OT: To follow up on my overrated Bryce Harper thread.... | The Boneyard

OT: To follow up on my overrated Bryce Harper thread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Kris Bryant is another future $30m/year joke

Terrible defensive player, bat is invisible in big spots

Reaction Score
So to follow up your last moronic post you now call the guy who is going to be the NL MVP at age 24 a joke.

Why don't you write more about how much you hate firefighters, that makes about as much sense.

Reaction Score
It's based on them getting their $30m/year contracts. Yes, based on that they are both hugely overrated if you look at their post season stats.

I didn't watch enough Cubs to know how bad a defensive player Bryant is. He should be an American League DH in a perfect world.

Whole Cubs team looks like trash but you really shouldn't be posting about baseball if you think Bryant and Harper are overrated.

Reaction Score
It's based on them getting their $30m/year contracts. Yes, based on that they are both hugely overrated if you look at their post season stats.

So your basing this on when Bryant will be a free agent for the first time in 2022. What great analysis:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
at least the majority of these modern "ballplayers" are all real consistent dugout dancers and top notch at pointing to the dugout from the bases after a single, in say, the 2nd inning. The millions they make are justified, at least, in that regard

Reaction Score
You should stop gambling on baseball if you can't handle losing. That's the only reason I can come up with for you making these ridiculous threads.

Small sample size. You can't take a game or series and use that sample size to form an opinion. And by the way he has had a positive dWar in both his first 2 years. His cumulative War both years makes his worth greater than $30m/yr. He was worth over $60m this year and over $50m last year

Reaction Score
Cubs have a lot of players swinging too hard as well as crappy guessers, the Indians staff has schooled them with off speed. It's hilarious to see a guy like Tomlin look like Seaver vs these guys. I mean how many bad pitches can Baez, Russell and Contreras swing at and look silly. Contreras in his 2nd or 3rd AB swung at 3 straight sliders none of which were a strike. Just awful hitting for a MLer. Either they all want to be hero's or they're just plain stupid because none of them ever guess right, or sit on the change which Tomlin threw 50% of the time down the middle for strike 1. :confused:

Have to give the Indians credit, they pitch to the fact the NL is a fastball league and obviously to me it would seem that that rumor is correct.

As far as Bryant and Harper, ridiculous statement. 2 kids who will carry baseball for a long time, one of whom is having a bad series but he's not the only one.

Reaction Score
And vice versa

Not exactly. I great pitcher will always have the upper hand over great hitting.

Perfect example is Pedro in the all star game at fenway.

If a great pitcher is on hitting their spots, changing speeds and controlling all 4 quadrants of the plate with their complete arsenal of pitches the hitter has no chance

Reaction Score
He's had 87 total post season ABs, at least a sample size

his avg is .50+ points below his career #s and OPS almost .200

I get the pitching is better, but he's 1-14 with a single in the 2016 WS and you're the supposed MVP

He's looked bad in a sample of 16 plate appearances, so he can't hit in big spots. Also, LeBron can't play in the clutch.

Reaction Score

I get the pitching is better, but he's 1-14 with a single in the 2016 WS and you're the supposed MVP

Ted Williams. 200 BA and .533 OPS in postseason

Barry Bonds (pre 2002 hgh) .196 BA and .624 OPS with 1 HR ended up with 9 after making a mockery of the game

Willie Mays .247 BA and .660 OPS

I can keep going if you want. Small sample size. You are taking 20 game sample sizes which are microcosms when looking at baseball careers. The best hitters to ever play had 20 game bad stretches at some point.

Baseball is a game of hot streaks and cold streaks you just want you're hot streaks to be longer than your cold streaks

Reaction Score
Reaction Score

You ever watch Barry Bonds in the playoffs before he was a juiced up old guy? He didn't suck either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom