OT: URI | The Boneyard

OT: URI

Reaction Score
Total collapse. Up 6 with 40 seconds left, lost in regulation.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Tough road loss. A couple of bad decisions by some kids. Fouling a guy going to the rim up 4. Hits and-1. URI up 1. Then URI unfortunately missed the front end of a 1 and 1. Defend until 7 sec left.

URI kid then tries to steal a pass at the top of the key instead of staying in front of his man. Guy drives, gets fouled, and refs give him home cooking continuation (probably traveled on that too). Hits the And-1. So Davidson's now up two with 3 sec to go...full court run and 3pt heave no good.

Thought they played well most of the game. Liked their D. Worked to get some good looks. They made a few mental errors at the end that cost them. And missed foul shots.

Reaction Score
Hurley better win the A10 tourney or else he is heading for the NIT

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Kid missed the front end of a one and one TWICE. Is a 86% foul shooter coming in to the game

Isn't it the same kid who went for the steal at the end as well? I could very well be mistaken, as I was half watching.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
In an average year, if we lost to LaSalle, Davidson, and St. Joe's by 30, the folks here would be screaming for the coach's head.

Instead, they are screaming to hire him... :confused:

Reaction Score
In an average year, if we lost to LaSalle, Davidson, and St. Joe's by 30, the folks here would be screaming for the coach's head.

Instead, they are screaming to hire him... :confused:

You've got that right. Let's see how they do in the A-10 tournament and how they do in the NCAA before we make Hurley the next Calhoun. He also loses a lot from this year's roster so he's likely leaving this year if he gets the right offer.

Reaction Score
Kid missed the front end of a one and one TWICE. Is a 86% foul shooter coming in to the game
You knew he was missing though. Did you see the shot of his hands? Before the shot. One thing that concerns me with Hurley is...his teams do not close well. They get tight. Tonight was a true choke job. URI cut down the nets for an A10 title with confetti and all. Since then they have been a shell of themselves. The coach admitted not having the team prepared vs. Joe's and now this train wreck ending. EC Mathews has no right hand. A good defender/coach just makes that kid irrelevant. Hurley to a fault will apparently die with this kid.

Reaction Score

That's ok in URI land maybe but here if kids miss front ends of a one-in-one or make bad decisions it's the coaches fault he didn't teach him how to make those or what decision to make.

Truth be told kids do lose games a lot, but we have too many 20 plus losses to offer much support. But the principle is still there somewhere.;)

Reaction Score
And were are we headed with KO? The answer is no place.
If Kevin Ollie is the coach next year with all his new commits, all current players less Larrier returning and Gilbert playing all season, where do you see them finishing?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Hurley has the best guards and most experienced players in the A-10
He is now in the position of needing to win the A-10 tournament or heading to the NIT (perhaps a bit better than 60/40)
Bob McKillop threw in a wrinkle with under 5 that befuddled the URIne guards - Davidson is a very young team - one senior
The A-10 doesn't come close to the AAC as far as talent
All you Hurley guys better wake up - the guy is a lot of shouting on the sidelines - not a good game coach at all
With the guards and athletes he has - he should be cruising through the league
I am not advocating that KO stays but I've been saying all along - Hurley has no big conference experience and is not an accomplished game coach - his record at URI is no where near as good as KOs at UConn for basically the identical tenure
But keep up the mantra because it satisfies a desire
Hurley is, IMHO, not the guy - first he has to win something at URIne
I'd look at McKillop before Hurley

Reaction Score
If Kevin Ollie is the coach next year with all his new commits, all current players less Larrier returning and Gilbert playing all season, where do you see them finishing?
19 regular season wins and a 5th place finish in the AAC. And that's being optimistic

Reaction Score
his record at URI is no where near as good as KOs at UConn for basically the identical tenure

Trend matters. One program has been resurrected from the ashes and the other has been turned into ashes. Plus KO is now under investigation for recruiting violations which is a bit of a problem.

Reaction Score
Hurley has the best guards and most experienced players in the A-10
He is now in the position of needing to win the A-10 tournament or heading to the NIT (perhaps a bit better than 60/40)
Bob McKillop threw in a wrinkle with under 5 that befuddled the URIne guards - Davidson is a very young team - one senior
The A-10 doesn't come close to the AAC as far as talent
All you Hurley guys better wake up - the guy is a lot of shouting on the sidelines - not a good game coach at all
With the guards and athletes he has - he should be cruising through the league
I am not advocating that KO stays but I've been saying all along - Hurley has no big conference experience and is not an accomplished game coach - his record at URI is no where near as good as KOs at UConn for basically the identical tenure
But keep up the mantra because it satisfies a desire
Hurley is, IMHO, not the guy - first he has to win something at URIne
I'd look at McKillop before Hurley
They're definitely still in the tournament lol this is next level dumb. I think McKillop is a good coach but 1) he's not leaving Davidson, 2) he's 67 years old.

Reaction Score
RI is just not that talented of a team. Hurley did a nice job with them this year. I expect RI to exit early in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom