OT: Things getting complicated at Rutgers | The Boneyard

OT: Things getting complicated at Rutgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
The FBI is now involved in an investigation of the whistleblower at RU.

LINK

Maybe the Big Ten will have some second thoughts after all if this really gets nasty.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Rutgers has a president under fire, a severely damaged reputation, an ambitious and pissed off governor, pissed off alumni, no athletic director, no men's bb coach, an overpaid/underperforming women's bb coach, and low potential as a TV draw regionally. The Big Ten went after Rutgers thinking it would give them a big opening into the NY Metro market. They might compete with Seton Hall -- in football. Rutgers is now the Edsel of Div I NCAA institutions. Such a mess. Such a shame.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Rutgers has a president under fire, a severely damaged reputation, an ambitious and pissed off governor, pissed off alumni, no athletic director, no men's bb coach, an overpaid/underperforming women's bb coach, and low potential as a TV draw regionally. The Big Ten went after Rutgers thinking it would give them a big opening into the NY Metro market. They might compete with Seton Hall -- in football. Rutgers is now the Edsel of Div I NCAA institutions. Such a mess. Such a shame.
I agree with such a mess, but such a shame? Not in my opinion. The Big 10 chose RU over UCONN among others. I wish no ill will to the players on any of the teams, but hope RU sports falls flat on its' collective faces.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
with the sports goes the kids...I wouldn't want to wish ill will on the kids who chose Rutgers... :(

Reaction Score
Maybe the Big Ten will have some second thoughts after all if this really gets nasty.

If you mean dis inviting Rutgers - absolutely no way.

If you mean that they are now less likely to invite anyone else - yes.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you mean dis inviting Rutgers - absolutely no way.

If you mean that they are now less likely to invite anyone else - yes.

Second thoughts doesn't doing anything about what is likely impossible to undo, but a good case of buyers remorse might be involved.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
Second thoughts doesn't doing anything about what is likely impossible to undo, but a good case of buyers remorse might be involved.

The BiG is happy this is happening a year early. I'm reasonably certain that Rutgers President Barchi was looking to upgrade facilities and staff and isn't as dumb as some of his peers think. Rice was gone after this year. Pernetti meh.

RS9999X

There's no Dark Side .....it's all Dark.
Reaction Score
The Faculty Tension at Rutgers is another story. They wanted Barchi to go backwards on athletics rather than step up the game with the BiG. That's another dynamic at many colleges--faculty envy over athletics. Barchi put Rutgers on the llikely path to a profit in athletics at the highest level of the game. Exactly what the faculty did not want. It's a form of castration and will be a constant issue over the next few years until Barchi can prove athletics can break even.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I agree with such a mess, but such a shame? Not in my opinion. The Big 10 chose RU over UCONN among others. I wish no ill will to the players on any of the teams, but hope RU sports falls flat on its' collective faces.

I had in mind the thousands of undergraduates at RU and their families. Your wish of ill will is certainly expressed both most emphatically and with a remarkably creative grammatical touch.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I had in mind the thousands of undergraduates at RU and their families. Your wish of ill will is certainly expressed both most emphatically and with a remarkably creative grammatical touch.
Sweet! Glad to know the grammar police are ever in force!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom