OT - UMass whacks Kellogg | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT - UMass whacks Kellogg

Reaction Score
This is going to sound so car wash of me...

I interviewed their Hoops Manager for an internship and spoke to one of their major boosters the other day and the story was basically put together for all this. Originally they were going to give Kellogg another year with the recruiting class largely because they couldn't afford the buy out on his contract anyway, so it didn't make much sense to kick him to the curb, even though the AD would rather scrimp the money out of the hoops program to go to the football pot. He was a AAD at Ga Tech so he's football or bust.

Anyway, I interviewed the hoops manager for an internship with us about 2 weeks ago and I asked him how everyone was doing up there (I knew they had some real locker room issues there too) - and he said the team was a mess. That Lou Roe had basically just disappeared and no one knew where he was. He said a bunch of the stud freshmen they brought in were already talking about transferring anyway behind Kellogg's back. So I called the booster (he's a close friend of mine) - apparently Roe is getting sued for sexual harassment. But in the lawsuit, she basically names Derek Kellogg in it too - claiming that he knew what was going on and didn't do anything about it. I've met Roe a TON of times, met his kid Samir, etc. Always seemed like a good dude. Come to find out he's got like six kids with different women and the house he's in is basically a booster's house that's letting him live there for free. But as soon as the administration caught wind of it obviously Roe was put on paid leave - thus the disappearance. Then DK being named in the lawsuit, etc.. and I mean it's probably just going to be a mess.

Knowing half that athletic department - the new guys have been hoping for this in all likelihood. Bamford's apparently been riding Kellogg like a donkey since he got there. At his money it's probably justified, but alas.
did you get the undercarriage wash and hot wax deluxe package?

Reaction Score
I'll never understand why Al Skinner was blackballed from the college game.

Al always seemed to find under-the-radar recruits and coach them up. Perfect characteristics for a mid-major coach (true and a dig on BC).

I will say that I have a good friend that is a booster at a school interviewed at shortly after being fired at BC. He is apparently a terrible interviewer. This is only one experience and he may have mailed it in because he didn't even want this job (bad P5 school). When asked about how he would work with the returning roster, he started to name players that weren't even players from that school. The AD was shocked how little he had prepared for the meeting.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Al always seemed to find under-the-radar recruits and coach them up. Perfect characteristics for a mid-major coach (true and a dig on BC).

I will say that I have a good friend that is a booster at a school interviewed at shortly after being fired at BC. He is apparently a terrible interviewer. This is only one experience and he may have mailed it in because he didn't even want this job (bad P5 school). When asked about how he would work with the returning roster, he started to name players that weren't even players from that school. The AD was shocked how little he had prepared for the meeting.
The BC people, from what I remember, were constantly spreading stories about his poor work habits. Guy got results though, I sometimes wish we had an offensive system like the flex you could plug guys into.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boston College wrecked him on the way out. No one wanted to be the AD who hired the lazy guy. Everyone wants to hire the stereotypical coaching diehard who Skypes into his firstborn's birth, no matter how dopey that is.

It was true that Skinner isn't a guy who is going to sleep in his office after working 20 hours a day, but he had Boston College punching above their weight class most of the time. And the guys who came after him are workaholics and they're getting murdered, so there's that.

Skinner was a pure wizard at finding kids no one wanted and turning them into monsters. UMass could do a lot worse.

Reaction Score
Skinner i'd be surprised to see get the job.

I think it'll be the ex-GA Tech guy just because Bamford loves him friends.

Killings is on the list. i think it'll be someone a little bit younger. he was also AAD at Yale. So that guy's got traction, too.

Reaction Score
Skinner i'd be surprised to see get the job.

I think it'll be the ex-GA Tech guy just because Bamford loves him friends.

Killings is on the list. i think it'll be someone a little bit younger. he was also AAD at Yale. So that guy's got traction, too.

One choice down - Gregory just got hired by USF

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Stop giving that school legs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members