestler Steven Fekete graduated Air Force Academy

Reaction Score
My Dad served in the Nay during WWII in Submarine Service a lot different from the modern submarine service.
My brother served on a Destroyer during the Korean War.
Its been 55 years ago that I joined the Marine Corps. I served in Viet Nam for two years and 24 years in the Marine Corps. It is so long ago, I fall asleep thinking about it.

Reaction Score

For any who might be interested, a documentary of my fathers WW2 experiences on a sea going rescue tugboat. His boat served at both the D-Day invasion and Iwo Jima; produced by my nephew and my Dad’s grandson, Dylan Wallace. Dylan made the film a year before my Dad passed on.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
So are you the one that messed up my pay while I was at the MMC in 73?;)
Lol. I helped alot of military with their pay and reinlistment bonuses. However it was known don’t mess with finance people or you wouldn’t get paid. I was asked by 3 full bird colonel’s to reenlist and go to ICS at West Point I didn’t and still wonder what if

Reaction Score
I share this as a tribute to the members of the USN that honored my father and his shipmate on May 9, 2017. They and a shipmate too sick to join us were all that was left then of the Arikara crew; this was their last “reunion”. The naval facility who hosted them for the entire day was in Mayport, Florida and to say they were treated like royalty does not do justice to the honor and respect that all, and I mean ALL, the naval personnel showed my Dad and John. It seemed the whole facility was put on hold for the day to honor them. Both are gone now but neither ever stopped talking about the way they were treated. Dad and John never forgot and I never will either!!! Clicking on the picture will show it clearly.
And many thanks to The Boneyard for allowing me the opportunity to share….

Attachments

• IMG_0424.JPG
    IMG_0424.JPG
    826.4 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members