OT Tom Cruise rant | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT Tom Cruise rant

Reaction Score
My son lives in and has a business in Jackson Hole Wyoming where Harrison Ford has a ranch and has done a few projects for him. They're on a first name basis and a few summers ago which is the only time to visit we were in one of the best restaurants in town when he came in and saw Josh and came right over to are table with his wife, we invited them to dine with us and they were super nice. So my wife was in awe of him and couldn't take her eyes off of him which I noticed. I leaned over and told her you know I could kick the out him as I'm or was an ex-athlete standing 6'4 and a solid 220. This of course was said in fun as he is short fella. Everytime I hear his name i remember that day. Also always liked his movies. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's also a better actor; but again, not nearly the icon or star that Cruise is.

I've probably said this before on the Entertainment board, but I think Bale is one of the most underrated actors in history. Another one who is apparently very tightly wound in real life and very intense.

Great range. Among the best imo.

I watched the entire movie The Fighter and had no idea Christian Bale was in the movie until I saw the credits at the end.

Yes, he is incredibly talented.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I watched the entire movie The Fighter and had no idea Christian Bale was in the movie until I saw the credits at the end.

Christian Bale was amazing in this film. Also might be a good time for an eye exam.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don’t mean that the rant was great acting. I mean that he is a great actor. Total whack job but gives his all to his job from all appearances. I loved many of his movies because of how good he was in his role.

It took a long time for people to realize this, but Tropic Thunder should have put any doubt to rest.

He is also a huge producer in Hollywood. He can do this rant because it’s his production.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Agree about the chameleon take. John Malkovich. I like all of these actors and for some great actors I think it's more about their true personas than acting skill. Robert De Niro is always Robert De Niro, and he's also kind of losing his mind. Shia LeBeouf is up there in both talent and nutty. Denzel is a great star and a lot of it is because he is just a cool mf and I always know I'm watching Denzel.

Then I find this and it just basically lists all the popular actors.

Actors who can act "Convincingly" outside their own persona - IMDb

Nicholson is #2 on that list? No way. He is right there on top of the opposite list of guys who are always putting themselves into the character. He may be the least chameleon great actor of them all.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
It took a long time for people to realize this, but Tropic Thunder should have put any doubt to rest.

He is also a huge producer in Hollywood. He can do this rant because it’s his production.

What was he ranting about?

Reaction Score
Cruise doesn’t let you down. Interview, the Firm, Born on 4th, Far and Away, Color of Money, A Few Good Men, Rain Man, Top Gun, Risky Business... all great, big flicks.

Corrected it for you.

Reaction Score
He's also a better actor; but again, not nearly the icon or star that Cruise is.

I've probably said this before on the Entertainment board, but I think Bale is one of the most underrated actors in history. Another one who is apparently very tightly wound in real life and very intense.

Great range. Among the best imo.

Ed Norton is one of the most underrated actors in history.

Reaction Score
Well I know one thing about rants.....the UConn board has a rich history from which to judge.

Reaction Score

I watched that movie in the theater with my two Chicago friends who are from Lowell, MA. We sat in the last row and during the opening scene where Micky and Dicky are doing road construction they are cheering and one of my friend's is pointing out where his house is. The other trainer in the movie O'Keefe was a father figure for my friend, had dinner with them on holidays and brought presents for Christmas. The movie was incredibly authentic and Bale was remarkable.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
‘Rona exposure risk

Thanks. Just saw this.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
What a :rolleyes:, I would have took my mask off and walked off just on principle alone. You don’t talk to fellow adults like they’re toddlers and expect them to abide to your commands. Lil Tom would have had another thing coming.

Reaction Score
I would just laugh, just to get more of a reaction out of him. Part of me would be in awe of Cruise yelling at me. He is crazy but himself and I can respect that. To be fair if we recorded our best rants about 90 percent of us would look very bad. Im sure Jim Calhoun has said way worse. The great ones are wired differently and demand excellence not want demand.

He's his own character and lets face it we dont care about what kind of humans these people are we just like their acting just like we dont care about athletes or coaches off the field/court/ice. Maybe Cruise does put on this persona because the cameras are on him all the time it even pales in comparison to being a famous athlete. A lot of these actors are celebrities from child hood and dont have normal lives, you see the tragic tales of suicide and depression. Supposedly Cruise doesn't drink or take any medication, I know he has Dyslexia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
The production shutting down puts a lot of people out of work who will be hurt financially very badly. Tom, not so much.

Reaction Score
What a :rolleyes:, I would have took my mask off and walked off just on principle alone. You don’t talk to fellow adults like they’re toddlers and expect them to abide to your commands. Lil Tom would have had another thing coming.
A bunch of crew members did walk off and quit. This was all staged, he's not even following any of the protocols he was freaking out about.

Reaction Score
That was his point.
He's taking it so seriously...
eb316c1ee32840f292926cac65635b26_md.jpg

Reaction Score
Ed Norton is one of the most underrated actors in history.
Norton's done some good work. I don't know if he is underrated. I always think of F ight Club, The Italian Job, Rounders and American History X. I guess I haven't seen most of his movies but he hasn't racked them up like Cruise or DiCaprio.

Reaction Score
Norton's done some good work. I don't know if he is underrated. I always think of F ight Club, The Italian Job, Rounders and American History X. I guess I haven't seen most of his movies but he hasn't racked them up like Cruise or DiCaprio.

DiCaprio doesn’t work very often and when he does he only does prestige flicks. Norton is a way better actor than Cruise, he’s just another guy that doesn’t work as much as some other guys by choice. Cruise is more like Will Smith - he’d rather do a disaster flick that spins off a McDonald’s extra value meal promotion and makes a billion dollars than challenge himself with something interesting. There’s room for both I guess.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom