OT Tom Cruise rant | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT Tom Cruise rant

Reaction Score
DiCaprio doesn’t work very often and when he does he only does prestige flicks. Norton is a way better actor than Cruise, he’s just another guy that doesn’t work as much as some other guys by choice. Cruise is more like Will Smith - he’d rather do a disaster flick that spins off a McDonald’s extra value meal promotion and makes a billion dollars than challenge himself with something interesting. There’s room for both I guess.
DiCaprio doesn't work very often? Please. Perhaps you need to read up on his resume. So DiCaprio only does prestige flicks, whatever that means, sounds like a compliment, but Norton doesn't work often by choice. Norton may be a better actor than Cruise, I just don't think he is underrated. Let me know his best work and I'll check it out.

Reaction Score
DiCaprio doesn't work very often? Please. Perhaps you need to read up on his resume. So DiCaprio only does prestige flicks, whatever that means, sounds like a compliment, but Norton doesn't work often by choice. Norton may be a better actor than Cruise, I just don't think he is underrated. Let me know his best work and I'll check it out.
DiCaprio has done two movies in the last seven years, Norton works even less.

Reaction Score
Really can't trust anything coming out of the mouth of someone that short.
Why is this ok to say? you cant help height. Mocking his height isnt really any different than mocking someone's race or gender. ur really tough

Reaction Score
DiCaprio has done two movies in the last seven years, Norton works even less.
DiCaprio racked up the credits. Maybe he's retiring, or taking a sabbatical. These days he's too busy jet-setting around the world preaching about global warming.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Cruise is great at what he does I dont care about him personally. I respect him more for being who he is and not shying away from it rather then be a fake hollywood celeb who tries to put on a front of something their not. Cruise is letting it be known of what needs to be done to get a movie done.

He's got an alpha male personality like Michael Jordan, hes an ass who's trying to win and doesn't care about feelings being hurt. He had teammates who couldn't hack it and ones who won with him and who did fight back against MJ and he respected you for it.

Why does everyone here like Jim Calhoun btw, because he wins right.

Reaction Score

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. DiCaprio works every few years and when he does it's generally with a director like Scorcese or Inarritu in a flick that's going to have a lot of buzz during awards season. "Prestige" is not generally an insult.

Cruise doesn't work that way - he does popcorn blockbusters. Doesn't seem like that controversial an observation.

Reaction Score
I respect him more for being who he is and not shying away from it rather then be a fake hollywood celeb who tries to put on a front of something their not.

I like the guy, but this is an absolutely wild take on Tom Cruise.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. DiCaprio works every few years and when he does it's generally with a director like Scorcese or Inarritu in a flick that's going to have a lot of buzz during awards season. "Prestige" is not generally an insult.

Cruise doesn't work that way - he does popcorn blockbusters. Doesn't seem like that controversial an observation.
Makes sense. My point was that I didn't think Edward Norton was underrated. I don't know how he is rated generally. I like his movies but I probably missed some flicks where he did really great work. I enjoy Tom Cruise movies and I agree they don't necessarily require great acting but he has his moments and he has a presence which people enjoy. Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Captain Kirk, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, Robert McCall, John Wick, Neo. . . Bruce Banner

Reaction Score
Makes sense. My point was that I didn't think Edward Norton was underrated. I don't know how he is rated generally. I like his movies but I probably missed some flicks where he did really great work. I enjoy Tom Cruise movies and I agree they don't necessarily require great acting but he has his moments and he has a presence which people enjoy. Ethan Hunt, James Bond, Captain Kirk, Jason Bourne, Jack Reacher, Robert McCall, John Wick, Neo. . . Bruce Banner

I don't think Norton's underrate either. I think he's regarded as a great actor and a bit of a nightmare to work with. I loved the book Motherless Brooklyn but the reviews of his version of it are not very good. He's great in American History X (minus the reverse dunk which is absurd).

I think I'm the one person on earth who has not been able to get into the John Wick movies.

Reaction Score
I don't think Norton's underrate either. I think he's regarded as a great actor and a bit of a nightmare to work with. I loved the book Motherless Brooklyn but the reviews of his version of it are not very good. He's great in American History X (minus the reverse dunk which is absurd).

I think I'm the one person on earth who has not been able to get into the John Wick movies.
Primal Fear, Norton was only 26 at the time.

People seem to love or hate Keanu and I think he was pretty good in John Wick.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
What a :rolleyes:, I would have took my mask off and walked off just on principle alone. You don’t talk to fellow adults like they’re toddlers and expect them to abide to your commands. Lil Tom would have had another thing coming.

You da man!

And ... gathering your crew together to tell them to stay away (6'+) from each other isn't exactly a sign someone is thinking straight. Send a text next time, Tom.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Cruise insists on doing many of his own stunts, against the advise of producers, insurance companies, etc. They rightfully say one injury on his part would risk the jobs of hundreds. He doesn't seem to care when it's his actions called into question.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom