OT: The lawsuits begin | The Boneyard

OT: The lawsuits begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
More to come I'm sure and a BY'er at the head of the line. "It's all about protecting the kids." I guess the $100M is meaningless.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
More to come I'm sure and a BY'er at the head of the line. "It's all about protecting the kids." I guess the $100M is meaningless.
??? LINK

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I saw Irving Pinsky (former Yarder?) on the news representing one of the kids who is emotionally distressed from hearing the event. No doubt she is, but he is suing the state which is damn near impossible. If the family is serious they will upgrade their attorney at some point.

Reaction Score
As an attorney, I'm utterly nauseated by this exploitative, scumbag perversion of the justice system.

Incidentally, I noticed in one of the reports, the attorney had been reprimanded and then subsequently suspended by the licensing board. Generally, it requires pretty egregious behavior to actually be reprimanded, let alone suspended.

I would move for his license to be permanently revoked for this despicable lawsuit.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
As an attorney, I'm utterly nauseated by this exploitative, scumbag perversion of the justice system.

Incidentally, I noticed in one of the reports, the attorney had been reprimanded and then subsequently suspended by the licensing board. Generally, it requires pretty egregious behavior to actually be reprimanded, let alone suspended.
He's a clown. I assumed the families of those actually killed would bring actions at some point, as well as those wounded/otherwise harmed. To trot out an emotional distress claim a couple of weeks later is truly despicable.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score

I would move for his license to be permanently revoked for this despicable lawsuit.

I saw the same AVRO report about his suspension and reprimand. They were quite a few years apart so they were probably for two different egregious circumstances. There used to be a term for this sort of bottom feeding, but anyone mentioning it would probably be sued.

Kait14

Kait the Great
Reaction Score
This scumbag lawyer approached these people, and while he is disgusting and has faced many reprimands, the parents are even worse for entertaining him. He has to ask the state permission, and I hope the state tell him to F off

Reaction Score
He was on WTNH news saying the family asked him to represent them...

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
He was on WTNH news saying the family asked him to represent them...

They may have but I suspect he was far down on their list. Since "ambulance chasing" is illegal in CT I'm also sure he was careful about how his contact with the family was established. There is a Google site with an address for the guy and he is taking a real beating there.

I would have no problem with parents suing the estate of the murderer's parent or suing the gun manufacturer(s) but it seems so obvious why this $100 million lawsuit would be filed against the state. In the case of lawyers like this it's all about their cut. If the suit is allowed to go forward it will settle and he'll pocket the lion's share of the settlement.

I don't think this action will fare any better than a fart in a gale wind but down the line when some of the pain has eased I believe that parents and family of those who lost their lives should be permitted to sue the state.

Reaction Score
There are many families still grieving the loss of their children and law suits are already starting!? I will simply say this-as a mother of four children, and one in the first grade, I thank God every day for my precious treasures. I don't want to judge the parents of the surviving students but I truly wish that instead of looking for monetary gains, they would stop to thank our Lord for the blessing of having their children come home to them. My thoughts and prays continue to go out to our neighbors in Newtown.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I doubt the parents are thinking clearly right now.

Reaction Score
Irving Pinsky is and will always be a leach. What a heartless bastard to strike the first blow against the tax payers of this state while all those parents who have lost a child or family member are still grieving. How dare you you insignificant glory and publicity seeker. How do you live with yourself Irving?

Reaction Score
Pinsky=BOTTOM FEEDER!

Reaction Score
Here is a good article on the subject, pointing out why there are absolutely no grounds for a lawsuit - not even one on behalf of the true victims. Also points out that Pinsky, in addition to being suspended for 3 years from 2003-06 and being reprimanded on another occasion, "was also found guilty of professional misconduct in 2001 for failing to tell a client he blew the statute of limitations and then sending her money and having her sign a general release as if the case had settled."

IMO, this is truly a despicable human being.

http://www.courtroomstrategy.com/20...t-a-shameless-publicity-stunt-doomed-to-fail/

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
When I saw him on tv all I could think of was he was a Yarder. But then why would he post as "Irving Pinsky"...then thought he was self-promoting, of course. The interview was in front of a wall where newspaper articles had case wins in bold print.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
First, Pinsky has to get permission from the state to sue. Not going to happen. The state is immune from such law suits. Don't know the technical term.
Second, he has withdraw his suit - says he needs to digest new information. BS to that!
Third, school security is under local board authority, not the state. Sandy Hook had very good security. There is no security to stop rifle fire from shattering glass. I doubt he is going to sue the Town of Newtown. But who knows.

Unfortunately, we all knew something like this was going to happen sooner or later. It is the society we live in. And of course, were Pinsky to win, he gets one third!

We Are Newtown!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Let's recognize that we do not know the interactions between Irving Pinsky and his clients. They may well in their grief be struggling with where to place blame for the trauma experienced by their child. To those not having to stay up nights with a child's nightmares it is an unreasonable maybe even irrational act. Fact is there is nothing rational or reasonable about this whole thing. For all the reasons discussed here it is very likely any such suit will be dismissed or fail but that is not something that parents/clients who are so stressed maybe able to hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom