OT: Twinkies Oh no....... | The Boneyard

OT: Twinkies Oh no.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Its weird how I had resigned myself to never eating another twinkie or hostess cake again, simply because I had no interest or want (like a McDonald's burger). I've had my share believe me.

However, now that they are going out of business I am, all of a sudden, starting to crave them and will be looking (i.e. actively searching) to have one last one.

Amazing how the brain works.

By the way those apple pies (my favorite) were addictive in my teens and 20s. A college staple for me.

What was your favorite hostess item?

Reaction Score
Never really liked Twinkies.

Drake's Coffee Cakes and those pies were great, and for nostalgic reasons, the cupcakes (chocolate and orange) are remembered fondly.

Reaction Score
Agree with the Hostess Pies... Lemon, Blueberry, Apple, & Cherry (if I remember right?) in a wax-paper wrapper. As a kid I thought those Cherry Pies were confection perfection -- sweet as hell & simply delicious.

(Drakes) Ring Dings remain my fave today... I buy em when they're on sale & put 'em in the freezer where they'll keep forever. And they're just as good frozen as at room temp. ;)

Barkley1.jpg

Reaction Score
Never had a Twinkie my whole life, remember liking those Drake's coffee cakes as a kid.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Guys, Twinkies and all the rest of the popular Hostess products will be back...and they will probably say Hostess on the packaging, too. When the company sells off its assets (including its products and trademarks), competitors will snatch them right up.

So don't worry, you can resume ignoring them when you pay for gas.

To answer the question, Twinkies are my favorite Hostess product. Haven't had one in probably 8-10 years. I used to eat those apple and blueberry pies, even though they had a really nasty aftertaste.

Reaction Score
I can live without the twinkie too.. but those pink marshmellow things with the shredded white stuff is a must every once in a while

Reaction Score
Was never a fan of Twinkies.
The "fake cake" or sponge-like consistency just didn't do it for me.

Yodels, OTOH, were like crack in pastry form :)

Reaction Score
Guys, Twinkies and all the rest of the popular Hostess products will be back...and they will probably say Hostess on the packaging, too. When the company sells off its assets (including its products and trademarks), competitors will snatch them right up.

To answer the question, Twinkies are my favorite Hostess product. Haven't had one in probably 8-10 years. I used to eat those apple and blueberry pies, even though they had a really nasty aftertaste.

You're right, nomar: someone may purchase the rights. But, I work in retail, and every chain has their own brand. It is cheaper, and because of the economy, the retail chains are taking advantage. I believe we will see more and more of this.

Reaction Score
Seriously look up Twinkies on EBAY. People are actually bidding up to $80 for a box of Twinkies with 10 in it. There was one auction where the person was selling 3 boxes of 24 Twinkies and the bidding was up to $360.

Reaction Score
They were great - way back there. I kinda remember revisiting one ~25 years ago after they changed the 'formula'. It tasted like .

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Apple pies and then Drakes cakes. mmm-mmm-mmm.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Never had a Twinkie my whole life, remember liking those Drake's coffee cakes as a kid.

Interesting, I was just remaking that I've never eaten a Twinkie.

I liked the fruit pies, and I've had most of the other products, not very often, though, when I was growing up, Hostess products were things the more well-to do people ate. We never even had Wonder bread at home, although I'm sure I had some at a friend's house.

Reaction Score
I would never let my kids eat what I was - never a Twinkie fan, the coffee cake ruled though.

Reaction Score
Those white powdery donuts...

Speaking of which...

Reaction Score
take a twinkie, brush it in Grand Marnier. grill it lightly. Taste like baked alaska.

love the honey buns, pies and cupcakes too. Donuts are unmatched

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

This. No way the Hostess products will die. I expect them to be available in a year even if there is a dead period.

As a kid it was the Hostess Big Wheels for me. They later became King Dons. And the apple pies :eek:

SouthTampaBill

20" Neck
Reaction Score
Those union idiots would still have a job if they accepted an 8% pay decrease.

I actually read an article where a union guy said that they were ecstatic that they took Hostess down!

Let's see .... 50 years old and no marketable skills and no job. BRILLIANT!

Reaction Score
take a twinkie, brush it in Grand Marnier. grill it lightly. Taste like baked alaska.

love the honey buns, pies and cupcakes too. Donuts are unmatched

Honey buns, pies and chocolate covered donuts along with a Coke growing up morning after a thouse!!! LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom