OT:Travelers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT:Travelers

Reaction Score
Can we merge this with the "OT Does Anyone Work at Travelers" thread?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
You and @the Q seem to be arguing based on different feet on the ground when the dribble is caught.

In that sense, a Eurostep CAN be a travel, but it can also be legal.

If you can do it in a way that you can keep dribbling during that first misdirection step, it is theoretically possible.

But 99.99% of the time they do what harden did. they pick it up, the foot that is NOT the first step is then the pivot foot, and thus it's a travel.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Harden travelled, agreed. I just don't understand how an argument can be made that the eurostep or stepback are, by nature, traveling.

Players have milked this rule to no end, but the eurostep when executed properly is legitimate, which my friend Q doesn't seem to understand.

Would you agree that a proper eurostep would follow the same traveling rules as a layup?

The traveling rules apply to everything. There aren't exceptions. You aren't allowed to take 2 full steps for a layup either.

Reaction Score
The traveling rules apply to everything. There aren't exceptions. You aren't allowed to take 2 full steps for a layup either.

Yes... in which case it would be a travel. It's a pivot and release before the foot comes back down.

A eurostep if properly executed is just that same motion.

So how is any eurostep a travel? It's not a travel as long as you don't bring that foot down before shooting... just like you're saying.

I think you might just not know the footwork of a real eurostep. When you REALLY eurostep, without traveling like harden did above, the first step taken in the motion is with a dribble

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
why keep responding?

The only points I've gathered appear to be either (a) every single euro step and step back jumper is a travel, or (b) only the times people do those moves improperly, that are travels, are in fact travels ...

I don't know what's going on anymore.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Earlier you had mentioned that everyone does it, so its not a big deal (at least that's what I summized). I think experiments with fundamentally flawed players should cease not continue for our Huskies.

If traveling is overlooked its because of the athleticism, speed and skill of the players which is just too quick for some referee's. When your taking a project into account, the pace is slowed to a level that entry level ref's will be able to call. Let's expect our staff to recruit basketball players with skill sets they can hone and keep the projects (although a necessity) at a minimum.

I know you're new, but that kind of sane rationality isn't going to fly here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom