OT: UConn baseball in Hartford next Thursday | The Boneyard

OT: UConn baseball in Hartford next Thursday

Reaction Score
18402919_1187371301389092_3200892298463475010_n.jpg

Yes, we have a baseball board, but good to get the word around.

Reaction Score
I'm glad the YardGoats are promoting UConn baseball, if the NHL ever comes back, I hope they will promote UConn hockey...

Reaction Score
I just so happen to have Thursdays off. If I have the extra cash, I'll be there for sure

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will make the trip to watch the Huskies and will drag a few friends with me as well.

Looks like a great evening.

Reaction Score
I was going to wait until the warmer weather to check out the new stadium. But a chance in mid May to put on some UConn gear and cheer on the Huskies?? I am really looking forward to it!! I hope we get a decent crowd.

ETA: just checked and weather.com is predicting a high of 86° next Thursday...:)

Reaction Score
That stadium's atmosphere is a little messed up right now. Went to the game tonight. Too many people are there to party or have season tickets, don't stay the whole game, eat a bit, have a beer, then leave. WPI kids were dumb enough to just stand in front of us and not even be looking at the game. I had to ask a couple to sit down. Place is essentially one giant bar. Great stadium, though. So neat in design; old school and new school done perfectly.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
That stadium's atmosphere is a little messed up right now. Went to the game tonight. Too many people are there to party or have season tickets, don't stay the whole game, eat a bit, have a beer, then leave. WPI kids were dumb enough to just stand in front of us and not even be looking at the game. I had to ask a couple to sit down. Place is essentially one giant bar. Great stadium, though. So neat in design; old school and new school done perfectly.
Sounds like the young alumni section at the Rent.

Reaction Score

WPI? Worcester Polytechnic Institute?

Reaction Score
that's what minor league baseball is in a city. it's an event, not a game.

Reaction Score

Thought about that when I went to opening day game. I think it'll wear off as we get into the heart of the season. People are still examining the ballpark instead of focusing on the game.

As for UConn, I would like them to play a handful of games at DDPark a year (The Storrs people will hate that but oh well). The basketball teams and hockey teams have a presence in Hartford, the baseball team playing there makes total sense. Play 6 games and sell 'season tickets' for $50. At least until the new proposed baseball stadium is built on campus.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Thought about that when I went to opening day game. I think it'll wear off as we get into the heart of the season. People are still examining the ballpark instead of focusing on the game.

As for UConn, I would like them to play a handful of games at DDPark a year (The Storrs people will hate that but oh well). The basketball teams and hockey teams have a presence in Hartford, the baseball team playing there makes total sense. Play 6 games and sell 'season tickets' for $50. At least until the new proposed baseball stadium is built on campus.
For a very competitive team in a great league, JO Christian has to be the worst facility. Not to mention no one is going to Storrs for a 3:30 midweek game or an 11 am or whatever Sunday game. Night baseball is where it's at.

Reaction Score
For a very competitive team in a great league, JO Christian has to be the worst facility. Not to mention no one is going to Storrs for a 3:30 midweek game or an 11 am or whatever Sunday game. Night baseball is where it's at.

Yeah, I think it's safe to say the program would receive much more exposure playing some games in Hartford. Should be interesting to see what they draw Thursday.

Reaction Score

Nobody's going to be heavily focused on wins & losses in minor league baseball (especially for a team that's basically a brand new entity in Hartford). It's built like a giant bar for that reason. Gives people an opportunity to eat & drink, socialize, & casually enjoy the baseball atmosphere.

I think UConn fans that show up Thursday night will enjoy it but be much more into the game.

Reaction Score
Unrelated to the UConn game, does Hartford have any good prospects?

MLB.com 2016 Prospect Watch

#6 Ryan McMahon - 1B/3B
#12 Ryan Castellani - RHP
#13 Dom Nunez - C
#19 Yency Almonte - RHP
#20 Sam Howard - LHP

Other names that could be on the roster by the end of the year:

#1 Brendan Rodgers - SS
#9 Forrest Wall - 2B
#11 Peter Lambert - RHP
#16 Ben Bowden - LHP
#24 Colton Welker - 3B
#29 Sam Hilliard - OF

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

Definitely true. I went tonight and probably watched a total of 3 pitches. Doesn't help that baseball is boring to begin with, but there were only like three hits through the fifth tonight.

Reaction Score
Sounds like the young alumni section at the Rent.

Either 2 or 3 year ago was sitting in that section and witnessed my first cat fight. Hair pulling, face scratching etc. I believe it was the only time I ever sat in the section so I can only imagine.

Reaction Score
Jokes on you if you go to a minor league baseball game and care about the game.

Reaction Score
The stadium is beautiful. It's well worth a visit. They do need to turn down the constant noise and hype a bit and just let the game come to the fans. The field reporter has to be the most annoying person on the planet. After about 6 innings of listening to an obnoxiously grating voice babbling about stupidity, you just want it to stop.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom