OT: Usain Bolt Loses Last Race | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: Usain Bolt Loses Last Race

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Gatlin got his ass kicked for the last how many years by Bolt and had the nerve to do the "shhsssh" motion with his finger? He should have had some class and walked over to Bolt and said congrats on a tremendous career as the fastest man to ever live.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Gatlin got his ass kicked for the last how many years by Bolt and had the nerve to do the "shhsssh" motion with his finger? He should have had some class and walked over to Bolt and said congrats on a tremendous career as the fastest man to ever live.

He wasnt shhhhh to Bolt.... he was sshsshhshs to the obnoxious fans in the crowd who were booing him in the introductions in the finals... and presumably in the heats as well. Do you even know what he said to Bolt when they hugged after the race? Did you see him bow down to Bolt after the race ?????

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Mo Farah has had a pretty good stranglehold recently.

5000/10000 Gold at 2012 Olympics
5000/10000 Gold at 2016 Olympics
5000/10000 Gold at 2013 WCs
5000/10000 Gold at 2015 WCs
5000 Gold/10000 Silver at 2011 WCs
10000 Gold at 2017 WCs (5000 yet to be run)

Incredible race in the 5,000 a few minutes earlier. Farah's reign was ended.... he won the silver. Chelimo from the US got the bronze.

Reaction Score
Now I wish he didn't come back. I didn't mind him losing on the track. But to go down with injury in last race was a little sad. Nice job by Great Britain.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
The only two statistics you ever need to know (unless you're talking UConn WBB) and they are 9.58 and 19.19
that's the Time and Military Time

c30fc85e837e47ea9665444c8abf8de7.jpg

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
I'm very happy for Justin. Tremendous fortitude on his part to stay with the sport and keep training after his banning. While I respect Bolt's tremendous talent, I have never been keen on his hot dogging and posturing while running down the stretch, which has slowed him down and cost him faster times.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I'm very happy for Justin. Tremendous fortitude on his part to stay with the sport and keep training after his banning. While I respect Bolt's tremendous talent, I have never been keen on his hot dogging and posturing while running down the stretch, which has slowed him down and cost him faster times.

So, the guy who cheats is okay but the guy who shows joy doing what he loves is not. Okay. Got it.

shinobimono

The Sound of One Hand Clapping
Reaction Score
So, the guy who cheats is okay but the guy who shows joy doing what he loves is not. Okay. Got it.
Justin paid his dues. When one breaks the rules, there is a process one has to go through to get back in good terms, whether in sports or other arenas. So no one should get a second chance, they are doomed forever for their transgressions. Okay. Got it.

My point was that Bolt could have gotten even better times had he not hot-dogged, which slowed him down, at the end of races.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Justin paid his dues. When one breaks the rules, there is a process one has to go through to get back in good terms, whether in sports or other arenas. So no one should get a second chance, they are doomed forever for their transgressions. Okay. Got it.

THIRD chance. He was caught TWICE.

Last edited by a moderator:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great finish to this years World Track and Field Championships. All of the finals were exciting... for different reasons. The Women's 800...... Men's 1500, and the M/W 4X400 relays.

Although Bolt gets a ton of press... and Mo Farrah gets tons of accolades as well...... My personal favorite Track Star of all time picked up another Gold in the relays today..... as well as yesterday. How many athletes run both the 4X100 and 4X400 relays? Cant be that many. She's been around seemingly forever (won the silver in Athens in 2004.. 200meters) and she is still going on strong at the ripe old age of 31.

Untitled-design-35.jpg

Dont know if she sticks around til Tokyo.... but I would love for her to pick up the 400 Gold in the Olympics. I was :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: at the result last year in Rio.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Great finish to this years World Track and Field Championships. All of the finals were exciting... for different reasons. The Women's 800. Men's 1500, and the M/W 4X400 relays.

Although Bolt gets a ton of press... and Mo Farrah gets tons of accolades as well. My personal favorite Track Star of all time picked up another Gold in the relays today..... as well as yesterday. How many athletes run both the 4X100 and 4X400 relays? Cant be that many. She's been around seemingly forever (won the silver in Athens in 2004.. 200meters) and she is still going on strong at the ripe old age of 31.

Untitled-design-35.jpg

Dont know if she sticks around til Tokyo.... but I would love for her to pick up the 400 Gold in the Olympics. I was :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: at the result last year in Rio.
I bet Allyson hasn't had a Krispy Kreme in years! :)

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
As much fun as it is to see the Jamaica vs US rivalry in the sprints and relays (men's and women's)... its also exciting to see the Kenya vs Ethiopia rivalry in the long distances. As I mentioned earlier today's races were exciting..... but that women's 5,000 was amazing. The lady from Ethopia who won the 10,000 by a landslide was ahead going into the last lap... but the young lady from Kenya hit a gear that left the Ethiopian in the dust and won going away. ... it was amazing to watch. Before the 2012 Olympics... i didnt really care much for the longer races.... but since watching Dibabi (sp) win the 10,000 in London.... Ive really gotten into those races as well.

Reaction Score
THIRD chance. He was caught TWICE.

As pointed out before, his first failed drug test was for a prescribed ADD medication he had been taking for years. His penalty was significantly reduced on appeal and the committee said there had been no attempt to cheat.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well now we have to wait 2 years to get some meaningful track and field action.... the 2019 US Trials. I wonder if Gatlin will still be racing at 37. I'll be interested to see if Paul Chelimo can take the next step and win the Gold at the 2019 worlds, and in Tokyo in 2020. He graduated college here in my city at UNC-Greensboro a few years ago. I recall walking in my favorite park a few times and seeing him training. It would be neat to say... that I saw a future Olympic Gold Medal winner while he was just a student on the local college track team. Of course I could embellish the story about how we trained together... or that I showed him the proper technique or something like that :p:p:p:p:D

The most exciting race for me was the 3000 Steeplechase where the 2 Americans beat the Kenyans and Bahrain Kenyans.

I missed that one..... what day did that happen. Thats such an interesting event.

Reaction Score
Well now we have to wait 2 years to get some meaningful track and field action.... the 2019 US Trials. I wonder if Gatlin will still be racing at 37. I'll be interested to see if Paul Chelimo can take the next step and win the Gold at the 2019 worlds, and in Tokyo in 2020. He graduated college here in my city at UNC-Greensboro a few years ago. I recall walking in my favorite park a few times and seeing him training. It would be neat to say... that I saw a future Olympic Gold Medal winner while he was just a student on the local college track team. Of course I could embellish the story about how we trained together... or that I showed him the proper technique or something like that :p:p:p:p:D

I missed that one..... what day did that happen. Thats such an interesting event.
It was on Friday (8/11). What made this race great was the fast pace (top 3 broke the championship record time) which dropped runners from the lead group till there were only 3 and than at the last water stop the Americans made their move and won the race.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
One other thing to give kudos t0 - not only were the conditions of the track and stadium amazing, but the stadium was packed every day and the fans were incredible as well. The announcers mentioned many times how great the crowd was - It was really nice to see the crowd support. Props to all the British fans who went to the games...

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
One other thing to give kudos t0 - not only were the conditions of the track and stadium amazing, but the stadium was packed every day and the fans were incredible as well. The announcers mentioned many times how great the crowd was - It was really nice to see the crowd support. Props to all the British fans who went to the games...
USA just tore it up this year too. Final medal count had the USA at 30 (10/11/9). Next closest was Kenya with 11 total.

Russia was suspended from competing due to a doping scandal. Although a few Russians were allowed to compete as Authorized Neutral Athletes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom