OT: Tom Izzo did what? | The Boneyard

OT: Tom Izzo did what?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Nothing but a hand slap, if anything, I’d imagine.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is SOP at Sparty. Why would a woman go there?

Reaction Score
As bad as the NCAA is for letting these guys work, there is also some blame on parents for letting these guys control their kids futures.

Reaction Score
As bad as the NCAA is for letting these guys work, there is also some blame on parents for letting these guys control their kids futures.

Oh C'mon. I don't think thats fair.

Izzo and other major college basketball coaches have so much power in their hands. Kids are just trying to play and keep their dreams of going pro alive. The power assymetry here is huge

For some of these kids its their only hope of escaping poverty and I'm sure some of the parents feel that pressure.

The only people responsible here are Izzo, first and foremost, the administration at MSU and the NCAA for allowing these coaches to get away with the shady behavior. The NCAA has to set examples and protect the student-athlete who is often the most vulnerable in the entire business model

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He will get what UNC got when it cheated at basketball and football with fake classes

Reaction Score
I say once again.....why bother getting up in arms about this?? Ain’t gonna change. Nothing will be done. Happens in broad daylight, gets dropped right on the doorstep of the NCAA and not a Goddam thing happens. So clearly we are the fools here. Just give it up and accept that there are two sets of rules and we are on the wrong side looking in. Have a nice day Mr Izzo, sorry your good name was besmirched. We will make it up to you next year by giving you a 2 seed when everyone knows you are really a 7.

Reaction Score
Can you imagine years ago Calhoun getting the label of not overseeing his program and they get a year for APR yet this POS is still coaching as well as Wade, Miller, Self and so many others? I realize he's not the gymnastics doctor but he did make his program much more important than a young woman's life and that's horrendous. Not a good person, should be fired as should the others after the Scheme.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Can you imagine years ago Calhoun getting the label of not overseeing his program and they get a year for APR yet this POS is still coaching as well as Wade, Miller, Self and so many others? I realize he's not the gymnastics doctor but he did make his program much more important than a young woman's life and that's horrendous. Not a good person, should be fired as should the others after the Scheme.
You can intimidate a witness but NOT fail to meet standards you didn’t know you had or send too many texts.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
I say once again.....why bother getting up in arms about this?? Ain’t gonna change. Nothing will be done. Happens in broad daylight, gets dropped right on the doorstep of the NCAA and not a Goddam thing happens. So clearly we are the fools here. Just give it up and accept that there are two sets of rules and we are on the wrong side looking in. Have a nice day Mr Izzo, sorry your good name was besmirched. We will make it up to you next year by giving you a 2 seed when everyone knows you are really a 7.
You get up in arms about it because it's way worse than paying players or faking tests.

Reaction Score
I believe they have mandatory reporting responsibilities. So, MSU’s plucky defense of their “beacon on integrity” doesn’t seem to hold water if they beat the police to the witness to make sure he was “OK”. But, forgot to check in with the Title Is folks. I guess they were concerned about the witness being scarred by watching the event, despite the witness being nor greatly moved to intervene or report it. These people honestly think we are stupid.

Reaction Score
You get up in arms about it because it's way worse than paying players or faking tests.
But the point is, not a damn thing will happen. Obviously I was saying this tongue in cheek.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I'm not a lawyer, so the potential legality issues are beyond me.

But, the more I read of the story, the more I think Izzo didn't do anything unreasonable given the facts.

The Smiths are basically family in those circles. It's plausible that he called Smith for genuine personal concern for his safety. And I have no doubt Smith would have corroborated his partner's story regardless.

The optics look awful, I'll give you that.

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
That school is toxic and until they all go (D'Antonio was the first) I wouldn't let my kids go there. That administration screwed up royally from the start.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom