OT?: Two Time Louisiana Player of the Year, Ursin, Commits to Baylor | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT?: Two Time Louisiana Player of the Year, Ursin, Commits to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The welcoming nature of the members of this site has made me appreciate and respect UCONN more than I ever would have otherwise. You might even say that I am a sub-fan of UCONN. I am sure that you will see me on this board most of the season if you choose not to put me on "ignore."
ETT I have mentioned before that I believe you are actually a UCONN fan - you just don't know it yet (kinda like a guy I worked with who wore a Yankee cap - didn't like the Yankees, but he like their logo. Hmmmm...right.) Guess it's starting to surface now. :p

BTW UCONN gear is available here whenever you're ready:

UConn Huskies Merchandise, University of Connecticut Apparel, UConn Gear, Huskies Clothing, Shop, Store, Gifts

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Don't you have a baylor board to post this on? Do we need to have opposing fans clutter this board every time a top 100 player comits somewhere?
Paesano, EastTexas is a welcomed, respected and regular poster/contributor on this board. Fans from other teams are welcomed and encouraged to comment here. We don't consider their comments/posts as "clutter". Some of us post on their boards as well. When we do, we want and expect the same welcome and respect from them when we visit their boards. It's reciprocal, and it's common courtesy. There are a lot of other posters here that look forward to ET's comments and observations throughout the year. ET has been posting here since 2011. Longer than me, and much longer than you. You might say ET has "squatter's rights". If you find ET's comments/posts offensive, or a waste of your time, then perhaps you would be more comfortable frequenting some other board. ET has been, is, and will continue to be welcomed here as long as this board exists. ;)

Carnac

Reaction Score
Paesano, if you don't like to see my posts please feel free to put me on "ignore." I have been coming onto this board several years longer than you have and made many more posts than you have. I feel that I have developed a really good rapport with most of the Boneyarders and I share information on a regular basis that may or may not relate to UCONN. And Boneyarders are the best at posting information about ALL relevant teams, not just UCONN. I consider it the best board in the country.

The welcoming nature of the members of this site has made me appreciate and respect UCONN more than I ever would have otherwise. You might even say that I am a sub-fan of UCONN. I am sure that you will see me on this board most of the season if you choose not to put me on "ignore."

ET, please see my response above to his/her comment. You are a very welcomed and respected poster on this board. Even though you're a Baylor die-hard, we consider you one of us. I personally enjoy your posts/comments. You know your basketball. Please, keep posting here. BTW, Paesano does not speak for me or any of the other posters on this board. You have more support from the regulars here than you realize. :)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I found a picture of Paesano reading the Boneyard::rolleyes:
8nrlO.jpg

Reaction Score
Oh, you poor thing. I don't care if you like UConn or our fans. The people on here that are patronizing you may care but I don't. And, make no mistake, they are patronizing you.
Why do you have to be such a jerk and make the Boneyard look bad????

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Welp...there goes my plan to make a thread about the newest Duke commit :oops:

We need a pact. I'll post about Duke commits. You post about Baylor commits. ETT posts about ND commits. There. Sorted.

In all seriousness, I usually wait until someone else posts the thread when I see ND news, even if I know it will be discussed eventually. Got to keep up appearances.

I'll be curious to see how Ursin does. I've heard a lot of buzz about her from fans but the rankings are curiously low. I buy the AAU explanation to a point, but Dan Olsen does have 3 evals of her up on Hoopgurlz. It's not like he totally hasn't seen her. I'll trust Mulkey and Staley that she's a worthwhile player. But for me the rankings help set my expectations. Is this player a role player, an eventual solid starter, a superstar?

The buzz tells me - future star. The rankings tell me - decent starter. Will be an interesting test case and we've had a few others lately in Vaughn of ND as well as Bent and Irwin.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Out of respect to the fans, who don't want to see an argument, I choose to cease this conversation immediately. No need to keep going.
I like your posts and also find the community of women's basketball fans to be a friendly and knowledgeable group. I think this forum reflects that as well...most of the time. I have no problem with fans from other schools being on here.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
What about the South Carolina commits?
Stanford?
Texas?
Vandy?
Seton Hall?
Villonova?
If we are going to annoy certain posters we might as well be as thorough as possible.

Gosh knows we covered the coaching situation at Vandy in thorough detail and then went over how Steph inherited a pretty decent recruiting class. Plus, she got Carolyn Peck off the airwaves;) (I know, semi-low blow).

And folks here did note that Tara was on a roll regarding Stanford's recent signings (what was it, four in a week?) for both 2017 and 2018.

Geez, I've got start paying better attention to the Pirates...they're just 10 minutes south of me in East Orange. :confused:

Carnac

Reaction Score
We need a pact. I'll post about Duke commits. You post about Baylor commits. ETT posts about ND commits. There. Sorted.

In all seriousness, I usually wait until someone else posts the thread when I see ND news, even if I know it will be discussed eventually. Got to keep up appearances.

I'll be curious to see how Ursin does. I've heard a lot of buzz about her from fans but the rankings are curiously low. I buy the AAU explanation to a point, but Dan Olsen does have 3 evals of her up on Hoopgurlz. It's not like he totally hasn't seen her. I'll trust Mulkey and Staley that she's a worthwhile player. But for me the rankings help set my expectations. Is this player a role player, an eventual solid starter, a superstar?

The buzz tells me - future star. The rankings tell me - decent starter. Will be an interesting test case and we've had a few others lately in Vaughn of ND as well as Bent and Irwin.

Orangutan, what I said about ET goes for you too. You're one of us. Your posts are always timely and informative. The news and comments you and other ND fans post is the only way some of us hear about whats trending in South Bend. Notre Dame is our biggest rival. We're always interested in what going on in their camp. We're pretty sure (if the stars align, and the basketball Gods smile down upon us), we'll see them again in March.

Last edited:

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
What about the South Carolina commits?
Stanford?
Texas?
Vandy?
Seton Hall?
Villonova?
If we are going to annoy certain posters we might as well be as thorough as possible.

Y'all don't have to worry about me EVER starting a South Carolina thread on here after this outburst :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
Y'all don't have to worry about me EVER starting a South Carolina thread on here after this outburst :cool:

C'mon SCG, don't bail on us now. :eek: You're better than that. The season is just about to begin. You guys are on our schedule. Even if you weren't, we would still expect you to keep us up to date with your team's progress.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That's funny. You think I care what people think of the boneyard? Maybe you care too much. Ever consider that?

Do you really want to know what the boneyard (women's forum) looks like? Bizarre as hell. People here attack fellow UConn fans more than they attack fans of rival teams that come here to gloat. Every time a subject like this comes up, I swear I hear a chorus of snapping sounds that is the collective arms of everyone here breaking while patting themselves on the back for being such nice fans. Golly gee, you guys are the best! And you guys wonder why the this side is mocked so much by the other side.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

SCG, what do you think of the SC class that just signed? Baylor got some much needed help by signing four guards.

Reaction Score
That's funny. You think I care what people think of the boneyard? Maybe you care too much. Ever consider that?

Do you really want to know what the boneyard (women's forum) looks like? Bizarre as hell. People here attack fellow UConn fans more than they attack fans of rival teams that come here to gloat. Every time a subject like this comes up, I swear I hear a chorus of snapping sounds that is the collective arms of everyone here breaking while patting themselves on the back for being such nice fans. Golly gee, you guys are the best! And you guys wonder why the this side is mocked so much by the other side.
"....the other side...."????

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
SCG, what do you think of the SC class that just signed? Baylor got some much needed help by signing four guards.

I am very happy. It's a solid class with a few heavy hitters but it's not too overwhelming that it's going to get in the way of what I think is a much stronger 2018 class, and with SC losing so much that year it's important that Dawn brings in a very strong 2018 class. We strengthen the backcourt with Haley Troup and Bianca Jackson, both are guards with very high basketball I.Q.'s... Troup is the sharpshooter, and a great passer.. her style of play is not typically what we get from our guards at SC. She plays like a guard that you'd typically see at a school like Notre Dame. Jackson is deadly in the midrange and attacking the basket and she's best friends with UCONN commit, Mikayla Coombs.. so she's played with and against other great guards. Jackson is also the daughter of two coaches so she's disciplined and mentally tough.

I think our guards are great.. but I'm really excited about Grissett and Williams. I can't really contain my excitement when it comes to Grissett.. she's 6'1 (and according to her coach still growing) with great ball handling skills, speed and athleticism. She's a matchup nightmare because she can play like a wing.. but is strong enough and athletic enough (the girl is RIPPED) to play inside, so she'll be a 3/4 player for us. I love Williams as well.. she has an athletic frame that's going to be lethal once it hits a college workout program.. Williams is a 6'2 stretch 4, she's great inside offensively and defensively. Williams came to SC because Dawn was looking for a post that's athletic enough to play inside like Alaina (with the same shoulders) but with the ability to play facing the basket as well like A'ja, and she found both in Williams..

How do you feel about Baylor's class?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I'm super excited about Baylor's class. We have "bigs" at the moment but we were in desperate need of some top guards, and Morris, Richards and Ursin (Moon) sure fill that need. All three of those players are ultra-athletic and most importantly they can shoot the ball. In the bast Baylor has had athletic guards who were good defenders but couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

I think that Morris will immediately assume the PG position next season and that Richards will fill the void left by Prince. I think Ursin is the wildcard that folks outside of Baylor won't really know about...until they do! At 5-7, Ursin can grab the rim and has attempted dunks in a couple of games. Her athleticism is off the charts. Mulkey really likes the way that Trinity Oliver plays so we will see how she fits into the Baylor scheme. She is a big guard who apparently has a nice outside shot and does all the dirty work. I've watched some video of her and the girl can play.

I'm already looking forward to next season and this season hasn't even started.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
I was worried about the loss of Jones but Baylor will have Wallace, Chou, Landrum, Morris and now Ursin at the guard positions next season, so my worries have been put to rest. Baylor is still in the running for forward Vivian Gray, ranked #26 by Hoopgurlz and #41 by Prospect Nation. The 2017 class is shaping up to be a good one. Now we just need to save some room for Collier, Williams and Smith in 2018, all of whom are still considering Baylor...and UCONN.
That's a heck of a lineup.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score

All fan bases have a small percentage like that; maybe he's upset about last night, like I am. Back on topic; congrats to Baylor for inking Ursin, I think she is going to be a great one. I'm disappointed she's not going to be a Gamecock, though I'm happy about our class, too.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard is far and away the best board in the country and also the most gracious. I'm not from UConn, but have looked at it for many years, get reams of information, and have an appreciation for UConn I didn't used to have. I really think of it as the national board, which I can see could be irritating to a home fan who wants to talk only to or mostly to other home fans. I don't post much, because I don't want to intrude on your home turf, but I definitely appreciate your board. I enjoy ET Trash's posts and others from around the country. Still, I can see if UConn posters felt drowned out, that could become a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom