OT: Thoughts and Prayers | The Boneyard

OT: Thoughts and Prayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I come asking for the best of your thoughts and prayers for the wife and family of a great young man this morning and throughout this week.

A little before 4:00am I got the phonecall I have been anticipating for several days. Bryan was entering into his last hours. I quickly dressed and took off for the Mount Nittany Medical Center in State College. When I arrived his wife, her mother, his father and brother and sister were gathered around his bed.

Bryan's battle with brain cancer began when he was 17 and a senior in high high school. After those treatments we all thought he had beaten the beast. Later as I led Bryan and his wife through their pre-marital sessions we received the terrible news that the cancer had returned. As we met his fiance and he decided that they would go forward with the wedding and join the fight together. Again with all their spirit and will they confronted every decision with passion and faith. Again it seemed that the cancer had been vanquished.

Almost 2 years ago Bryan and Molly received the horrid news for the third time. They continued to explore every option and once again charged forward into the fray. Their families have been there with them every step of the way. Their places of employment have stepped up big time in support of this young couple. Their friends have continually assisted them with transportation and every other way imagineable. Unfortunately, what we willed and sought was not to be and at 5:50 this morning Bryan's struggle was over.

During the morning I was honored to be present and to care for the family who fought this for almost a decade. We shared prayers. We cried, we laughed. Most amazing of all of all was the steadfastness of Molly's love and care to the end. She sat of the arm of a chair and whispered soft words of love and grace into Bryan's ear assuring him that she would be fine, each person in turn told Bryan the same thing encouraging him to let the battle go. Molly's face the whole time as she whispered into Bryan's ear was filled with the most beautiful beatific expression of peace. About an hour after I arrived she whispered him out of this life and into his blessed rest. For Bryan nothing was more blessed this day. When the nurse nodded and said he was gone Molly looked up and said, "You don't know the peace I am feeling right now. Bryan said yesterday he was ready and that that had changed everything and was at peace." She continued, "I understand what he meant."

I then left the hospital after about another 30-40 minutes heading the hour southeast to our area and to the assisted living facility where Bryan's grandmother is resident. It is no secret when a pastor knocked on your door and enters at 7:30am that something out of the ordinary has happened. The next thought is what has happened to whom. That was the case this morning, too. Bryan's grandmother and I sat and talked for 30 minutes and after I had made connection with Bryan's aunt I left them to talk privately on the phone.

Please hold all these people in your thoughts and prayers and keep a little moment in there for me, too, because I'll need to bring this all together in a message later in the week.

All the names have been changed for their privacy.Thanks for your patience and for excusing my rambling and for any thoughts you can give to this courageous young wife and her husband's family.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
My thoughts and prayers are being sent out to Brian, Molly, his loved ones and all needful folk.

MTHusky

UCONN Grad class of 1970, living in Brookings OR
Reaction Score
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and you.

God Bless,
Dave

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Add me to the prayers for this family, and also for you, Ice, that you maintain the strength you need for your ministry. It is a blessing that you help share their burdens. May the Lord provide peace and comfort to all in their time of need.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Thoughts and prayers from my part of Orange County, CA..

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Add me to the list - and I will add you as well, that you have the strength and wisdom and the words to give them comfort. (I do not doubt that you do, just that we can all use a little help.)

Reaction Score
Add me to the list - and I will add you as well, that you have the strength and wisdom and the words to give them comfort. (I do not doubt that you do, just that we can all use a little help.)
We get the strength and wisdom from God, and it never hurts to have a few Boneyarders behind you to connect us all with God.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Thanks to all of you. Just checked on folks and everyone seems to be at that appropriate place we all know so well between pain and healing.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
God Bless, my prayers are with you.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
I wish him Godspeed, and I wish the family a healing peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom