OT: The Duke vs. Syracuse men's game today. . . | The Boneyard

OT: The Duke vs. Syracuse men's game today. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
. . . must rank amongthe best ever played. Largest on-campus crowd ever (35,000+) and an epic game, ending in OT on a Duke trey as time ran out. Then Syracuse won it in OT. In the post-game interview, Jim Boeheim said it may have been the best game ever there.

Perhaps the most remarkable stat will surface in a few years as a half-million upstate New Yorkers will swear that they were there.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
We were just seated at a restaurant before the game went into OT. Although distant, one of the TV's as the bar was visible so we followed the progress from there. Heck of a take down at the end of the OT period, by a Dukie on a Syracuse player.

Our interest was primarily because Syracuse is undefeated and #2 to Arizona (pending tonight's AZ game).

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
I don't know, the 6 overtime game between Syracuse and UCONN was pretty spectacular, Kib.

I didn't compare these two games, nor did I claim anything other than it was one helluva game, witnessed by more people (on-campus) than ever before and that Jim Boeheim said it may have been the best game ever played there (Syracuse).

Of course it comes up short of the 6-OT game. Even I can figure that out.

But yesterday's game was pretty good, as at least 100,000 Syracusans who witnessed it will tell you today.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Great Game, but I thought Duke was the better team and will most likely win the rematch @ Duke when they play. Duke's foul trouble did them in, although their outstanding three point shooting kept them in the game. I couldn't understand why Syracuse stayed in their zone defense with how the Duke was shooting. What's usually a strength; Syracuse Zone Defense; was definitely a weakness last night.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
Great Game, but I thought Duke was the better team and will most likely win the rematch @ Duke when they play. Duke's foul trouble did them in, although their outstanding three point shooting kept them in the game. I couldn't understand why Syracuse stayed in their zone defense with how the Duke was shooting. What's usually a strength; Syracuse Zone Defense; was definitely a weakness last night.
Syracuse never plays MAN.

Reaction Score
I was at the game. The 35 k atmosphere was fun and it was an entertaining game.

Last edited:

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I didn't compare these two games, nor did I claim anything other than it was one helluva game, witnessed by more people (on-campus) than ever before and that Jim Boeheim said it may have been the best game ever played there (Syracuse).

Of course it comes up short of the 6-OT game. Even I can figure that out.

But yesterday's game was pretty good, as at least 100,000 Syracusans who witnessed it will tell you today.

Sorry, I missed the "among the." I thought it the best. My apologies.

I remember the Syracuse/UCONN game with special fondness since I was in CT taking care of my folks and we watched every minute of it to what seemed like 3:00 in the morning.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
It was a good game. Historic in the sense that it was the first conference home game, against Duke, and two 900 win coaches.

It was not Ali-Frazier. To hear ESPN mouthpieces hype it as if it were ruined it to some extent. You'd think there had never been a game there between a top 5 team and a top 25 team in front if a full house before??? Even a 30k+ full house. It's been done, several times. Side note, SU is not UCLA, UK, KU, UNC, Duke, Indiana, UConn. They are not even MSU or UL. Stop implying their history is better than it is.

The horrible officiating also ruined it.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
It was #2 v. #17 in January. Big deal. UCONN plays it's epic games in March/April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom