OT: The five teams that didn't make the NCAA tournament last year but will this year | The Boneyard

OT: The five teams that didn't make the NCAA tournament last year but will this year

Reaction Score
The teams that weren't called last Selection Sunday but will be this time

So are we just forgetting Uconn these days? ¨We¨ as in popular media sites.

I am certain Uconn is Team Number 6 on that list. In fact, I think they are a top 7 seed for this coming year and will likely win about 23 games. Not sure if there are any other glaring errors (missing teams) from the article. But this irks me, to not even have Uconn as some honorable mention at the end of the article.

How do you feel about Uconn not making the list?

Don´t care?
See it as an opportunity to be a dark horse of sorts and fly under the radar?
Happy?
Annoyed?
Something else?

Reaction Score
I'm not really upset about this. It's very hard to be excited about a team with 8 new players - unknown commodities really. We're all UConn fans so we're going to want to see our guys listed and acknowledged but, from a national perspective, UConn is a couple of guys from a decimated team last year who worked their tails off and a whole bunch of question marks. That's not to say I agree with the article (I'll ride or die with UConn regardless) but this isn't a slight or a snub. Looking in from the outside, UConn looks pretty unremarkable.

BUT we've always done best when everyone discounts us. So there's that.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Not being mentioned is not only fair, it was earned the hard way last year. The name UConn in the eyes of college basketball no longer gets you a pass. We must take back our credibility this year or it might get a lot scarier

Reaction Score
Well, Texas, by many standards had a worse season...But I agree, Uconn needs to take back that credibility they worked so hard to earn, especially from 1990 to 2015.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Well, Texas, by many standards had a worse season...But I agree, Uconn needs to take back that credibility they worked so hard to earn, especially from 1990 to 2015.
If Zach Brown and MAL were playing this season for UConn we would get the hype similar to what Texas with Mo Bamba has received in this article.

To think we were recruiting Mo and had a decent chance of getting him when we got the early commit from Zach. Not sure if Mo would have gone to Texas anyways but it looks like fate burned us in the center sweepstakes.

Although it's not over. Maybe one of our dudes turns out better than if we had Mo or Zach. Won't be the first or last time us nuts will see something like this happening. Think Isaiah Fox and Okie dokie in my book (Mek).

Interesting tidbit about Isaiah from a "Where are they now" 2015 article on SB Nation:

Isaiah Fox
I like the idea of Fox stealing a bagel and candy bar worth $2.58 from campus in 2003, and facing up to a $2,500 fine and six months of jail for it. He only ended up paying a $90 fine, but still. Fox did help Arizona's APR this year, after finishing his degree in 2013-14.

Reaction Score
Texas A & M is the glaring omission. Basically TJ Starks, Jay Jay Chandler and Savion Flagg will fill out roster spots 7-10. All are 4* recruits. That is potentially a 10 deep roster. The addition of top 100 pg JJ Caldwell from his RS plus Marquette transfer Duane Wilson equals good PG depth. Starks also runs the point.

I think Tyler Davis has a shot at SEC POY. Texas A & M is loaded. Barring injury journalistic malpractice to omit A & M. Auburn is still very young. I think a year away from being a Tourney lock if MH returns.

UConn being forgotten about by the media is a gift. The chip on the shoulder mentality just grows.

Jaybo

I hate you
Reaction Score
Adams,vital and Anderson are about the only guys who aren't question marks. The rest of the team are either new to college level ball. Coming off injuries.or have seen limited time at this level or have been away from it for a season or two. I can see this team as a 8-9 seed or I can see them as a 20 win NIT bound team.

Reaction Score
Gotta prove it. We had media hype last year - that stuff is meaningless. Our dudes want it bad. They just have to make it happen.

Reaction Score
Glad they didn't make the list. There aren't any expectations for this team from media and that's fair and good.

Not sure about Texas and Auburn on there but we'll see I guess.

Reaction Score
They need to prove they belong on top of the pedestal. They haven't done that in a couple years. Gimme some mean hungry dawgs this year and then the whole country will say we belong. Earned - not given!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom