OT: The Song Game | Page 26 | The Boneyard

OT: The Song Game

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Get out of My Life - Aaron Neville

Just reconnected with an old friend a couple hours ago and I promised I'd post a song of his here...

Ballad of Philo Paul, T. Mitchell Bell

Great guy, hadn't talked to him since 2011. @August_West would like him - total tree hugger, thinks Jerry Garcia's stuff with David Grisman was among his most awesome work.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Ballad of Philo Paul - T. Mitchell Bell

Listen To What The Man Said - Paul McCartney and Wings

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Ballad of Philo Paul - T. Mitchell Bell

Listen To What The Man Said - Paul McCartney and Wings

Darling, Listen to the Words of this Song - Ruth McFadden

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's try harder folks. See post #609. Sheesh, it was just one page back!
Shame.jpg

Geesh, I figured Tears of Clown would have been safe. You guys are old!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Shame.jpg

Geesh, I figured Tears of Clown would have been safe. You guys are old!

Old, yeah... but if makes you feel better (or worse) you're the closest to my musical tastes based on posts here. And I'm 61 :)

RichZ has been posting ancient blues stuff that was probably recorded on an Edison cylinder. What came before 4-track recording, 1 track?

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Old, yeah... but if makes you feel better (or worse) you're the closest to my musical tastes based on posts here. And I'm 61 :)

RichZ has been posting ancient blues stuff that was probably recorded on an Edison cylinder. What came before 4-track recording, 1 track?

I like quite a few of RichZ's selections from the era of the phonograph with the big horn speaker that the RCA dog listened to, even though I'm not old enough to remember any of them.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I like quite a few of RichZ's selections from the era of the phonograph with the big horn speaker that the RCA dog listened to, even though I'm not old enough to remember any of them.

The sad thing about traditional blues that younger generations are never going to be able to experience is going to an old smoky blues club. IMO, the blues demands an intimate setting with a thick haze of cigarette smoke and an audience chiming in with, "Sing it brother!" every now and then.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Never Going Back Again - Fleetwood Mac

St. Louis Jimmy Oden - Going Down Slow

This is not the original version. I really prefer the original, from 1941, but people been beetchin about me posting old blues, so I'll post the 4th version of this song he recorded. Much newer. This one's from 1960. Wouldn't want you to have to listen to something older than dirt.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
St. Louis Jimmy Oden - Going Down Slow

This is not the original version. I really prefer the original, from 1941, but people been beetchin about me posting old blues, so I'll post the 4th version of this song he recorded. Much newer. This one's from 1960. Wouldn't want you to have to listen to something older than dirt.

Not bitching. Just responding to CL82 about "old". Keep doing what you've been doing.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Not posting a song here, but just wanted to say, way to respond with one of CT's finest! Granted, they weren't born in CT, but after their initial success they became the 2nd black homeowners (after Jackie Robinson) to integrate North Stamford. I used to run into them occasionally at Lee's Market off Long Ridge Rd. and they were invariably stoned out of their gourds.
Their sound was mesmerizing. One day we were hanging out in the cellar of the son of an engineer and decided to hook up an
oscilloscope to the different album music we were playing to see the sign waves. The Chambers Bros waves were noticeably different as they were consistently uniform; almost perfectly so. Loved that sound!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom