OT?: Two Time Louisiana Player of the Year, Ursin, Commits to Baylor | The Boneyard

OT?: Two Time Louisiana Player of the Year, Ursin, Commits to Baylor

Status
Not open for further replies.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Guard Cara Ursin ha committed to Baylor. I am SUPER excited about this commit. Ursin has not played AAU ball so she has not had the exposure to get her ranking equal to where it should be. She was the LA POY as a sophomore, the year that Baylor post Kalani Brown was a senior, so that tells you something about her talent leve. But this girl is a phenomenal athlete that is going to add tremendous quickness in the backcourt.

Ursin Youtube Video. What an athlete. Here is one of her videos for anyone who is interested in seeing this player that has been flying under the radar.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Guard Cara Ursin ha committed to Baylor. I am SUPER excited about this commit. Ursin has not played AAU ball so she has not had the exposure to get her ranking equal to where it should be. She was the LA POY as a sophomore, the year that Baylor post Kalani Brown was a senior, so that tells you something about her talent leve. But this girl is a phenomenal athlete that is going to add tremendous quickness in the backcourt.

Ursin Youtube Video. What an athlete. Here is one of her videos for anyone who is interested in seeing this player that has been flying under the radar.

Congrats ET. She sounds like a special player. It's always nice to get a coveted recruit. Kim and staff are doing an excellent job on the recruiting trail.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Congrats ET. She sounds like a special player. It's always nice to get a coveted recruit. Kim and staff are doing an excellent job on the recruiting trail.

I was worried about the loss of Jones but Baylor will have Wallace, Chou, Landrum, Morris and now Ursin at the guard positions next season, so my worries have been put to rest. Baylor is still in the running for forward Vivian Gray, ranked #26 by Hoopgurlz and #41 by Prospect Nation. The 2017 class is shaping up to be a good one. Now we just need to save some room for Collier, Williams and Smith in 2018, all of whom are still considering Baylor...and UCONN.

Reaction Score
Great get for Baylor. She has a quadruple double--a RARE feat for anyone, especially for a high schooler.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Mulkey is a baller.

I wonder how history would have been different if the AD at La Tech had given her the five-year contract she rightly asked for.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Mulkey is a baller.

I wonder how history would have been different if the AD at La Tech had given her the five-year contract she rightly asked for.

She would have never ended up at Baylor and LA Tech would have become a WCBB power again. They definitely screwed the pooch on that decision.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Congrats ETT, Ursin is phenomenal. Came down to Baylor and South Carolina.. the Lady Bears won this time... hopefully we get y'all next time!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Congrats ETT, Ursin is phenomenal. Came down to Baylor and South Carolina.. the Lady Bears won this time... hopefully we get y'all next time!
@easttexastrash help me out here? Morris or Ursin? I see same class, same size, & same position (PG). Morris is higher rated but as you said Ursin has not played AAU basketball. Baylor also have Trinity Oliver in this same class & both Honesty-Scott Grayson & Christyn Williams are considering Baylor a year later.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
She would have never ended up at Baylor and LA Tech would have become a WCBB power again. They definitely screwed the pooch on that decision.

Agreed. It's interesting what goes into the thought process of some administrators when making decisions of this nature. LA Tech loss its mojo after Leon Barmore left. Sonja Hogg (1974-1985) won 2 NC's, and Barmore (1982-2002) 1. Kurt Budke (2002-2005) had a 83% winning percentage in his 3 years replacing Barmore, but no NC's. After he left, the program fell on hard times, and remains there to this day. LA Tech was once the toast of the town.

Now they're an after thought. Had LA Tech given her that contract, she would be doing the same thing there she's doing at Baylor. LA Tech had a winning tradition. There are 3 national championship banners hanging in the rafters of their arena. It would have been easy for her to attract blue chip players. Baylor had no history of winning before she got there. She had to blaze her own trail. Baylor's 2 NC's (2005 & 2012), have been won on her watch. Oh to think what might have been. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Don't you have a baylor board to post this on? Do we need to have opposing fans clutter this board every time a top 100 player comits somewhere?

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Don't you have a baylor board to post this on? Do we need to have opposing fans clutter this board every time a top 100 player comits somewhere?

Information is frequently posted about recruits that other universities have landed. I don't know why this would be any different. This player was down to Baylor and South Carolina so two of the top coaches in the nation wanted her. Her ranking is lower than what it would have been had she played AAU ball, but she took her summers to work on her conditioning and individual skills, such as ball handling and shooting. It is a shame that more players don't do that because you get players in Div I who cannot shoot. If you bother watching the video I think you will be impressed with her talents as she is fun to watch.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
@easttexastrash help me out here? Morris or Ursin? I see same class, same size, & same position (PG). Morris is higher rated but as you said Ursin has not played AAU basketball. Baylor also have Trinity Oliver in this same class & both Honesty-Scott Grayson & Christyn Williams are considering Baylor a year later.

Morris will be the PG and Ursin will most likely be a shooting guard that rotates to the PG position when Morris needs a blow. That is what we will see this year with Jones and Wallace.

I am not as familiar with Grayson and Williams, but what I had seen on Williams was that she was more of a shooting guard, also.

Edit: I have seen video of Trinity Oliver and I highly doubt that she is going to get much playing time and her verbal was a mystery to me. There is obviously something that Mulkey sees that she likes but I am not sure what it is.

Last edited:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

BTW, there was a thread started about Mikayla Vaughn, who is ranked #90, when she gave her verbal to Notre Dame.

Nina Davis was ranked #52 and ended up as an AA. Rankings are not always right.

Reaction Score
When UCONN plays @ Baylor next year this top 100 recruit will be in a Baylor uniform. Consider this advanced scouting. Thanks @easttexastrash.
I didn't know we had members of the coaching staff, in need of scouting reports, on this board. It is useless noise cluttering the board. We don't need recruiting threads for every player of every team that will be on our schedule over the next four years. This is nothing more than a lonely fan of another team coming here to tell us about their shiny new toy. I get that people here like to play the part of superfan and humor them but, really, it is just noise.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I didn't know we had members of the coaching staff, in need of scouting reports, on this board. It is useless noise cluttering the board. We don't need recruiting threads for every player of every team that will be on our schedule over the next four years. This is nothing more than a lonely fan of another team coming here to tell us about their shiny new toy. I get that people here like to play the part of superfan and humor them but, really, it is just noise.
Noise which you are quite capable of skipping right over. How lucky are we that lonely fans of other teams come here to show of shiny new toys.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score

Paesano, if you don't like to see my posts please feel free to put me on "ignore." I have been coming onto this board several years longer than you have and made many more posts than you have. I feel that I have developed a really good rapport with most of the Boneyarders and I share information on a regular basis that may or may not relate to UCONN. And Boneyarders are the best at posting information about ALL relevant teams, not just UCONN. I consider it the best board in the country.

The welcoming nature of the members of this site has made me appreciate and respect UCONN more than I ever would have otherwise. You might even say that I am a sub-fan of UCONN. I am sure that you will see me on this board most of the season if you choose not to put me on "ignore."

Reaction Score
Paesano, if you don't like to see my posts please feel free to put me on "ignore." I have been coming onto this board several years longer than you have and made many more posts than you have. I feel that I have developed a really good rapport with most of the Boneyarders and I share information on a regular basis that may or may not relate to UCONN. And Boneyarders are the best at posting information about ALL relevant teams, not just UCONN. I consider it the best board in the country.

The welcoming nature of the members of this site has made me appreciate and respect UCONN more than I ever would have otherwise. You might even say that I am a sub-fan of UCONN. I am sure that you will see me on this board most of the season if you choose not to put me on "ignore."
Oh, you poor thing. I don't care if you like UConn or our fans. The people on here that are patronizing you may care but I don't. And, make no mistake, they are patronizing you.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Oh, you poor thing. I don't care if you like UConn or our fans. The people on here that are patronizing you may care but I don't. And, make no mistake, they are patronizing you.

Out of respect to the fans, who don't want to see an argument, I choose to cease this conversation immediately. No need to keep going.

Reaction Score
East, I enjoy your posts and am surprised by the vitriol of Paesano. This board is very welcoming of view points from all posters including fans of other teams. I hope you continue with your postings from a Baylor perspective. We UCONN fans are the better for posts from other teams' fans!!!!

Reaction Score
East, I enjoy your posts and am surprised by the vitriol of Paesano. This board is very welcoming of view points from all posters including fans of other teams. I hope you continue with your postings from a Baylor perspective. We UCONN fans are the better for posts from other teams' fans!!!!
Vitriol? I just don't want to wade through the clutter of irrelevant stories about other team's recruits. Let's talk about their players in the few days leading up to our next game with them. Crazy, I know.

Reaction Score
Ignore that person ETT. Unlike other boards that bash the mention of any other team, this board has always been all inclusive for other teams. I know I want the info. I love the sport in general, not just UConn. So keep the info coming and don't feed the trolls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom