OT - UCF Court Design | The Boneyard

OT - UCF Court Design

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@USATODAYsports: UCF's blacktop-style basketball court might have raised the decorative bar: usat.ly/16qj1xs

Courtney Locke @CoachLocke
#OperationBlacktop ENOUGH SAID!!!! pic.twitter.com/ysvFKkmGhe

UCF.jpg

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
very cool

but they need to call uconn asap and find out about the finer things in life like good marketing where instead of state outlines or school letters they should have plastered a non looking knight with maybe a pink sword on there center court. thats the way to do big boy things....

Reaction Score
Calling it an abortion is nice, I'm trying to come up with something better. It does kind of resemble the #3 I took this morning after a long night of drinking last night.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
abortion? you guys have no clue. you must like our current setup and logo u have so much taste.

across the country at every school d1-d3 a popular gathering spot is always the outdoor bball courts when weather is good. a rising trend with them is the blacktop actually having lines and the school painting a logo on it like the actual program court they have. it gives all the student s a nice little spsirt/unity thing and a chance to dribble across the logo if you will. its becoming a popular thing. taking that and transferring it to a actual d1 inside court is a new idea and a cool one i think. at a d3 school anyone can walk across the court on a tuesday afternoon. at a d1 school not so much. gampel is a bit of a wildcard compared to most big d1 schools security/access on the court wise.

ucf can flash some white/silver unis at home and look real cool. heck black on black may look real flashy on tv.

but lets talk about them putting "ucf" at midcourt? why on gods earth would they do that? why do they want anyone to know that they are ucf? i think they should tell everyone they are a random cartoon knight drawing with a outline color thats not school colors. thats what a real marketing team would do.

Reaction Score
My thought is they are going for the Boise St "blue field effect". If you have an obnoxious looking playing surface, people will talk about you. Any publicity is good publicity.

Reaction Score
abortion? you guys have no clue. you must like our current setup and logo u have so much taste.

across the country at every school d1-d3 a popular gathering spot is always the outdoor bball courts when weather is good. a rising trend with them is the blacktop actually having lines and the school painting a logo on it like the actual program court they have. it gives all the student s a nice little spsirt/unity thing and a chance to dribble across the logo if you will. its becoming a popular thing. taking that and transferring it to a actual d1 inside court is a new idea and a cool one i think. at a d3 school anyone can walk across the court on a tuesday afternoon. at a d1 school not so much. gampel is a bit of a wildcard compared to most big d1 schools security/access on the court wise.

ucf can flash some white/silver unis at home and look real cool. heck black on black may look real flashy on tv.

but lets talk about them putting "ucf" at midcourt? why on gods earth would they do that? why do they want anyone to know that they are ucf? i think they should tell everyone they are a random cartoon knight drawing with a outline color thats not school colors. thats what a real marketing team would do.
You clearly get it and your grammar is improving a bit, kudos Dan.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
On the flip side, they might just be floating it to deflect attention from that they just extended a coach who got tagged with an NCAA show cause. (Jones is just flat filthy.)

Reaction Score
I really dont know what to say about that court. I just have a feeling this will be the new era where these basketball courts have crazy designs. The two tone style has really picked up over the last 4 years or so. Oregon brought it to a whole new level and now we have UCF. I could only imagine what is next?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
no offence dan but lets not turn this into a uconn marketing thread

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
no offence dan but lets not turn this into a uconn marketing thread

I hear ya. Lets keep this on UCF.

Here are ucfs new helmets this fall.
http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/78786/ucf-unveils-black-helmet

Look familiar? Yup they are the same as ours accept without cartoon eyes on the front to "scare" young men when we take the field..

Yea our helmets really sure are special.

So basically a community college in Orlando Florida this offseason got new helmets like us just without the scary eyes that will for sure scare college kids according to all the 40 year olds here. Scary win monitoring scary wake win scary warde win winners forrest win hankie scary win. They got a new basketball court like us accept they made it something if different/cool and they kept there block letters because those letters must mean something to them. And to boot they took there logo and instead of turning the knight into a samurai sword fighter they left it as is and without a green outline? Why green? Because that's there rivals color so that wouldn't make sense. Well unless your connecticut I mean ucommunity short for ucomm short for uconn.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Just noticed #chargeon. Cool hash. I wonder how many other schools use such a phrase like that? Well I know Boise st, Georgia state and about 11 other schools don't because they all used bleed blue. Because blood is blue before it come out of your skin and then it magically turns red. It's science. We're good up here at science. Just ask our AAU status. Oh wait. Never mind.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Just noticed #chargeon. Cool hash. I wonder how many other schools use such a phrase like that? Well I know Boise st, Georgia state and about 11 other schools don't because they all used bleed blue. Because blood is blue before it come out of your skin and then it magically turns red. It's science. We're good up here at science. Just ask our AAU status. Oh wait. Never mind.

I will be in the UCF area in a couple of weeks. What type of recon should I do to pass on to WM? And don't task me with any of the BS crap that NSA tracks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I will be in the UCF area in a couple of weeks. What type of recon should I do to pass on to WM? And don't task me with any of the BS crap that NSA tracks.

Find a guy named mike wright and a coach named Charlie taaffe. Also pack up there court and uniforms and burn them so that we can at least be somewhat honest when we say we got 1 of a kind new swag this offseason insert wired smiley face right smack dam here.

Reaction Score
across the country at every school d1-d3 a popular gathering spot is always the outdoor bball courts when weather is good. a rising trend with them is the blacktop actually having lines and the school painting a logo on it like the actual program court they have. it gives all the student s a nice little spsirt/unity thing and a chance to dribble across the logo if you will. its becoming a popular thing..

This made me laugh. I can't imagine why Warde would not seek you out for ideas. THIS is the kind of stuff that separates the big-time programs from the wannabes.

I walked by the outdoor courts at UCLA the other day. It was a beautiful day, mid-70s and sunny. And sure enough, a kid in penny loafers was partaking in some "spsirt/unity" by shooting with a soccer ball on a green concrete court.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

this made me lol

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Its not a good thread on this board anymore unless bill murray drops in with left coast pennies.

Dont worry everyone, everything is ok. If we focus on bball and cartoons for little kids this will for sure make our football team the best ever by default.

Ucla has a tennis court with basketball hoops. This makes uconn so much better because uconn has tennis courts for tennis and bbll courts for bball. And at uconn kids know that soccer balls are for soccer and not for basketball hoops on tennis courts. We are real snart here at uconn. Top 15 public school smart like ucla.

Ucla makes 20mil+ a yeAr tv contract wise. But they have a mis colored basketball court so out of the hundreds of examples out there big earn brings ucla up like the clown he is. I would paint the whole frucki g campus poop brown to be in the situation ucla is today. You would rather be in the aac and have warde as ad. Fall back. Go watch ucla bball games. Enjoy there never rnding season after season of has been bball. Go hang out on there forum and debate with them about zona vs sf vs unlv vs zaga west top 5s.

All is well at uconn. We have had back to back 5-7 seasons. We have a wolf at center court. We branded the school not after our state name. Just like michigan, alabama and trxas right? We got newhelmets with our new brand on the back of them because tv cameras are in the endzones snd not at the 40s. Everythi g is going great. Winners win winningly. Our overall sports contract is less than s girls bball contract last year. Win. Win win.

Bigearn likes to win.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Did central florida previously have a hoops' court?

Nope this is their first one ever. They got it because they now play basketball in the same league as your favorite school. Maybe next time you should leave the jokes t the door and see where your at first.

Reaction Score
Blacktops are for courts with natural lighting. Indoors, the black is going to wash out the basketball. There will be reflection off the wood underneath too which doesn't happen outdoors.

Reaction Score
Unlike the joker elsewhere in the thread, the question about central florida's court/arena was/is legit. As upstater suggests, reflections off the court in any televised games could also be interesting.

pj

Reaction Score
The problem was picking yellow and black as school colors. They should change their nickname to the bumblebees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom